"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:06 pm
The deck is awash with babies! How lovely. (Congrats Great-Grandpa -- that's pretty cool!)

I'm pretty much back to normal, Izzie -- as normal as I ever am Very Happy The Christmas jewelry sale started today at Mr Fix-it's college, but I suppose if London town is out of the question a quick trip to the wilds of Canada is out of the question, huh?

mismi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:28 pm
@verbivore,
That is a beautiful baby! Look at all that hair Verby! He is so precious. I want to hold him so much! Oh enjoy every minute of it dear girl. They grow up WAY too fast. I enjoyed my babies so much!

Thank you Verby - The Prof. lost his job. So things are a wee bit tough right now. Yesterday was just Monday tough. There was not one thing that happened yesterday that didn't have some kind of hitch in it.

Today was better. Very Happy

He is beautiful girl.

I am tired folks.
hope all is well with y'all.
hugs,
mis
Izzie

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:36 pm
@Tai Chi,
Quote:
a quick trip to the wilds of Canada

oh, if only TC......... how I would love to get away, you have no idea...

I'm sure the jewellery will sell quickly - truly, MrFixit is very gifted - it's so beautiful. Would so enjoy seeing what they have all made - if you can take any more pics that would be wonderful.

Still cough cough fine cough fine sneeze here... annoying as heck. Glad you are feeling better, within the norms.

'Tis lovely with all the babies. And as for our Grampa's here, Bazza is such a youngun but he is a Greatun. Must remember to send him some slippers .... hahhahaha.

maybe these Freudian Slippers
http://www.crainium.net/jdjArchives/FreudianSlippers.jpg

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

(age, 'tis all relative... I'm sixteen.I think I always will be ;-) ?

Fabulous news about babies all around. Lotta hope there.

Izzie

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:38 pm
@mismi,
ah Mis - go rest up girlie - thinking of you - love you Mis. x
Dutchy

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:44 pm
@Izzie,
Morning all, a quick hello, as I'm up and running, busy day ahead. Will try to drop in later. Lovely photo of baby verbi, how proud Mum must be. Love your slippers Izzie, can you do the Tango in them?

Wilds of Canada I'll be in that Tai Chi, love adventure. Wonder how it compares to our outback?

Hi mismi, hang in there dear friend, times will change for the better. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, sending you heaps of vibes, worked for verbivore!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:51 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
Would so enjoy seeing what they have all made - if you can take any more pics that would be wonderful.

Sadly (very sadly, boo hoo, woe is me) our computer is on its last legs. (Do computers have legs?) It will no longer download photos from our camera. If I develop photos I can scan them in. (Can't try re-loading the camera software either because the disc drives don't work -- definitely last legs!) That's one reason there have been so few photos lately. (That and the fact that I had to endlessly nag the Mr for jewelry photos. I was worried he would sell something without ever having a record of it!) There are still a few things out being marked or being finished up before Christmas. Who knows when he'll take photos of those?
Izzie

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 04:25 pm
@Tai Chi,
oh TC - hope the cpu keeps it's legs going. Would be good to keep a record of what he's crafted tho... nag away gal Razz

BEAgle - ah, glad you are a busy boy - take it easy for a bit later a? - you've got the g-kids arriving soon - gotta have a lot of energy then! So good to know you are running around darlin'. x

Struggled yesterday, took pocket camera with me early this morning before work....

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020267.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020269.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020270.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020271.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020272.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020273.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020274.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1020276.jpg

Peace.

Lovin' yall. x

((((Blue)))) miss yooo hooooo...
JPB

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 04:27 pm
@Izzie,
purty!
Izzie

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 04:39 pm
@JPB,
OH MY LAWD.....

maybe the rain is going to stop

how utterly deppressing this weather has been.... rain rain raian rianianrinainrianianfriweni\wn'isefdnipaegtjq5y [o43
2RIGHJkgp]lgf]ert a[W\K]P
M RAIN rain rain

it had been horrible for weeks, the odd day of beautiful blue - but 24 hours later it's torrential rain...

BUT

The weather man said it may change, now, why should I listed to a weather man when I married a meterologist = this is the burning question - HOWEVER, I WILL AND I BELIEVE TOMORROW WE WILL HAVE SUNSHINE.

please please please please.... not big sunshine, just.please.turn.off.the rain. and grey and gloom...

give me mist

frost

blue

clouds

just. stop. raining.

please.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 04:44 pm
@Izzie,
bug break...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqqJbwDZDo&feature=related

havin a cuppa. join me?
Izzie

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 05:03 pm
@Rockhead,
Love to... just made a couppa, took my potion a while back... I should be in bed by now...

but... can't pass up a cup of tea a? Wanna go look at the moon too - might be a little chilly there, so hoping we will get snow sometime this Chrimbo.

k... off to feed dawgs, cats, lock up, settle down....

maybe back in 5 Razz

<must.go.to.bed.>

Tulip - didnt hear back from you, know sis is there but won't intrude, left ma message on 1571. Hugs gal.... not long to go 'til your turn eskimo. Love it that you are going. So so happy for you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rockhead

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 05:13 pm
@Izzie,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPleVXxgHqQ&feature=youtube_gdata

((Iz))
Izzie

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 05:23 pm
@Rockhead,
loved the penguin parting piece.... ha... c'est moi, jumps up and drips....

thanku

calling it a day...

xxxx

looking forward to more VerBeby pics........ Very Happy

x
Rockhead

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 05:29 pm
@Izzie,
i am the walrus...

go bed.
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 05:35 pm
Thanks everyone for the kind words about Jazzie...she is a pretty clever dog!

verbivore, I did see the movie Marley and Me. It was very funny, and he was one very energetic dog! Your baby is so beautiful. I'm so glad he is doing better...enjoy every minute of him. They grow so fast.

Tsar....yes there were only a couple of bones left in the box. That's why we let her go at it. She's deaf now so she had no clue we were even there talking, taking pics and laughing at her. She just happily munched away.....

mismi, what kind of dogs do you have? I seem to remember they are pretty big ones right? labs? Just wondering because we had a lab before Jazzie. She was so loving and good with the kids.

Izzie....wow more beautiful pictures. You are a master at having a camera ready at the right time. I see things on my travels and wish I had a camera, but never do Sad. I really need to learn to post pictures of a reasonable size...mine always come out small.

More snow on the way.....time for me to hibernate ...grrrrr
mismi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:08 pm
@Stormwatch,
Hey Stormy - it is stormy here speaking of which. Pretty nasty weather...something we get normally in the spring...tornado stuff and high winds...makes me all nervous. I went outside and actually got spooked. Jazzie is adorable. Beautiful dog. I love dalmations.

We have a black lab (Biscuit) my only little girl, who just turned two, and a Australian Shepherd - Pistol....he turned three in October. Both very busy and tons of energy - which is great since we have three little boys that are much the same.

We knew we could not get a little dog...it would probably be dead by now...my three boys are ALL boy. Very rough...no matter how hard I try to teach "gentleness". They just don't get it. Maybe one day it will kick in. They learned with my sweet old kitty Levi. But he just passed away...which still makes me cry when I think about him.

This may not be very lady like to talk about but I got out of the shower the other day, and thought my pile of clothes was him. He always waited for me when I got out of the shower. When I realized it was just my clothes...I cried. I miss my kitty. He was 14 - almost 15 and he was my first child. He was very unhappy when I had the twins. Stayed mad at me for about 5 years. Stubborn little thing he was. Then he forgave me...Started sleeping with the boys..he actually took turns...me, them, me, them...sweet kitty.

Izzie - those took my breath away. Gorgeous colors...so clear. How do you do that? I can't capture that kind of thing on film to save my life.

Lights are flickering...thinking I will shut things down until this nasty weather passes.

Hugs all..forgive my late night rantings!
Verby - hope you are doing well and getting plenty of sleep - if not - just remember - it only lasts a little while. You WILL get to sleep and feel better soon. I felt guilty so many times for resenting my two tiny babies and the sleep they stole from me. But now - upon reflection - those were sweet moments. Loved being able to hold and love on them. Enjoy every minute - I know i have said it - probably too many times - but it goes by SO fast.

Hugs again,
mis
Dutchy

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:16 pm
@mismi,
Oh mismi, your late evening rantings bring tears to my eyes, but I forgive you, I'm going to have another one of what you had whilst clothing the Christmas tree. Laughing Wink

Good night and rest well. Hugs.
mismi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:19 pm
@Dutchy,
You are laughing at me? Shame on you...You think I am drinking?

Why I...well - maybe two glasses...three.

dadgummit Dutchy.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 02:56 am
Hey crew,the ship looks in fine fettle.After yesterdays exiting news,I awoke to find a SMS text message on the cell phone from 2 of 4.Seems that her leg is "not good to travel" and has canceled our weekend..............meaning----
still waiting to know if 1 of 4 intends to come by herself.
McT-depending on your eta in my area,feel free to ring my doorbell.
Captain-looking good if you wanna pay a visit.You might even bump into the Petty Officer.
Laters crew.

McTag

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 04:34 am
@Barry The Mod,

Hey

Watch out for this, for my money the most amazing thing that has ever been on TV

How The Beatles Rocked the Kremlin
Documentary which tells the extraordinary unknown story of how the Beatles helped to destroy the USSR.

In August 1962, director Leslie Woodhead made a two-minute film in Liverpool's Cavern Club with a raw and unrecorded group of rockers called the Beatles. He arranged their first live TV appearances on a local show in Manchester and watched as the Fab Four phenomenon swept the world.

Twenty-five years later while making films in Russia, Woodhead became aware of how, even though they were never able to play in the Soviet Union, the Beatles' legend had soaked into the lives of a generation of kids. This film meets the Soviet Beatles generation and hears their stories about how the Fab Four changed their lives, including Putin's deputy premier Sergei Ivanov, who explains how the Beatles helped him learn English and showed him another life.

The Soviet authorities were alarmed by the seditious potential of rock and roll, with the Beatles a special target and denounced as 'bugs' in official papers. Their smuggled records were destroyed and their music was banned, but the myth blossomed as bootlegs and photos were covertly traded and even rented amongst fans.

Soon there were thousands of rock bands across the USSR, trying to make music with crude home-made guitars. Speakers on lampposts installed to broadcast propaganda were grabbed by rock hopefuls, while reports that an electric pickup could be cannibalised from a telephone led to phone boxes being raided and disabled.

Millions of young people fell in love with the Beatles and the culture of the Cold War enemy, and defected emotionally from the Soviet system. The Beatles prepared the cultural way for the fall of the Berlin Wall and ultimately helped to wash away the foundations of that system.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 02:44:20