Bindi Irwin

Chai

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 02:17 pm
I don't want to insult anyone in case she is an Oz icon or anything.

She's a good kid, had a tough break with her dad and all, and is really passionate about the Australian Zoo and all her animal causes.

But, is this girl hyperactive or what? From what they show in the US, she's in this constant manic state.

No one's like that all the time, and I'd love to see what she's like when she's not got that ear to ear grin on her face.

And....does she ever wear anything but those khaki crop pants and that very unbecoming to her complexion yellow polo shirt?

plus, the whoever is making her "rap", should be taken out back and shot.

Is that how she always appears?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,059 • Replies: 22
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 02:50 pm
Quite a few Australians would like to trace the stingray and give it a medal. I think we should feel sorry for the kid really, Oz's answer to Dakota Fanning. Blech.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 02:55 pm
imo she is a remarkable kid to write and read this speech so soon after her dad died.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZOUluzcXM
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:09 pm
TTH wrote:
imo she is a remarkable kid to write and read this speech so soon after her dad died.

yes, yes, we've all heard that speech, and as I said above, she's had a tough break.

how about searching on you tube for all the vids where she's acting like a squirrel on amphetamines.

Doesn't that constant hapy high get old after a while?

I'm just saying I wonder what she's like when she's not "on".
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:15 pm
It will all boil out at some point. A powder keg for sure, by no real fault of her own.

RH
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:18 pm
There has been some concern in Oz about how bindi is treated. she's a comodity. I read an indepth artical a few months ago which seemed to indicate she was just an ordinary little girl who's fantasies were a reality.

I'll be a bit more concerned when she hits 12/13.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:29 pm
dadpad
what is being said about her mothers role in her being a commodity?

I notice she seems like the calm eye of the storm, and there's no doubt she loves her daughter, however, do you feel, or do you know, her feelings on all this?

Reading/watching biographies on such people as Judy Garland, Elizabeth Taylor to mention a couple, one realizes the dangers of fame at such a young age (not to mention, eh hem, ms. brittany)

Then, you hear of others, like Ron Howard, who make the transition into adulthood happily and successfully.

Not putting Bindi in the same catagory, but, there does seem to be something off.

I know the death of her father is very private, but, it just doesn't seem the grieving process was allowed to occur naturally.

BTW, seriously, does she alway appear in that costume, and with the hair in pigtails? A bit Pippy Longstockingish.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:39 pm
I don't think I've ever posted on this as I was thrown by what I saw to start with, seeming seconds after her dad's death. Well, she is a tv family kid, which some of us can understand. I lived in a larger community of tv and movie production. But.. thrown - or let be exposed - within minutes or hours of her dad's death - always made me cringe. I don't care how smart she is, she needs time off.

Jodie Foster went to Yale, Brooke Shields went (somewhere). Bobby Driscoll died with drugs (I think).

Me, I'd look at the mother, but, of course, I don't know. Maybe it's all the evil agents. (?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:47 pm
I understand the child has been avid to promote her father's causes. I had a bit of that myself, in my teens. She's still very young, isn't she?

Grumbles.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 08:32 pm
It rather disturbed me that she was so much in the spotlight, so soon after her father's death. Non-stop media exposure, relentlessly cheerful & trying so hard. It was as though the the show had to go on, with not a minute to be lost. And that constant mantra (from her mother & others) that Bindi's doing what she "wants" & "loves best" & has "made her own decision" ... I don't know that children are always in the best position to choose what's best for them at such young age. I actually feel sorry for her. She seems so driven.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 08:40 pm
Her fathers replacement?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 08:44 pm
Sure, to me that is what she has been doing, and bred for, probably from aged, say, three.

(I admit I'm an ocean and more away, but that's my take as a person from a film community, including with a family friend who had an early series on tv not all so different than her father.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:25 pm
There's more than just the TV series - there's the "zoo" (or what ever it's called, in QLD. And probably other things, too. I'm not following too closely. But yes, she does appear to have become her father's replacement in quite an ambitious enterprise. A heavy burden for a little girl, I'd say.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:28 pm
tick,tick,tick...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:42 pm
Chai wrote:
TTH wrote:
.yes, yes, we've all heard that speech, and as I said above, she's had a tough break.
Nothing personal Chai, but no not everyone has heard that speech and calling her dad's death a "tough break", what a heartless thing to say imo. Maybe I would feel differently if my dad hadn't died in August. I don't know. I'll just shut up before I say something I regret because I do like you Chai.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 09:43 pm
I do see it as ticking, but she is bright. I'd like to see her diverted, not so much forever from the quest, but from Being Dad as The Object/Subject, and to go off and learn about the rest of the world.

As this plays out, I see it as fairly creepy. But, that's me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:21 pm
How is saying " it is a tough break" being rude?

It IS a tough break.

A tough heart break
A tough family break
a tough LIFE break..

come on.. really think about that one..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:17 am
msolga wrote:
It rather disturbed me that she was so much in the spotlight, so soon after her father's death. Non-stop media exposure, relentlessly cheerful & trying so hard. It was as though the the show had to go on, with not a minute to be lost. And that constant mantra (from her mother & others) that Bindi's doing what she "wants" & "loves best" & has "made her own decision" ... I don't know that children are always in the best position to choose what's best for them at such young age. I actually feel sorry for her. She seems so driven.

Exactly, that's my response too (the part I bolded).

I wish her well...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:41 am
Psychologist sees 'happy' Bindi
November 22, 2006

TERRI Irwin has taken her two children to a psychologist following concerns that daughter Bindi has been "so happy" despite the death of her father Steve.

n an interview in The Australian Women's Weekly to be published today, Mrs Irwin said she had taken eight-year-old Bindi and her two-year-old brother Bob to a psychologist.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers," Mrs Irwin said.

"I met with a psychologist and that's been a tremendous help for me.

"I asked him if everything was OK, because Bindi has been so happy.

"And he said, 'Why? Are you worried? That's what you are shooting for. That's what you want - a well-adjusted child who can handle a tragedy and see that life goes on'."

artical here Note the Date
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 10:16 am
shewolfnm you're right and Chai I apologize. I let my emotions get the better of me. What you wrote came across as flippant and my own dad immediately came to mind. That hurt and you probably didn't mean it the way I took it, so I am sorry Chai and I hope there are no bad feelings.
0 Replies