How To Request A Song From The Band

Gargamel

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:47 pm
Hey man, since you're on set break, can I try your drums? I used to play.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 03:33 pm
hey garg....do the drum solo from Radar Love.

That gets me all hot.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 03:33 pm
Chai I must confess that people like yourself who think the world revolves around them are a bit annoying to those of us the world actually does revolve around....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 03:41 pm
What the hell is that noise that goes on between my last post and my next one?

really annoying.

For Hard Core Rockers Who Want to Rock Out!!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 05:04 pm
Yea BPB, why don't you have your setlist on a piece of paper for all to see in the crowd, huh? HUH? You know, so people can point at it for you. Like, "hey, I'm pointing at this song. Play it before the one that's scheduled next." That way, people get what they paid for, you know. HUH????

I wonder if Tool does that at their shows. I've never been close enough to the stage to find out.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 06:42 pm
At the Philharmonic they handed out what they called a program. It was a list, like a menu, of the tunes the band knew well enough to play. I circled the ones I wanted to hear and handed it to one of the attendants in the aisle.

Joe(Surprisingly, enough people voted for all the musical pieces that we got to hear all of them.)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:42 pm
Some of you are at a great disadvantage. All ya gotta do is flash 'em some boobs and they'll play you all night.

Even I know that!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 07:43 pm
Ooops!

I meant "They'll play FOR yu all night."

Yea, that's what I meant to say.
Chai

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 07:04 am
Joe Nation wrote:
At the Philharmonic they handed out what they called a program. It was a list, like a menu, of the tunes the band knew well enough to play. I circled the ones I wanted to hear and handed it to one of the attendants in the aisle.

Joe(Surprisingly, enough people voted for all the musical pieces that we got to hear all of them.)Nation

Yeah, but when you stood and and yelled "FREEBIRD!" did they play that?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:43 am
Just write the song on a piece of paper, crumple it up, and throw it at the lead guitar.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:50 am
squinney's idea always worked best for me
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:14 am
(FLASH!)

FREEEEBIIIRD!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:21 am
Oh, and don't even try to tell me you don't have enough guitar players in the band to pull it off. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:25 am
check my avatar... one freebird..... no charge....for a private performance arrangements can be made... :wink: my guitar is right next to me..
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:22 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

Wow, even the ones you couldn't pronounce? Laughing

Too bad there weren't enough like you, Joe. The Philharmonic went broke five years ago. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Fruddog

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:37 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm a drummer in a Central Texas variety band. That was by far the funniest (and most true) thing I've read about audience etiquette! MEGA kudos to you my friend!
0 Replies

Fruddog

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 03:36 pm
@squinney,
We would play for you AND play you all night if you did that!
0 Replies