THE ENIGMAS OF OZTRALIA

Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:01 am
Thanks for the detailed info, DP. Between your brutal solar radiation and the drop bears, i don't think i'll ever be induced to visit the antipodes.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:04 am
Its long term exposure that dioes the damage Set:

Popping over for a visit for a month wont hurt your soft and silky skin.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:13 am
I'm Irish by descent, DP--i've got that milky white skin that makes a fish belly look dark . . . i don't go out in the noon day sun here, if i can help it.

And then there's all them damned drop bears and wombat rapists . . . i shudder to think . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:21 am
Setanta wrote:
I'm Irish by descent, DP--i've got that milky white skin that makes a fish belly look dark . . . i don't go out in the noon day sun here, if i can help it.

And then there's all them damned drop bears and wombat rapists . . . i shudder to think . . .

The wombat is innocent.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 06:02 am
dlowan wrote:
The wombat is innocent.

Bullshit . . . Wombat rapist
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 03:06 pm
He's right, looking at those wombats in the wrong way can get you convicted.

And who says we can't go outside without sunscreen? Only those white fellas have to worry bout that. Thankfully those of us more genetically advanced (ie those of us with dark or black skin) don't have to be quite so careful Cool Laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 04:07 pm
I'm thinking about consolidating my freckles into a tan...

Billy Connolly from a 'chat' about Australia being a dangerous place (I'm writing this from memory - can't find a transcript anywhere - insert your own scottish accent).

He was tanning on the balcony of his Townsville Hotel on the eve of his Australian tour:

"I was on the balcony because, being scottish, I'm pale blue, it takes me a week to get white and I don't want to scare the children. Then I hear this siren 'woooaaaar' and I think 'F*ckin japs have changed their mind'. But it wasn't the japs, it was a shark alarm. And the people were still swimming. If I was out there I'd be screaming out of the water like a polaris missile, throwing children behind me. But the Australians kept swimming. They seem to work on the theory that a shark can only eat one person at a time."

[Much later...]

"In australia the suntan lotions are in numbers, from 1 to 15. The doctor said I should use a number 64 - the woman behind the counter said 'That's a bandage!'"
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 08:08 pm
speaking of billy...

i spewed up alphabet soup once. when I looked at the result the letters spelled carrots.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 08:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
The wombat is innocent.

Dlowan's right - the wombat IS innocent!

From today's Sydney Morning Herald - the ratbag who claimed that was jailed:
Man sentenced after claiming wombat raped him!

He was a Kiwi, of course. Not too bright.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:25 am
vikorr wrote:
He's right, looking at those wombats in the wrong way can get you convicted.

And who says we can't go outside without sunscreen? Only those white fellas have to worry bout that. Thankfully those of us more genetically advanced (ie those of us with dark or black skin) don't have to be quite so careful Cool Laughing Twisted Evil

Not so sure it ain't all mucked up for you fellas, too.......you be careful is all I'm sayin'.....

margo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
The wombat is innocent.

Dlowan's right - the wombat IS innocent!

From today's Sydney Morning Herald - the ratbag who claimed that was jailed:
Man sentenced after claiming wombat raped him!

He was a Kiwi, of course. Not too bright.....

Er......wasn't he just having a little joke?

Wombats, while built like furry Sherman tanks, don't have a willy worth waving,.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Chris Stringer told the court that on the afternoon of February 11 Cradock called the police communications centre, threatening to "smash the filth" if they arrived at his home that night.

When asked if he had an emergency, he replied "yes", Mr Stringer said.

On a second subsequent call to the communications centre, Cradock told police he was being raped by a wombat at his Motueka address, and sought their immediate help.

He called police again soon after, and gave his full name, saying he wanted to withdraw the complaint.

"I'll retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because he's pulled out," Cradock told the operator.

"Apart from speaking Australian now, I'm pretty all right you know, I didn't hurt my bum at all," Cradock then told the operator.
0 Replies

ooragnak

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 03:00 pm
dadpad wrote:
Setanta,
Ozone depletion (as I understand things) is highest over the poles.

I wonder why ? Why not the Germans or the French or the Irish.
Poor bloody Poles ....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 03:03 pm
Now that's the kind of lowbrow humor i can really appreciate ! ! !
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:22 pm
Setanta wrote:

That makes you no different from me and thousands more like us.

Setanta wrote:

This from a man who lives where the really scary animals abound - like Paris, Britney, Lindsay........
Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 12:51 pm
lezzles wrote:
Setanta wrote:

This from a man who lives where the really scary animals abound - like Paris, Britney, Lindsay........
Laughing

No doubt . . . i don't go anywhere near California, either . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 04:03 pm
on this date

Quote:
1900 - Queen Victoria gives royal assent to an Act creating the Commonwealth of Australia thus uniting separate colonies on the continent under one federal government.

or so Wiki tells me
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 04:09 pm
ehBeth wrote:
on this date

Quote:
1900 - Queen Victoria gives royal assent to an Act creating the Commonwealth of Australia thus uniting separate colonies on the continent under one federal government.

or so Wiki tells me

So it goes.

Apparently killed her, cos she died the next year.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 04:24 pm
Yet another one of the children cutting the apron strings.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 07:37 am
*Shrug*

Roll on republic
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 05:55 pm
OK, Oztralians, 'splain this one to me.

I heard on the radio news last night that it had snowed in Sidney, and that it was the first snow since 1836. Then the news reader reported that the Weather Bureau (or whatever you call it there) claimed that it was not the first snow since 1836, because it wasn't snow--it was "soft hail."

Do you people believe things such as that? Can i interest any of you in a very lucrative bridge in New York that i'd be happy to offer you at a discount?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 06:09 pm
whats to explain? snow? Hail? surely even you know what these are.

Ok ok snow is frozen water falling out of the sky, whereas hail is frozen water falling ......

wait....

I'm confused..........

Question

How much for the bridge?
0 Replies