You know you're tired when ...

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 08:54 am
The kettle on the stove starts whistling, you walk into the kitchen and turn off the light.

Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,905 • Replies: 143
No top replies

sumac

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 08:56 am
That's aging, hon. And lack of focus of the remaining brain synapses what we possess.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:01 am
I've been doing stuff like that since I was a kid, sumac. I push past the point when I should have gone to bed - and silly things happen. Embarrassed
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:12 am
Well, yeah,that is another kettle of fish. I have been burning the candle at both ends lately, and my fatigue has caused all kinds of stupid stuff. Know what you mean.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 04:12 pm
When you can't keep your eyes open driving to work......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 04:16 pm
I was recently making a couple of corbels and the job took me from one room to the other -- design to construction. I lost my pencil and kept going back and forth, mentally cussing. I knew I had been only in those two areas yet the pencil was nowhere to be found. Until I finally became so enraged I swore... and the pencil dropped out of my mouth.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 04:21 pm
Nah, Gus - you would have been tired if the CORBEL had dropped out of your mouth - pencils are within the normal distribution...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 04:30 pm
you find you have put the kettle in the freezer, turned on the water and forget where you just were or even why.

I find that when I do find the kettle though, I figure it all out...however far post the event...it all gets straightened out eventually.

Naps...I miss naps...we should be encouraged to take them more often. Although, we couldnt blame these things on lack of sleep then so, maybe it is good. Wink

Sleep well ehbeth
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 04:48 pm
A friend of my wife called from her cell phone. They were talking and suddenly there is all this racket on the other end. Mines like - "You OK?", and she replies, "I can't find my goddamn cellphone".
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 06:19 pm
About a decade ago, after a week on the road for work, I was driving back to my home base. Mentally checking things that I needed to account for - house keys, cell phone, laptop, car keys. I found everything except the car keys. Rolling Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, I was getting ready to call Setanta. Got out the cordless phone, got the phone card, hit the engage button on the phone, and held the phone card up to my ear. I was quite puzzled when I couldn't get a dial tone. Embarrassed

Sleep. I'm going to sleep tonight.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:05 pm
Quote:
"...and held the phone card up to my ear."

Good visual, Beth. I got a chuckle out of that.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:07 pm
Me, too.....chuckle, snort Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:16 pm
I didn't know you snorted, Rae.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:40 pm
Bwaaaahaaaaa! Cool
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:30 am
Chuckle...snort...goufav...(I just made that up).....falling asleep at the keyboard of the computer at night...that tells me something.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 08:46 am
.........you put orange juice in your Rice Krispies (I really did that, many years ago!)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 08:54 am
Ive put OJ in my coffee a few times

its a test of character I believe

drink it anyway so you can be awake enough not to poke your own eye out or something?
Go back to bed cuz its going to be a not so good day?
Forget the coffee altogether, it wont work?
Try all over again?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:36 am
I"ve poured coffee into the sugar bowl, and other assorted stupid stuff.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:54 am
nodding off in front to the t.v. at xmas time with the news on something something something about the danger of dried out xmas trees, stumbling out of a near slumber i got up and watered the artifical tree.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 11:01 am
dys- Laughing

I'll bet you never got out of bed half asleep, buttered what you thought was a piece of bread, took a bite, and discovered that you were eating a sponge! Embarrassed
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You know you're tired when ...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:49:37