"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 03:02 pm
First you gotta check out the undulating terrain!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 03:06 pm
K - well need to take some aerial photos ... after all

"Terrain, or relief, is the third or vertical dimension of land surface. When relief is described underwater, the term bathymetry is used. "

Do you know someone who is good at bathymetry stuff Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:16 pm
The Bear has done a fair bit of that stuff in his diving days. I'll just pass a little bit of information here to set you thinking. Laughing
Bathymetry is the underwater equivalent to topography. The name comes from Greek βαθυς, deep, and μετρον, measure. In other words, bathymetry is the study of underwater depth, of the third dimension of lake or ocean floors. A bathymetric map or chart usually shows floor relief or terrain as contour lines (called depth contours or isobaths), and may additionally provide surface navigational information.
Got the idea Izzie?
Well what's going to happen today on the good old ship the "Yabber-Liner".?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:29 pm
Oh hey Bear, I knew that :wink: (TTHun told me - she is our water baby after all!) Very Happy (TTHun - lovin Ricky Martin Razz )

I'm just a little less technical...........................

BATH - Y ME - TRY NOT TO OVERFILL IN FUTURE!

But - hey - I like technical too :wink: Arrow

(oh - "floor relief" - my floor was certainly relieved to be clean)! :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:31 pm
Such a positive Izzie! Perked up a bit...can see the bottom of the laundry basket...now I just have to iron...blah! :wink:
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:34 pm
Izzie are you asking try to overfill your bath? Laughing
And how nice to our lovely laundry maid, must say you look better lying on the beach. :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:49 pm
Smile

Hey mismi girl

Think this crew look pretty good at ironing. There's even a TRYamaran - maybe the three brothers could give ya a hand with the ironing a?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18qQmiUzDRI

Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 04:59 pm
ummmmmm - why are they doing that Izzie? I only iron because I am so cheap - I hate paying someone to do something I can do...why would you do this - and can it really be considered an extreme sport...that is the question
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:05 pm
Laughing You haven't seen me ironing - could be fair to say that it would be extreme and possibly dangerous (to any clothes I may be ironing)

COOKING - don't enjoy! but do it out of the survival of Izzie clan! Rolling Eyes

IRONING - NADA - out the dryer, on the coathanger - SORTED! Emergency ironing when necessary :wink:

(I'm bad aren't I? Hey, justme here right now - I can be bad for a few weeks!)

(can do lotsa things really - choose not to do some - am great at making mud pies, waffling on about nonsense and I can pop-a-corny joke occasionally) :wink: (oh - I love to crew on a ship too!)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:15 pm
Who says that's bad? I wouldn't if I didn't have everybody here looking at me for everything! And- yep about to get into the whine mode - there isn't a thing I do here that doesn't get undone and have to be redone the next day. I love to cook...but I hate to clean up afterwards...unfortunately it is a necessary part of the cooking...and I ABHORE laundry. But the professor has to wear suits. So I starch and iron. Sometimes I take them to the cleaners...but I could find other things to do with that money. Like buying Pizza Razz I do love vacuuming though...that is wierd I know - but I am an obsessive compulsive vacuumer. And with two doggies...well...that is a good thing. Cutie petooty little things...they love their mommy they do! :wink: Thankfully - the boys want their Daddy on Saturdays...so I get to focus a little more on stuff. Sometimes anyway... :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:23 pm
That's not whining hunni. That's a tired mom saying it how it is. Believe me - I remember the days of little kids running around and all that goes with it. It's not easy - but the reward of seeing them grow up and life getting easier, in that respect, balances out the hard work in the end.

You do a great job mismi - believe in you and give yourself a hefty dollop of "I do this good" - motherhood is the toughest job - the least paid and often thankless - but also the most satisfying and highy rewarded job you'll ever had.

(doesn't mean you can't have a good whinge and moan about it too!) :wink:
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:34 pm
Yeah, vent away; it's good for you!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:40 pm
Mismi - listen to this girlie and smile.....just a little :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2nvd6d8yEk
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:43 pm
Made me smile!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:48 pm
That is hilarious - and so true...I am pretty sure I have said everything she sang!

Thanks Izzie! :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
S'ok hun Smile

I've heard you saying all those things..... that's what we do a? :wink:
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:56 pm
Anyone seen Dee Dee?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:56 pm
Truly is...I hate to do it...but I gotta go. I am doubting I will be back here before I leave...piddled around more than I meant to - but that is okay - always enjoy it...About to go pack up the car. Finish ironing honey's clothes...then we are watching another movie...I hope this one is not as disturbing as Gone Baby Gone. Ugh...We watched No Country For Old Men the other night...and that one was icky too. I am hoping this next one ends a little happier.

Hugs and Smooches sweety - see you all next week
mis
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:59 pm
Have a good time mismi - will miss ya hun Sad Rest up - and ENJOY Smile

Haven't heard from our Indeedee? Anyone else heard Question

(CREW Indeedee vibes...... ) Idea
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:01 pm
Sending vibes...haven't heard - maybe Dutchy has....hope so. Maybe she will be here before Sunday is through. Okey doke really gone now...

RH :wink: thanks Very Happy

see you all next week!
mis
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.16 seconds on 10/26/2024 at 02:27:14