I don't want to lop off my dogs balls!

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:02 pm
I still haven't scheduled the appointment. And now I'm starting to wonder what would be so wrong about leaving my poor dog's balls intact. The only downside I can think of is the urine marking issue.

Why should I neuter the poor bastard? How would I explain it to him?

Nah, I don't think I can do it. He's very attached to his balls right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 10,815 • Replies: 98
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:14 pm
just say no
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:18 pm
You can also get him fake nuts..

http://www.neuticles.com/

at least he will have something to lick
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:36 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
You can also get him fake nuts..

http://www.neuticles.com/

at least he will have something to lick

That's too much to be believed! Like the dog is going to benefit from this? Seems purely for the owner's benefit.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:39 pm
Re: I don't want to lop off my dogs balls!
Robert Gentel wrote:
The only downside I can think of is the urine marking issue.

as long as he's got 'em, he's gonna wanna get with the bitches.

do they offer doggie vasectomies?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:43 pm
lol my dogs in heat and i had the great pleasure of being around 3 male 3 year old brendel pitbulls all day the other day.

After about an hour of being air humped i ended up just hitting them in the face really hard, but even that didnt work.

BUT DONT CHOP EM! ITS MEAN!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:48 pm
S'pposed to increase the dog's overall life expectancy.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 02:57 pm
Reduces their chance for penis cancer.

If penis cancer isn't scary enough to convince you, nothing will.

They're dogs, fercryingoutloud, not people. They aren't going to miss their balls. It's not mean.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:00 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
How would I explain it to him?

What has happened to you? what pod are you part of? what happened to pragmatism - common sense? whaaaaaaaaaaaaat ???
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:03 pm
please don't cut off your dog's balls.... get a vet to do it..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:08 pm
Well....he will do ANYTHING to get out if a female is in heat in your neighborhood.

Someone I knew had their bitch get pregnant....and the ironic thing was, she was fenced in the whole time. Chain link fence. The point here? They did it through the fence. That's how intense the drive is.

Get him fixed. You'll have a much nicer dog who doesn't want to run every chance he gets.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 03:42 pm
Laughing Bear!

Seriously, it's your pet's balls we're talking about, RG, not yours! You sound like you're taking this personally!

Do you know how many unwanted puppies are born and euthanized every year, all because people won't neuter & spay? If you don't plan to keep your dog for breeding, neutering him is the healthy and responsible thing to do. Don't be part of the problem.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 06:07 pm
Yeah. Quit projecting and just do it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 06:59 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
I still haven't scheduled the appointment. And now I'm starting to wonder what would be so wrong about leaving my poor dog's balls intact. The only downside I can think of is the urine marking issue.

Why should I neuter the poor bastard? How would I explain it to him?

Nah, I don't think I can do it. He's very attached to his balls right now.

1. Stop projecting. Nobody's gonna do anything to YOUR balls. Like, they won't drop off in sympathy, or be cursed by your actions and wither and die. Unless, of course, the microwave practices you used to involve them in has a delayed effect...but that's gonna happen anyway.

2. a. Unwanted pups, marking, straying seeking lerve. He'll probably end up raping the cat..... b. He's a DOG...you CAN'T explain it to him....he doesn't know what they're FOR.....and he'll likely run faster without them and all. Also, he won't have them dangling around just waiting to be bumped, and cause him agony.

3. See 1...YOU're attached to his balls.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:00 am
Penis cancer is extremely rare. What is NOT rare is testicular cancer, prostate cancer and/or hyperplasia, and perianal tumors. All of these are testosterone-related, and virtually disappear after castration. The simple fact is that testes are only necessary for reproduction, and actually constitute a health hazard. Although it's not socially acceptable or popular to admit it, that's also true for humans. All men my age would be better off without them, if for no other reason than to reduce the incidence of prostate trouble as we age. By the way, copulation is still entirely possible without them - only pregnancy is eliminated.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:03 am
explain that one to me.... seriously. I may be showing my ignorance but I thought no balls =elimination of sexual desire and ability to get it up.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:22 am
we did opt to not neuter our dog.
yes, he did anything to get away when there was a lady in heat (and there are a number of funny stories related to that ) - but that was only about one week every year. during that one week we had to keep him in the house. BUT, him keeping his balls did not mean he humped everything in sight, did not turn him into some isane beast. he was probably more vivacious than if we had him neutered (he was definitely a character), but i loved that about him. finally he was hit by a car when he was nearly 15, if not, he'd still be around.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:38 am
balls+males+ testosterone does not equal insane beast Evil or Very Mad

Balls + males+ testosterone+ patron however...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:33 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
explain that one to me.... seriously. I may be showing my ignorance but I thought no balls =elimination of sexual desire and ability to get it up.

Think of it like a vasectomy .

It does not effect HOW the body works.. it just effects WHAT the body produces.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:39 pm
...and personality. neutered dogs are more mellow. (which i do not prefer).
0 Replies