You know you're tired when ...

urs53

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:15 am
Well, Margo, I am still looking for the milk cartons... :-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:32 am
You know you are tired when you are driving north to Tulsa from Houston, it's a pitchy black night, 3 am..... and all the way up the Indian Nations Turnpike, which is straight as a arrow, you keep thinking that if you had two bungee cords to hold the wheel steady...... you could nap a little, but you don't do that. But you do think about it, .....a lot.
You drive and drive and drive until you get to the tollbooth and pay the toll and then, about a mile later you think, "Hey, wait a minute, there's no tollbooths on the Indian Nation Turnpike!" and realize that you are about twenty-five miles north of Tulsa on your way to Joplin and wonder just how was that nap through Tulsa???
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:33 am
Ooh...scary, Joe. Shocked
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:12 am
Hit my alarm clock, showered, got dressed, rode the train to work (delighted to get a seat for a change), got to work .... only to find out it was Saturday!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:56 am
Laughing Heeven.

Beth, that is the sweetest doggie picture I've seen. That is some silky-looking fur. Can't wait to meet them! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:15 pm
I knew I was tired when I got home from walking the dogs - took the orange juice and a small bottle of root beer out of the fridge - looked at them both - decided to have the orange juice - shook the root beer - and opened it.

I'm washing my clothes right now. Cleo got most of the root beer off my face and hands. There's still some drying in my hair. <sigh>
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:12 pm
LOL Beth. . . I fell asleep last night in the middle of a word in my paper. . . I woke up at three AM and Aeneas had turned into Aeneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(error). I think I just stopped typing and began staring at a small speck of paint on my bulliten board. . . but I don't really remember anymore. . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:32 pm
you are feeling sleepy
very sleepy

sounds almost like you hypnotized yourself!
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:34 pm
it's a very oddly shaped paint dot :-)
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:43 pm
get up hungry, go directly to coffe machine, get filter, put coffee in, look for coffe pot for 10 minutes, give up and settle for juice or milk.
open fridge to get juice or milk, eggs, bacon and find empty coffee pot.
fill pot with water, turn on coffe machine, go back for the rest of the goods, place empty pot in fridge, turn 'puter on, make breakfast, bring plate to 'puter and remember coffee.
go to get coffee and it's all over the counter and floor.....again.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:45 pm
LOL. . . coffee seems to be more trouble than it's worth for you guys. . . I stick to coke. . . (uhm, a cola) less chance for burning, spilling, losing, etc. . . actually, come to think of it, coke's pretty good for that, too. . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 05:49 am
hehehehehe

love those coffee stories. they always make me feel so much better. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:34 am
I was terribly late for work last Friday . . . i could't find my glasses, and i dare not leave for work without them, as i need them for driving. I eventually found them on top of the refrigerator--after i had twice moved them while looking for them . . .

Hi, Princess, long time, no sea (as the retired sailor said) . . .
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:05 am
Hi, S :-)

I have a number of glasses stories along those lines. . . though they usually wind up on my head or in the case where I decided to move them. . . oh well. . . I'd do the contacts thing, but that would require finger-in-eye contact, and I'm not big on that. . . :-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 09:12 am
Even when I was drinking coffee, I never reheated it. Eww...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:18 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Even when I was drinking coffee, I never reheated it. Eww...

or inhaled?????
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 03:40 pm
Got up a little earlier than usual on Friday. Decided to head into the office, get a good start on things.

Walked down to the subway. Headed east - transferred to the southbound line at St. George. Stood - so I'd be near the door and ready to go at St. Andrew. Reading ... reading ... look up ... lots of people getting off ... i might as well sit down ... look up a minute later, and realize I sat down at my stop! Got off the train ... crossed the platform, caught a train back to St. Andrew - up the stairs to go out - but I'm facing the wrong way now, so I briskly march out of the building ... and away from work.

I ended up at the office at the regular time Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:46 pm
I wore two different color socks to work. I wore socks that do not match my shoes/slacks. And once I brought two different shoes to work - the funny thing, the heels were at a slightly different height. I just hope I don't show up without slacks or a skirt one day.

I've also done that cell phone thing and the car keys thing too.

I once woke up on the train, thought I was heading home only to discover I was heading into work and it was morning. Damn that ruined my entire day.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:49 pm
Got up this morning, tired and hungover.

Doorbell rang. I thought it was my neighbor.

Shot the friggin' postal carrier by mistake.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 03:20 pm
I've done the shoe thing. I had identical shoes in different colors. One black, one brown...

Last week I was doing about 90 and almost passed a state trooper during my morning commute. That woke me up.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:05:42