Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 10:19 am
@alex240101,
Oh my darlin's,
oh my darlin's
oh my darlin' yabberline
hoping all are well and happy
and your days have been just fine....

hahahahahah sings!

Bethie - s'alright - I dunno what I was asking either - just can't recall seeing the whole moon being so clear before when it was a crescent. It was verra lovely to see. Have missed ya gal. x

db - how happy to see you and to hear you are doing so well. Well done you girl! Oh....... the eyelashes..... that's just as, if not more, upsetting as losing the hair on yer head.... your eyelashes function to protect your eyes - they take I believe 4-6 weeks to grow back and in the meantime your eyes may get irritable - blink often, very often, and maybe get some sterile eyedrops and use them every couple hours to keep your eyes wet and free from dust and air-borne debris. I use eyedrops coz I forget to blink when I am on the computer and my eyes really dry up. The eyedrops make a world of difference.

http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/blink.asp

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1185636/chemotherapy_and_hair_loss_effects.html?cat=70

There is a prescription eyedrop that encourages eyelash regrowth, (tho I don't think I would use more chemicals in my eyes) - maybe ask your consultant about that - again, tho, it is putting more chemicals into your body and there can be side effects. They should grow back when the chemo is out of your system - tho it will prolly feel like an eternity. So sorry hun.

If it's upsetting you, I'd get a really snazzy pair of sunglasses to go out in - the ones where you can see thru them but people can't see your eyes - or the ones that fit close to your face (like ski sunglasses). This would also help with stopping your eyes drying out with the wind etc if you are out walking. Only my opinion tho - don't know diddly about medically - but, maybe sunglasses is worth a try.

FQsis has some prescription darkened sunnies which she can wear all the time - they look super - but you could get some non-prescription ones and then you wouldn't feel so self conscious. I know that must be so difficult - I have the blondest eyelashes and eyebrows in the world (yuk yuk hate it yuk) - so much so that you truly can't see them without mascara - and I can't stand people seeing my eyes without mascara - I'm really really really self conscious about it (as FQsis knows) - so I can completely understand. OK - I'm waffling.... just really wanted to say that don't worry - they will grow back, meanwhile, sterile eyedrops to keep moist and sunnies to protect - and hopefully, they will feel less irritable and sore. x

Alex love - hoping it wasn't a can of worms and life is being kind to you darlin'. x

BEAgle - you sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat - so pleased you're having a grand time - enjoy every single minute of it and the time with your family - much much love to you and them. x

I have been creative today. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:03 pm
@Izzie,
HOW CAN IT BE 9pm?...... NO NO NO............ NOT ENOUGH HOURS! Shocked

<runs off to find something to eat>
djjd62

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:10 pm
@Izzie,
it's only 10 after 4, your clocks must be wrong Very Happy
mismi

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 04:24 pm
@djjd62,
Hi---just sticking my head in - have baseball - must cook dinner and run. So crazy...Iz how you doin' hun?

dj - thanks for posting that link to the other wonders...amazing stuff

Bathie! So glad to see you - I am amazed you walked 4 miles. So impressive! Do eyedrops help with the dry red eyes? That' s the only thing I can think of.

Brooke - prayers are still going up..

((DUTCHY)) glad you have enjoyed your family!

Oh Alex- just live life on the edge - open the can of worms...or was it a can of wupass? Wink kidding.

To the other Yabberers - miss you! Take care and I hope to see you soon!

Gotta run...How are JPB and Rock doing? Snow melted yet? You all expecting more this week...we have more bad weather expected this week....you gotta' love Spring!

Hugs and smooches.. Shocked
Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 05:07 pm
@mismi,
hey hey hey

oh, please can someone find me some more hours............ I need more hours!

I've enjoyed my day of being creative and found a bunch of my old card stuff and made some photocards - arranged to take them to the shop tomorrow (how brave is that a?) and have just lost so many hours "doing"!!!!!! My office desk is now covered again - but good covered.

Had to go into the loft. Dont ya just hate it when you p yourself off so badly. Shocked I searched the whole house and garage for something.......... went thru every box in the loft whilst keeping an eye out for any man-eating 8 legged nasty whilst up there - only to find what I was looking for was in the very first place I had looked. Was so annoyed at myself. Took me over 2 hours to discover it - aaaargh! Hey ho - I was really big and brave in the loft. Can't move my shoulder right now - no idea why and feeling verra tired but still have loads to do before I can put my head down.

oh no.......... it's Monday, gotta go put the bins out tooooooooo....... ack - so need a butler!!!!!! Will be back when I've finished up bits and pieces.

DjjD - haven't even had a chance to look at the thread you started - but I'm really looking foward to seeing it...

Maybe if I live in different timezones around the world I won't actually have to go to sleep. OK - am now on Ozzie time - which means it's early morning and I have a whole day ahead of me -YAY!

Missy - love you girlie - enjoy baseball and hug your little fellas from AuntyIz across the pond.

please..... I need some more hours from somewhere! Razz

oooooooooooooh..... smooches too Wink
Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:30 pm
@Izzie,
Oh.... quiet round these parts then.

2.30am.... guess it's time to head to bed

hope all had a good day and are having good days Down Under. HAven't seen Indeedee for a while...xxxx

Haven't see Blue for while...x0x

Busy folksies for sure these days.

Nite all - sleep big. xx
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:31 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
I searched the whole house and garage for something...

did you by any chance find my house keys? they're on a shoestring with mmmm alligators printed on it

<sigh>
Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:35 pm
@ehBeth,
well, I did find a whole bunch of keys which don't belong to me.... or if they do... prolly 6 houses back. Might have yours too!!! Razz I cannot throw keys away - I also have the inabiity to label them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck with that one Bethie - major nuisance value. x
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:37 pm
@Izzie,
<sigh>

I know where they were when I left the house yesterday. The big question is, did I have them when I got home.

<sigh>

it's an annoyance but it could be worse. I could have misplaced the house.
mismi

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:59 pm
@ehBeth,
That really would have been worse.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 09:50 pm
Just peeking in to say "howdy!" Thank you Alex, Izz, Dutchy and Missy. And anyone I forgot.

Sleep well, Miss Izz. Here's your tea and pikelets all made, for when you crawl out of bed!

http://se.inf.ethz.ch/people/leitner/erl_g/image/tea_cup_small.jpg

http://www.taste.com.au/images/recipes/del/2003/07/5757.jpg

Speaking of bed .....off to find mine!

Sweet dreams
xoxo
Izzie

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 03:08 am
@JustBrooke,
Hey there crew

Oh Babbling - how wonderful - a cuppa tea to wake up to. Just perfect. And goodies too.... spoilt I am - thanku. Hope you managed to get some good sleep in too and you can fit everything you need to do today, into the time time you have. Love and healing wishes to PaPaBabbling and the family.

Bethie - any luck with the keys?????

Missy - how was baseball last nite - hope S-boy didn't have any more asthma probs.

Well, little fella got up bright and early thismorning - and is betwixt his warhammer painting, having built up a battle, and cooking fried eggs and bacon!!!! Since he stopped being vegetarian he can't seem to get enough meat and is eating me out of house and home at the moment - definitely going thru a growth spurt - which by his reckoning is a good thing Smile He's now 138cm!!!!!! and 12 years old in a few weeks. Bless him. Very Happy

So - onwards and upwards - struggling to move a bit at the moment so waiting for the meds to kick in - then we'll be out the door and go, go, go, albeit a little slowly.

There's a happy BEAgle soaring around - he's having the best visit with his family - so happy for him.

Oh............... work tomorrow - OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Shocked

Dutchy

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 04:41 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, I'm indeed flying around and noticed you're looking for a Butler, would love to look after chez Izzie's place, would be a change of pace I guess. Smile

Brother, cousin and their wives travelling back home tomorrow so today we had a farewell luncheon. Where in the world can you eat a 3 course meal for $9.00, and go back as many times as you want? Throw in a few botles of wine and we felt on top of the world.

Back to work Izzie, gee girlie are you fully recovered, seem just such a short while since your operation, recovery etc. You take care won't you!

Cheers to all from down under.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 06:20 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Since he stopped being vegetarian he can't seem to get enough meat and is eating me out of house and home at the moment -

Now, there's a bit of news I hadn't seen before!!! When did that happen?

Izzie wrote:
Oh............... work tomorrow - OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Shocked

It does seem quick. Take it easy, hun.
Izzie

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:37 pm
@JPB,
Hey JPB - ahhhhhhhh - he started eating meat a couple weeks back (can't remember exactly) - he decided that it may make him taller (the kids at school were saying stuff to him at school but he made the choice) - he walked in and said "Mom, can you fix me a steak"............... errrrrrrrrrrrr.... after I picked myself up off the floor told him the chances of getting a steak were pretty remote - but hey "let's grab a bacon sarnie" Smile He hasn't eaten meat (excepting fish) since 2003!!!!!!!!!! One day, he just stopped - then 6 years later he started again! Shocked

Hey ho!

Well, I had a funny turn thisavo which wasn't too good. Lay down for an hour and still feel a wee bit weird right now. Overtired methinks. Spoke to the doc and went and picked up my back to work letter - so just gonna go in for a couple hours tomorrow and Friday and catch up on what's what - which will be fine. Gotta earn a living - it will be fine. Little fella will come with me and see all his old friends so he'll be a happy chap. Got the consultant appointment on Thursday too.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yawns..... tired today.

BEAgle - enjoy hun - has the big catch been brought back in now. Hope you are taking pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping all are having good days - healing thoughts to PaPa Babbling and db.

x

mismi

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:46 pm
@Izzie,
Hello Iz - thanks for asking about S. He is fine. No more problems...just a strange little episode. I started packing the breathing treatments in my baseball bag though.

G-baby played last night...he is such a cute little baseball player - but I am decidedly biased.

Hey JPB - hope the weather there is not too bad. Take care and keep safe.

My roof still hasn't leaked - so my rigging is working. Will be glad when it gets dry up there and I can actually get up there to fix it. It's raining more and will rain more Thursday. Really if I can't curl up under a snuggly blanket and watch a good chick flick or nap - I have no use for gray days - I know they are necessary though...ugh.

Have much more to do before I can call myself done for the day - will see you all soon.
mis

mismi

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:48 pm
@mismi,
Izzie - take care of yourself - do not over do tomorrow please. Praying for you.
((Iz))
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 01:42 pm
Hello Izzie, and hello crew. Tuesday. Need Twosday. How long is this tunnel.
Izzie. Can opener, was in reference to Dutchys "three humdred pounds of tuna" post.
ehBeth. Did you ask your dogs, where the keys are?
How is the roof mismi?....and you do know what they say about a lady who wears a toolbelt.
ddjjd62. Are your croccusses and tulips upset with yesterdays snow, as mine are?
JustBrooke. Michigan State is in final four. How did those dirty buckeyes do?

Good day.
mismi

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 02:40 pm
@alex240101,
Quote:
How is the roof mismi?....and you do know what they say about a lady who wears a toolbelt.

The roof is doing great ----- I'm scared to ask.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:29:56