"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 02:40 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, still up, watched the Aussies beat Serbia 2-1, sadly it wasn't enough to progress to the next round, their goal average beat them.. 6am here, maybe I should get some sleep. Smile
Izzie

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 04:25 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi Darling - sent you email - love you Danny - be well, NOW GO GET SOME SLEEP SONNY JIM - rest up, and see you tomorrow. xxxxxxxxxxxx

(BBBBBlue)))))))) xox x

Babbling - glad all is k with you and the exams - yep, try to enjoy the nastiness - there are a couple of folk whom I'm finding terribly sanctimonious and patronising to others - but each to their own - I have my comfort levels with my crew here and those I trust around the board - try not to let anyone dampen your spirits goil - you are far to bright a shining star to let anyone affect you - live, laugh and love - I know you will. ((Brooklyn))

nowt to report re K-PaPa yet - FQ is abroad I think so hoping to talk with them tomorrow.

Stormy - onto allstarts gal - hope N does real well - course he will - it's a given. Love to you and hope all is well with daughter and hubby. xxxx

TC - gotta go find your thread again - read up but had to dash before posting - loving the old desk and the history there - and who the heck puts up a sauna that quick - please can I borrow Mr Fixit for a lttle while - I have so many little jobs which require a litlle brut strength and I'm too feeble. Ha - reckon he'll be busy a while up there. Is he getting to make any jewellery whilst there or is it homework on the ranch to concentrate on. Looks fab girl - so happy to see all your pics. Love... x

Bethie - hope you're OK - have been searching for the address on email... can't find it, let me know whe you get the chance... I have something to wing over to you.

((JPB)) - to you too, I need to send you know what to you asap - ha - it's only been a year - my bad bad bad bad person - good job you love me a? ((((((((((((((((miss you)))))))))) love to P, K & M. x

RH - time to dry out - farm is looking grand. x

jw -hope Annie is well and all is good in Chi-town. Give Joe4Chitown a slap on the back from Seany when you next see him - you know he's gonna be a lawyer yeah, keep epecting him to appear on Joes and Ticos thread Shocked

k, gotta go, late again, and shouldn't be writing, need to print stuff off for work - apols for typos - took my potion.

Night lovelies

Missy - thinking of you - hope its been a good day. Do let us know Dixie. Love you girlie. x

Bazza - ooooooooooooooooh, I'm excited. Hope to hug you real soon. x

((((((Blue))))) come home soon love, xox x

gone to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz when I'm done printing. x
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 05:15 pm
@Izzie,
Hey Izzie, we head out again tomorrow so there will be more photos! Mr Fix-it is concentrating mostly on the old school property but we will be participating in an arts and crafts sale Canada Day with his jewelry so that will be exciting.

I would ship him over to you if I had the air fare (and could stow away in his duffle bag). He could spend hours at the ironmongers (his idea of a good time) while we nattered over a pot of tea.

(How'd today go at work, mismi? Settling in okay? Hope the family is being supportive!)
Stormwatch

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:54 pm
Izzie you're always so sweet with your well wishes for everyone. N. is in full swing with practices....I love it!

Dutchy what are you doing staying up all night????? You're gonna get exhausted...not healthy!

mismi I've been thinking about you this week...hoping all is going well with your new job and you're settling in nicely....take care
mismi

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:05 pm
@Stormwatch,
Thank you Beth, Izzie, Tai Chi and Stormy and all the rest of this sweet crew. I miss it too. Things are still a little whirl windish. But I have to say it was a great second day as well...getting settled in and feeling pretty good about it. I am still having a hard time getting out in time and getting everything done in the evenings...I am thinking that will take a while...Lordy - I am so tired. I don't even stop until I get home...last night it was after 10:00pm (because of the boys baseball end of all star party) and then tonight the other's all star party it was 8:45pm.

But the people are truly great. I have a new boy friend...he is an I.T. guy and about 62 years old...the sweetest man. Got my computer running and is helping me with my e-mail and all. He is kind of gruff...and likes for you to think he is unhappy - but he is so funny - he just makes me laugh all day!

The Prof. is great and is just a good help. The boys are having a great time at friends houses and at g-daddy's. I think they like it better when I work than when I stayed home!

Hope all is well with you all...

I am running to bed...I will try to come by in the morning.
Hugs to you all...
mis
Dutchy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:32 pm
@mismi,
Hi crew, had a bit of a snooze but now rearing to go, Mrs.B made me. Smile Stormy don't worry the Bosun looks after himself! Football means as much to me as the RedSox mean to you so you can understand why I watch the World Cup, unfortunately because of the time difference it is night time here when the games are played.

Mismi great to see you're settling in your new job so well and are enjoying it. Make sure you get plenty of rest as your life is so busy. (((mismi)))

Izzie I think you need a dyke builder, I don't like that creek coming so close to your house, good idea to buy a couple of life jackets just in case.
McTag

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:43 am
@Dutchy,

Quote:
Izzie I think you need a dyke builder, I don't like that creek coming so close to your house, good idea to buy a couple of life jackets just in case.

We should be so lucky here, a drought and an imminent hosepipe ban here in our region.

Would you believe it, yesterday I was just finishing a longish (for me) post to the YabberLiner and we had a power cut! Unprecedented. A cable joint blew in the next street, just 27 properties affected, but my carefully-crafted post disappeared never to return.

Anyway, I was saying, I just got back from Germany where I left Westphalia at 03:30 hrs on Tuesday and arrived back home that evening at 19:00 hrs, well knackered after driving about 650 miles. Via the Channel Tunnel this time, and the (English) immigration lady on the Calais side did not like the look of me at all.
"Please sit in the vehicle, sir.
(I was told you wanted to look in the boot, so I opened it, and you can't do that from the driver's seat)
Whose car are you driving?
When did you leave?
Who bought your ticket? May I see the receipt?
Have you got the car registration document?
Do you have any other means of identification, apart from your passport?
Where have you been?
I've never heard of that place, where is it near?
Any pets? Plants? Passengers? Restricted substances? Notifiable diseases?"

Okay I made the last two up. Oh, she was a little misery-guts all right.
She looked in the boot (trunk) and in the spare-wheel well under the boot floor.
She didn't open my case, though.
That's where the cocaine was hidden.

She didn't reply when, on taking my leave, I said "Have a nice day." Perhaps she thought I was being sarcastic.
verbivore

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:44 am
@Dutchy,
wow missy - new job Smile kind of took me back to those days wen i read of ur new day with th kids stuff Smile. The old man sounds funny..keep an eye..err BEAgle will do that dont worry Smile
nd missy..am sorry i deleted tht link u sent me out of fear that eby would see it as FB is kind of common for us both Smile can u pls PM me in th yabber-liner ?
im soo sorry!
phew hectic day here as well..am kind of running around..but im liking the new 'busy' way of life..but a lot of things to settle and im idling a lot! lost all focus of diet and exercise! Diet all faults of BAZZA!..exercise my laziness! shud get back..
Captain..i need to TALK to u..im fine..im happy..but its been toooo long since we caught up and i feel a lill left out ..
((((izziiiee))) miss ye!
verbivore

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:46 am
@verbivore,
Quote:
She didn't open my case, though.
That's where the cocaine was hidden.

tht was funny mctag Smile ROFL~
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 04:05 am
@McTag,
Welcome back, McTag. I miss Izzie as well.

I'm certain that you and your hosts went here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQrBxslfX-o&feature=related

Smile
Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:08 am
@verbivore,
Quote:
Diet all faults of BAZZA!

What is it with you girls about chocolate being bad for you? These guys say I'm doing you a favour Cool ....

"Chocolate intake increases urinary excretion of polyphenol-derived phenolic acids in healthy human subjects1,2,3
Laurent Y Rios, Marie-Paule Gonthier, Christian Rémésy, Isabelle Mila, Catherine Lapierre, Sheryl A Lazarus, Gary Williamson and Augustin Scalbert

1 From the Laboratoire des Maladies Métaboliques et Micronutriments, INRA, Saint-Genès-Champanelle, France (LYR, M-PG, CR, and AS); the Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, INRA, INA-PG, Thiverval-Grignon, France (IM and CL); the Analytic and Applied Sciences Group, Mars, Inc, Hackettstown, NJ (SAL); and the Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, United Kingdom (LYR and GW).

Background: Proanthocyanidins, the most abundant polyphenols in chocolate, are not depolymerized in the stomach and reach the small intestine intact, where they are hardly absorbed because of their high molecular weight. In vitro and in vivo studies using pure compounds as substrates suggest that proanthocyanidins and the related catechin monomers may be degraded into more bioavailable low-molecular-weight phenolic acids by the microflora in the colon.

Objective: The aim of the study was to estimate the amounts of phenolic acids formed by the microflora and excreted in the urine of human subjects after consumption of polyphenol-rich chocolate.

Design: After consumption of a polyphenol-free diet for 2 d and a subsequent overnight fast, 11 healthy subjects (7 men and 4 women) consumed 80 g chocolate containing 439 mg proanthocyanidins and 147 mg catechin monomers. All urine was collected during the 24 h before chocolate consumption and at 3, 6, 9, 24, and 48 h after chocolate consumption. Aromatic acids were identified in urine by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry and were quantified by HPLC–electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry.

Results: Chocolate intake increased the urinary excretion of the 6 following phenolic acids: m-hydroxyphenylpropionic acid, ferulic acid, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid, m-hydroxyphenylacetic acid, vanillic acid, and m-hydroxybenzoic acid.

Conclusion: The antioxidant and biological effects of chocolate may be explained not solely by the established absorption of catechin monomers but also by the absorption of microbial phenolic acid metabolites."

In ordinary English take a portion of your favorite when you can and enjoy!
BTW Verbs,still waiting for a list of the ones you did not like Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Tryst

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:06 am
Good day to you all.
May I say what a pleasure it is to come visit with such nice folks. As you may recall that on:

Thu 13 May, 2010 11:45 am - Tryagain wrote;

"Just let me say to the Australian Government led by Kevin Rudd....You suck!!!"

Today Prime Minister Rudd resigned.

Mr Tryagain has issued a statement stating 'The full facts have still to reach the public'.

He would have liked to have been here himself to have made matters clear, but as it has been written elsewhere; his account has been blocked.

He speaks fondly of you folks and he wishes you to know he is thinking of you all and wishing you good health and fortune for the future.
mismi

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:08 am
@verbivore,
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=5800+nokia&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3997056085&ref=pd_sl_64ntvpwsix_b

There it is girl...that is still the lowest price I have found...though I probably am no better than you at searching for stuff. Working outside the home is different for me. I always have this feeling that I am not where I am supposed to be...and the "what if" factor with the kids is always in the back of my head. Of course I think they cannot survive without me! But they seem to be doing just fine...it is probably more like I can't survive without them!

Thank you Dutchy ((D)). It is going to be just fine. I think. I hope. So far so good anyway...you keep taking good care of yourself.

Hey there JPB! ((JPB)) Amazing how quickly life changes sometimes isn't it? One week ago I had no idea I would be doing this. whew.

McT hope you all get some rain soon...I know it is hard. We had a drought a few years ago and it became quite a worry. I hate it when my long thoughtful posts get wiped out. I rarely have the gumption to repeat them!

Have a good day..
Hugs to all the crew!
mis
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:10 am
@Tryst,
What in the world did he do Tryst? Thank you for your enlightening post. Wink
verbivore

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:59 am
@mismi,
Thanks missy Smile i feel the same here ...sitting on thorns at times wondering wats up back at home!
BARRY - entire feb, march, and april I starved! nd lost 10kg..then comes ebys friend with pound plus from trader joe! 1kg of chocolates in 1 week!
and again I pledge myself no..I'll go back to my diet/exercise regime..do more suryanamaskars for the chocolates i gobbled till then..and here comes in June..another load of chocolates! That entire pizza was more or less eaten up by me!! now..again Ive started ..green teas..wheat diet..and suryanamaskars! and again it will all go for a toss! LOL!!! that scientific explanation made me laugh off my seat in office..gr8 that u included a layman's line in teh end Wink watever i excrete..id still gain the pounds wont i? Razz
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 08:12 am
@Tai Chi,
Hey ((Crew))

ah, TC - safe travels hun and hope you get heaps achieved up at the school house - gosh, it does look fantastic up there - looking forward to more pics when you get back down into civilisation Wink Know I would love the solitude up there - looks so peaceful. Have fun girl and take good care of MrFixIt and you. xx

hey Stormy - glad all's going well with N - you all amaze me at your commitment to the kids sports - I can remember what it was like with R-boy when he was with us as he was sport mad... S-boy is quite the opposite tho, he's too like me - all over the place and flibberty Wink - he also likes his quiet time when we've had a busy week and tho active, is more creative and artsy. He would be horrified if he could see the house right now - I must clean up before he comes back tonight - he likes things nice and orderly - bless! Ooooh - if you get a minute, let us know how you got on with school - was it a good term? Enjoy your days Stormy and have fun. xxxx

Misssssssy - so happy for you that things are going well - things 'twixt home and work life will settle down into a routine as the weeks go on - right now you'll prolly be trying to fit everything in that you think you oughta be doing - gradually tho some of the things that are less of a priority at home will slacken off - do make sure you try and take some time just to put your feet up after you've been working - see if the little fellaz will make you a cuppa and you can sit and watch them for a while as you rest.

mismi wrote:

...it is probably more like I can't survive without them!

ah, Charlie and I were talking about this the other day - and what you say is so true - it is actually more "our" need to 'be' and 'do' and want to there for the kids... when in actual fact, they do pretty fine ... it is our need as opposed to theirs.. but you will do it.. and are doing it - and you are the best Mom to them.

I knew you would settle into work - you have such a sunny disposition (even when things are nagging on you and change is ugh for you) - you need to keep believing in you and how good you are with everything you need to do. ahhhhhhh... for half your energy gal - you're brill. xxxxx

BEAgle - GOOD - glad the missus is making you take a rest Razz Isn't the sport great at the moment - just loving it too. Murray is on at the moment - GO ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting for the epic match to restart - 59 all and counting. Reckon I may fall asleep on the sofa in a little bit - sun's out and I'm too tired to think. PaPa is doing a good job building up the river bank and infilling the enormous hole - the river is really really low - definitely a babbling brook at the moment and not sure when we are going to get rain again! Rest Bosun - enjoy the tennis today. xx <waves to the Queen in her lovely blue hat>

POMcT - yay - you're back Very Happy - hope the trip was better than the return home (officious little gal at the border a? so not necessary - tsk tsk)! You'd snicker a little if you saw me schlepping water back and forth from the river McT - PaPa placed a big huge stepping stone at the bottom of the steps so I don't keep falling in - which is a bit of a bonus - it's hard to believe the river can get so big when you see it like this. Garden is looking good too - ha - the leylandii have grown - you'd be out there with a hedge cutter for sure if you could see it Razz Glad you are home safe and hope all is well with the Cabin Boy. Hey - are you likely to go down to London when Dad&MuMPad are over - 21st Aug????? Would be good to meet you after such a long time!!!!!! hugs and love to you both xx

MaMaVerby - oooooh - we're always on at different times these days - do email me Little One and let me know what's going on - or ping my msn and if I'm here we can chat on there. All is k with me but would love to catch up with you and have a proper yabber. Email/PM me and let me know a time - I'm around this weekend. ((((((((MaMaVerby))))))))))

Hey Letty - Ima here girl - not quite as vocal as I used to be (ha - small blessings for some methinks) and things are very busy at school with the long summer days - I'm on own over the weekend so no doubt will be playing some loud music methinks. Will pop by and say hey on the radio. Hope you are getting some better sleep these nights and that you're keeping well LettyBetty - big hugs to you. xxxx

Barry The Mod wrote:

In ordinary English take a portion of your favorite when you can and enjoy!

In vitro chocolate - OH MY Mr. Green It's nearly 3pm and the watershed is not active - so I.MUST.BE.QUIET..... but I am chuckling badly at the moment. That made me laugh. Quite right, take a portion when you can and of course, ENJOY! Wink ((((((((((((((Bazza)))))))))))))) My bad.... Embarrassed Mr. Green

Tryst wrote:

He speaks fondly of you folks and he wishes you to know he is thinking of you all and wishing you good health and fortune for the future.

Handsome ((((PINK))) Twisted Evil thank you - it's more than excellent to see you - please give BLUE this from me - xox x - and please tell him we're thinking of him too - hoping the hamsters sort out the blockade so he can get back onboard soon. Missing his cheeky BLUE face around here - miss him always. Safe, well, love x (((((((BLUE)))))))

okay - I need to go lie down for a while and catch some zzzzzzzzzzz's if I can - got one of those "overtired" sore throats (need me a Fisherman's Friend) Shocked - little fella home tonight late and much to do before I pick him up - rest a while first. SPORTS DAY at school tomorrow - someone's gonna be cooking a whole load of spaghetti tonight..... yep, we do things a little differently at our Sport's Days. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - and a sailing festival - woooohoooooo - in the first week of July - taking a big picnic and all my kids - GONNA BE FAB!!!!!!!

laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz crew - lovin' y'all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wandeljw

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:28 am
@Tryst,
We have become accustomed to Tryagain's exagerrated claims.

You need not worry that any of us here take Tryagain seriously.

Thanks, Tryst, for letting us know in advance about Tryagain's latest delusion.
Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:05 am
@wandeljw,
<couldn't sleep... bah and feh>

Hey jw... how ya doing? here's Annies poppies in the garden... they've gone over now... but will be back next year Very Happy

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC07495.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC07499.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC07501.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC07492.jpg

hope all is good in Chi-town jw - hugs x

Here's what PaPa has been doing... the riverbank and the big hole... MaMa redid my steps ... which had become non-steps and just fall down!

John Isner (USA) just won the epic match
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Isner
- 11 hours and 5 minutes - 5th set - 70 games to 68. Mahut was outstanding but Isner's serve was just tooooo good. Quite incredible. They finally got the scoreboard working. Isner now has to go straight into a doubles match Shocked

back later x

Rockhead

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:18 am
@Izzie,
annies poppies are beautiful...

my giant hibiscus opened today. deep red.

ian anderson

sanctuary (for your riverbank pics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_ityHZHSE&feature=related
wandeljw

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 11:09 am
@Izzie,
Thanks for the beautiful photos, Izzie! I will show them to Annie.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 04:58:17