Hungry Man Frozen Dinners

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:38 pm
Bought a Hungry Man frozen dinner last night. I wanted fried chicken, but did not want to eat out or cook. I knew right away I erred. The "old fashioned style" cooking consisted of one wing, half a wing, and a lump of white meat. There was corn, mashed potatoes and something that looked like possible dessert. Approximately $2.59 for a serving of pure crap. I don' know if it could have really satisfied a hungry man, because I dumped most of it in the garbage. If anybody here works for the Hungry Man Dinner company, I hope I didn't upset or embarrass you. But, please pass it on to your bosses: I want my money back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,393 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:42 pm
The minute you walked in the joint,
I could see you were a man of distinction,
A real big spender........
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 03:53 pm
You almost never get what you pay for anymore. You might as well grow your own food.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:02 pm
Chumly wrote:

Money wasn't the big factor in my deciding to make the purchase. I just wanted a few pieces of fried chicken, without going somewhere, or having to prepare it myself. Ther label deceptively lures with a promise of satisfying the hungry man's appetite. Plus, I stil ended up cooking a meal.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:06 pm
It's easier to visit the Colonel than go to the store, buy a frozen dinner, get back in the car, drive home.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:08 pm
DrewDad wrote:
It's easier to visit the Colonel than go to the store, buy a frozen dinner, get back in the car, drive home.....

Not without driving to Tomball.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:16 pm
I keep telling you, put on your black jacket and dark jeans, walk down the backway till you get behind Old Jenkins' coop. Move that plank aside by the midway post and scoot under that wire he put there a couple of weeks ago.

Take the first hen you can lay your hands on because the goldarned dog of his didn't die of whatever Jimbo tried to poison him with. dammit.

Still, that's a lot of work.
I've been sneaking into Farrish's cellar and taking what I want out of his freezer.

Joe(You want some deer steaks?)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:22 pm
I've been sneaking into Farrish's cellar and taking what I want out of his freezer.

Ah, but, Texans don't have cellars, at least not east Texans.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:31 pm
we've got some rabbits roaming around our garden . even one makes a mighty tasty meal !
when i grew up , my dad always kept a few rabbits in pens - but in canada we are buying them in the supermarket - they are very good , and no pelt to dispose of .
hbg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:35 pm
DrewDad wrote:

They closed the KFC a mile or so from my house.

I have to drive almost to Tomball to clog up my arteries.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:49 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Chumly wrote:

Money wasn't the big factor in my deciding to make the purchase. I just wanted a few pieces of fried chicken, without going somewhere, or having to prepare it myself. Ther label deceptively lures with a promise of satisfying the hungry man's appetite. Plus, I stil ended up cooking a meal.
Yeah, I do know exactly what you're talking about.....can't help teasing, I'm in song lyric mode, doing minor home repairs, noodling on the Internet, watching The Bridge over the River Kai, and feeding our new Chow liver bits.

Talking about liver and tomatoes and onions and rice........there is your real deal.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 04:56 pm
Pasta girl here spent some of my young life, in my lab internship days, eating Morton's frozen spaghetti dinners. (Well, that and chicken necks, and the occasional can of peas.) I liked them and they were 29 cents each. I wonder if I'd like them now. They're sort of a different animal from the homemade item. I used to like Spaghetti-O's too, but liked the frozen agglomeration better. But - my point - spaghetti-os are separately likeable from real spaghetti, like the frozen Hungry Man Chicken Dinner might be from a real hungry man's chicken dinner.. If you were very elfin.

Or, the case of the Thin Man and his trip to the store.

Damn, who wrote the Thin Man? Or was that the Third Man (wasn't that Greene?)

<can I do a tangent, or what?>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:15 pm
Actually, they shut down the KFC in Tomball at least a year or two ago. It recently reopened as Church's. Then, on down at Four Corners, is Popeye's. Well, now I remember, there is a KFC/A&W, now, at Kuykendhal and State Highway 2920.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:20 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Actually, they shut down the KFC in Tomball at least a year or two ago. It recently reopened as Church's. Then, on down at Four Corners, is Popeye's. Well, now I remember, there is a KFC/A&W, now, at Kuykendhal and State Highway 2920.

Well edgar, one door closes, another opens.

They closed a popeye's near where I worked about a year ago. Maybe it will reopen as a Golden Chick.

and you say there is no God.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:29 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Pasta girl here spent some of my young life, in my lab internship days, eating Morton's frozen spaghetti dinners. (Well, that and chicken necks, and the occasional can of peas.) I liked them and they were 29 cents each. I wonder if I'd like them now. They're sort of a different animal from the homemade item. I used to like Spaghetti-O's too, but liked the frozen agglomeration better. But - my point - spaghetti-os are separately likeable from real spaghetti, like the frozen Hungry Man Chicken Dinner might be from a real hungry man's chicken dinner.. If you were very elfin.

Or, the case of the Thin Man and his trip to the store.

Damn, who wrote the Thin Man? Or was that the Third Man (wasn't that Greene?)

<can>

Ever since Campbell's bought out Franco-American, Spaghetti-O's just aren't what they used to be. Campbell's changed the recipe, and now they're just bland imitations of what Spaghetti-O's used to be. Even their color is pale as to how I remember them.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:35 pm
Spaghetti-O nostalgia.
Has it come to this?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:40 pm
Never was a fan of Sphagetti-Os. I do love a good sphagetti with meat sauce.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:41 pm
Jesus Christ! These people think cooking a meal depends on being able to tear open a cardboard box or using your hand-eye co-ordination to operate a frigging can opener.

Joe(Does anyone know how to make a white sauce?)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:44 pm
I was a Chef Boy-ar-dee girl myself.

I bought a can of the ravioli's about a year ago (same time the Popeye's closed, coincidence?) ate 2 of the oli's and threw them out.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 11:33 am
Your grocery store doesn't have a cooked meals area? Ours makes a great roasted chicken dinner. They have fried chicken too if you are in the mood. With lots of tasty sides.

They also have all sorts of dinners - much better than the frozen crap.
0 Replies