Let's discuss Pitcairn

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:12 pm
Just because.

The whole Mutiny on the Bounty, sexual abuse in recent years, only a handful of people still living there all inter-related is just plan weird.

A while back, I tried to construct a family free of the people living there, but got involved doing something else....maybe I'll try again this evening.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 768 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:20 pm
Pitcairn Island was named for Robert Pitcairn, a midshipman whose father, John Pitcairn, was a popular officer in the Royal Marines. Major Pitcairn commanded the advance who fired on the militia at Lexington, Massachusetts, in April, 1775. He died of wounds at the Battle of Bunker Hill, in June, 1775, allegedly in the arms of another son, William, who was also a member of the Royal Marines. Despite his position, John Pitcairn was respected by and popular among the citizens of Boston for his common sense approach to relations between his Marines and the citizens.
0 Replies