my goal is to travel the world.

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:57 pm
Or as much of it as possible.

Anyone else have experience doing this?

what are the basics?

im starting with south america cuz i speak spanish and i know alot of people from almost every country downt there.

after that what next?

i hear about taking cruises on cargo ships, and they hit alot of destinations.(1 offers a 5 grand trip and it hits almost every city ive dreamt about, in the mediteranean and in the pacific islands too! all the way to tokyo and etc!)
but id rather use my motorcycle to travel the entire country without restrictions, i want to meet people and see their cultures and how the live, as well as classic cities. major battlefields etc etc...

its wierd , the urge to see the world struck me out of nowhere , usually i would say travel? for what? i gotta make money son! **** travelling!

then i realised i have like 40 years left and i havent left america except to go to canada, and thats boring culturally. so yeah gimme advice!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,633 • Replies: 15
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 01:05 am
Spain was cool, especially Andulusia! We're doing Italy next. Apparently habla espagnol works pretty good in Italy. Greece after that, we think. I have a hankering for eastern europe. Mrs Hinge has done bit of Southeast Asia, I'm not sure I'm that interested. I'd like to know more about Africa. South America looks enticing. Scandinavia too. New Zealand. We have a plan to 4WD across the top of our great nation too.

I don't think life is long enough to do all you want. But at least you're not hanging around at the end with nothing to do.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 01:14 am
I've been to Boston.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 01:15 am
I've never been to me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 12:08 pm
Watch out! Travel can be addictive. LOL
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 05:18 pm
I've never been out of Australia.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 10:45 pm
Dadpad, bring the family to Seattle!!!

OGIONIK,
Check out bootsnall.com
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 03:55 am
martybarker wrote:

I heard its difficult to sleep there.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:00 am
dadpad wrote:
martybarker wrote:

I heard its difficult to sleep there.

You could always listen to phone-in psychiatrist shows while it rained...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 05:57 pm
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/general/tenday/98115?from=36hr_topnav_health

We get sunshine at times. I actually dusted off my sunglasses just today!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 01:39 pm
You have "dust" in Seattle? LOL
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:51 pm
I've been around Australia, and most countries of Europe, and a little of Asia. A tiny part of Africa.

I've never been to the Americas. Is it worth the effort? Are there any nice, gun-free people there? Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:50 am
margo, Come to San Francisco; it's one of the world's famous destinations that will not disappoint. I'll even show you around Northern California if I'm not away on a trip. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:52 am
I'm also planning to have our third San Francisco A2K Gathering next year between May and August. I'll post a new thread on this gathering when we're about six months before the planned dates.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 08:59 pm
Thanks, c.i.!

I'm a little financially embarrassed at present!

Although, if I'm going to the US - I should do it soon, while the Oz dollar (usually known as the South Pacific Peso) is holding so well against the US dollar.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:24 am
i had an article about people from britain coming to america and realizing the that london crime is really really really worse than here.

I believe it, i hear alot of stories from tagger friends there that gangs are like barbarians and ****, like they do whatever they want.

i guess before our dollar went to hell that we could simply afford to police the problem away.
0 Replies