Where do you want to live?

Relay

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:00 am
I have now two dreams one is to see or visit Greece next late summer. And to move to Berlin or Barcelona permanent. I can also think of living in Denmark and scare some swedish tourists in Helsingör who didnt expected to meet anyone who can fluent swedish in all forms (correct and slang)

I cant imagine myself to live in any american or canadian city at all i feel more and more that Europe is the continent i wanna live in. all the different states and regions are pretty close. Want to go to the Riviera well just take a week trip to Monaco Very Happy

Want to ski well why not just jump on a tour to the places in Norway and Sweden there you can skii in the winter. Or just choose different places in the Alp regions or Balkan.

Want to be in a big city well plenty to choose on for me.

1Barcelona
2Berlin
3 Copenhagen
4 Göteborg
5 Helsingborg

Stockholm (thumps down)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:02 am
Amsterdam
Barcelona
London
Vancouver
Sydney
Rome
New York
Boston
Stockholm
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:06 am
On an undeveloped beach of the Baja Mexico
0 Replies

Relay

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:07 am
Craven is it something wrong with me i dont like Stockholm but many foreigners do and it is still a mystery for me why WHY?
Waht do you see in that city we Swedes outside Stockholm cant see who often dislike the city and its citizens?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:09 am
Hmm, I have never been to Stockholm but I want to live there to find out if I'd want to stay.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:22 am
Relay and Craven, I've visited all the places you have listed on your desired place of residence. I wouldn't mind living in Barcelona for a year or two, but I'd want to return to the USA after that period. c.i.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:25 am
In the canyons of my mind, in my own little world, which moves around as and how I choose.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:28 am
Of the European cities I have visited...Barcelona. It stans alone at the top of the list. No place else is really close. Was there last summer at this time. Incredible. Is assisted by the fact that my wife speaks the language.

Not quite well off enough yet to live in Monte Carlo or Nice. That would be multiple millions from where I am now.

Historically, Rome was awesome, but it is inland, and large, and has many of the same drawbacks that I experience now (in Houston) from the standpoint of congestion and pollution.

Athens was good but not great; Florence was a little better.

Venice was excellent.

Have not been to London or Paris or Berlin but would probably find Southern Europe more to my liking, climate-wise.

If I could move anywhere at this moment, I believe I'd pick Vancouver.

But right behind that would be Barcelona.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 12:55 pm
Here:

http://home.freeway.net/img/webcam/Petoskey.jpg

Anyone know where that is?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 08:08 pm
I've always hankered after living in Europe, preferably the south of France, not the cities, but a small village, but then.....

Wher I live now is pretty cool, too, though - in a suburb - on the shores of Sydney Harbour.
Henry Lawson Park
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:55 am
I would love to live in New York for a couple of years (with a good income!); and Berlin (I understand it is a very interesting place, socially and intellectually at present - and I speak pidgin German - which I imagine would improve, perforce, fast!); I am willing to believe that Barcelona is wonderful - have heard this a lot - and Gaudi architecture!!!!!!; Sydney (inner city) is fabulous - but MONEY is needed to enjoy it; Montreal and Vancouver - been to Montreal - interesting place - heard Vancouver is stunning - and I really like Canada; Shanghai would be fascinating.

Sigh.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 03:07 am
somewhere with lot's of sunshine and very few people.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:17 am
i would like to live in berlin again ... near that place in prenzlberg where i stayed last time. it was so cool ... <nods>.

a southern french town with gentle late afternoon sun, plane trees and evening walks in the orange-yellow light of the street lamps, past the chatter of old-town cafe terraces, wouldnt be bad either ...
0 Replies