@Izzie,

Shocked

incredible kidlet!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:15 pm
took a trip to the big city, the big smoke

well, what serves as the big smoke in our neck of the woods

wandered around in the sunshine, visited my fave record shop, traded some cd's, got some more

and took this pic of my favourite gargoyle

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/djjd1962/100_0702.jpg

the silver spikes keep pigeons off the ledges and the poor fellows head
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:38 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
I made banana (nut) bread for the team parents this morning...one girl loaf and one boy loaf...you figure that out.

nuts and errr not nuts Laughing

up early to finally have the snow tires taken off my car - replaced with Aquatreds ... just in time ... as brendalee and I were finishing off our day of shopping (more like walking around and talking, with shopping as the excuse) a HUGE storm blew in. It was scary. Came home to find out that Set and the dogs were out for a walk in the storm. One dog hates rain, the other is afraid of thunder. Set got everyone home safely - wet, curly but reasonably calm.
Izzie

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 05:58 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

nuts and errr not nuts Laughing

Razz

ehBeth wrote:
Set got everyone home safely - wet, curly but reasonably calm.

Hope HIM has uncurled!!!! Wink and the pack are still calm. Scooby is terribly scared of thunder - he hides under the desk or in the loo.. and Maddie barks her head off - not often she barks - but when she does, you know about it.

Horrendous, truly horrendous weather here right now. The flash floods in Cornwall had a fatality and 2 folk (incl teenager) are still missing after 24 hours. The stream was tiny - no more than a foot wide.... but was in a gully - and the flood took out the bridge. Quite unbelievable. Scary.

DjjD - oh that gargoyle actually looks a happy little chap! Do gargoyles do happy? mmmmmmm..... bit of dicey landing if a pigeon tried to sit.... as they say "..it happens" a? So which is big smoke for you then - Canadian side or US side?
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 06:12 pm
@Izzie,
If it's not too late Captain,could I have an Earl Grey,no milk,one sugar.Strange weather for our little country! There's you having rain,storms and such,whereas London has enjoyed 5 beautiful sunny Spring days.The London marathon runners are worried that it may be a bit too hot for them.
Izzie

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 06:14 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Will make you a cup, no probs. You wide awake boy???? No girls? Sad

dog and bone here if you wanna chat mate. x
Izzie

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 04:16 am
@Izzie,
Morning All

Victory for US in the wheelie Marathon - 1hr50mins - folks are amazing. Looks glorious up in London tho - Baz - are you waving to the runners!?

I need to do chores today Rolling Eyes and I'm trying to get functioning at the moment! Rain has finally stopped but it's quite grey outside - too cold for me to do anything in the garden.

Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday Very Happy
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 06:18 am
Morning all,up bright and early to watch the marathon and take a few pics (check your in-box Captain).It's a beautiful day in old London town,hope everyone has a super day.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 06:21 am
gray and foggy in the colonies

good spring cleaning day

spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 07:11 am
@djjd62,
<pops in. Grins. Hugs Izzie. Drops off a plate of Anzacs and a thermos of cocoa for the crew. Waves. Goes to bed.>
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 07:12 am
@djjd62,
Good evening crew almost sleepy time downunder. Cold evening here but a cosy fire makes it feel very comfortable, what a difference though from a little while ago when it was 45 degrees, tonight just 7 in the hills from where I just come from. Izzie I value my reputation highly, don't ruin it...... Razz
Good night.
Izzie

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 08:27 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Izzie I value my reputation highly, don't ruin it...... Razz
Good night.

Ha - will let PaddyBoy have that glory darlin'............ now, I wonder ... Razz Razz Razz Sleep well love and will see you in the morning. x

Spike - oh, there's the PromGirl - hugs big and hopes you sleep well too Down Under. x

Bazza - what can I say - check your inbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAB!!!!!!!! Wasn't the mens race exciting at the end - I was kinda hoping the 2nd fella would be able to catch the Number1 - but he deserved the win - and a course record too after a fast pace start. These people amaze me with their stamina.

Hey djjd - fortunately it brightened up here and the sun shone for a little - it got warmer so I've been "doing" in the garden - lawns had a haircut and the weeds have been weedled and have been cutting back. Hope the spring clean goes well.

Exhausted now and haven't started on the house - think it's gonna have to wait a little bit - Tulip has S-boy so need to go and pick him up in a bit. Tulip - I left a message on the phone - think you must've gone out... call me if you see this.

Not very well today - not the joints - actually feel "ick ick" - ugh. Booking a GP appointment this week - need to go and have a talk with him - think it may be a long one. Also got a meeting with Social Services about, and with, the BigBoy - he's doing really well right now - just, I don't see him - he's with my friend's son or my mom - kinda hurts. But he's happy and just doing great, so that's OK. We need to get to the bottom of what went wrong at Easter with his placement - some major screw ups - thankfully, R was safe and came here for a couple hours, albeit he was upset - with them, not me, and he and I need some answers to ensure it doesn't happen again. He's doing grand tho - as far as I know - all appears calm.

Sun's popped out again - gonna go and sit for a while by the river. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 08:31 am
@Izzie,
Oh...... off to pick up S-boy - catch y'all later. Enjoy your days.x
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:53 am
".....I could of danced all night,...I could of....' Wow that Holly belted out that tune. Thank you Izzie for sharing.
Sunday. Two birthday partys. Two cakes. Good odds for a chocolate score.
Stormwatch. What is going on with your Saux. Past two nights. Incredible. Your Bruins, Celtics. Spoiled there.
Sunshine beckons me.
Good day.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:41 am
@alex240101,
Up earlyish again. Didn't manage to catch the brief break in the rain. Mebbe later today.

Took Set and the dogs for a quick shopping run (need Set to double up on those " 4 per" specials). Took the dogs for a quick, damp and blustery spin down the boardwalk at the beach while Set waited. Laundry's nearly done. Sad that I couldn't hang things out to dry.

Spent a few minutes watching a variety of neighbourhood fellows trying to get a bedsheet down from the top of a neighbour's house, where it had lodged during yesterday's storm.
mismi

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Hi Guys...

Rainy up there huh Beth? Well...we have been fortunate - no rain for the weekend...but it's HOT! 89 degrees down here. Not complaining though. I think I need to start making the twins wear deoderant though...shoowee.

We played ball yesterday morning then again yesterday at 4:30pm. It was a great game. We won. Our stats are 4 and 6 now. We have won 3 in a row and are hoping to finish out the season winning the rest.. We shall see. S got popped in the shoulder then it bounced up and hit him in the chin..managed to get in between his chin strap and the mask. He hit the deck like a sack of cement. Popped back up again and ran to first crying the entire way. Managed to steal second, then third on the next pitch and slid home the next. Very exciting. J popped a fly ball over the second baseman's head into right center ----dropped right in the hole and made it to second. Bunted a beautiful ball but got thrown out. Made an RBI on it though. This is our life....I am all up in baseball's business. Wink

I am going to take my Sundy nap.

Iz - take care of yourself dear.

Hugs to all the crew.
mis
Rockhead

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:34 pm
@mismi,
hail and t'rnaders here today... Sad
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:40 pm
@mismi,
Hey Crew

oh Mis... love you talking baseball Dixie - can see you getting all excited there and tapping it out on the keyboard! Good on the twins - clever little fella's. Enjoy your nap girlie. 89 degrees already down there - holey schmoley gal - that's some heat!!! Is it humid too?

Alex - oooooooooooooooooh choc score <pass us a fork and we'll dig in too> have great birthday celebrations - not one, but two a? Happy days love!

Beth - hope your rain goes - we're due for a heap load more over the next couple days. The joy is - EVERYTHING is so GREEN. Well, that's coco isn't it? Green green everywhere, with splashes of colour like an artist's palette. Excellent.

Have pics to post....... just can't seem to get around to posting them - oof.

Little fella's just gone to bed - oh bless, he's still pickled in lesions - itchy nasty spotty patches all over.... his pits and bits and the worst. Nasty nasty.

Off to put kettle on Very Happy

edit: Hey Hey RH - you be careful a?????????????????????? Hugs and love love x
Dutchy

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:36 pm
@Izzie,
Reporting back on deck Captain, I'll have a cuppa while you're at it. 7am, wild and still very wet outside, everybody is happybelieve it or not. Taking Mrs. B shopping shortly, get things fresh early Monday morning for the rest of the week is her motto. Sorry to hear you're not feeling to will. (((Izzie))).

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 03:39 pm

Went fishing today, and at the end, managed to get a hook stuck into my finger, right in past the barb. Boy, did that hurt getting it out.

Then I left bloody fingerprints on everything for a while.

Sorry.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:53:43