Bad Problem

krispy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:49 pm
Hi i have a 2000 v6 mustang that is running rich and i believe misfiring. One of my friends put headers on and there were black deposits all along the black where the headers go and all over the spark plugs...could this be a fuel issue? the old exhaust manifolds and pipe were full of the black residue if anyone has a solution please tell me thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 689 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:55 pm
Is it throwing codes?

Rarely will they run that poorly and not trip the light.
0 Replies

krispy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:56 pm
my engine light is on so probably where do i take it to get the codes read
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:57 pm
A local parts house will prolly loan or rent a code reader. It is not terribly difficult to pull codes, the hard part can be in deciding what they mean.
0 Replies

krispy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:00 pm
oh well would you have any idea why it would be doing this? it was running superb then i took it to the place i got it from because the fuel pump went out and ever since i got it back its been sluggish...was the bad the original cats got clogged up and it would almost die everytime i was coming to a stop
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:03 pm
I'll give ya some possibles, but codes will be better.

O2 sensor
fuel regulator
TPS switch
MAF sensor
bad injector

Parts are too expensive to try and play a guessing game.
0 Replies

krispy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:12 pm
alright thanks ill go get everything looked at
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:16 pm
If you wanna pull the codes, and report back, I don't mind trying to point ya, but I can't promise to fix anything from my desk.

RH
0 Replies