@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

It will all be gone by Monday.

(JPB will have it Shocked Sad )

grrrrrrrr

0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 11:17 pm
Morning crew,watching the Grand Prix from Melbourne on the portable telly back at the stern.Cold beers and "nibbles" supplied.
Barry The Mod

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 01:48 am
@Barry The Mod,
Wow,JB and RB one and two.Captain,pass the tissues!
Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 03:12 am
@Barry The Mod,
Morning Crew .......

Howdy Harbour Master

Sunshine galore down 'ere! Gotta bunch of folk about to turn up to I will be back in a bit - haven't seen a Grand Prix in a while - so got some spare tissues - passes box...Wink

<smiles angelicly>

Back soonish

Wishing all a happy day

ooodles of love x

Bazza - did you Spring forward? "Summertime" <sings> is here and I've already lost an hour.... tho I am sprung clung. x
wandeljw

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 06:43 am
@Izzie,
Rockhead is correct about where the snow is moving. Our snow started during the night and it is still snowing right now. I wonder how JPB is doing. She is farther away from the city. A very open area where the weather effects are stronger. I think there are also wild animals roaming all over. Smile
djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 06:46 am
they're calling for snow here over night into monday morning, but it shouldn't stick around long
JPB

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 06:57 am
@wandeljw,
Laughing Lions, and tigers, and bears. Oh, My!

We did have a coyote frenzy the night before last. And the raccoons have been known to get into a tussle or two. Possum and the occasional red fox are the only other creatures that compete with the giant deer heard (who eat EVERYTHING).

We're ok. We have a couple inches on the ground, the trees are blanketed in white (very pretty), and they're saying it should slow down by noontime. Mr B is returning home today from visiting his family in SC and as long as his flight isn't canceled due to weather I'll leave the shoveling for him as a welcome home gift. Mr. Green
Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:31 am
@JPB,
Just a coupla doozy birds in this part of the world... Wink

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1010161.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:40 am
@djjd62,
I was awakened early Evil or Very Mad by the sound of rain pounding pounding pounding on the half-roof and window, and now I hear there may be snow on its way.

grrrrrrrr
djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:42 am
@ehBeth,
it's nice and sunny here now, but windy, with temps dropping

the rest of the week shows mix of sun/cloud/rain and temps above freezing, so i don't see it lasting, but it's probably gonna be messy on the monday morning commute
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:43 am
@Izzie,
always nice to see the birds out in the spring time Very Happy
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 09:43 am
Look at those two adorable little doozy birds up there! It just makes me want to grab them both and hug the stuffin's out of em'. Very Happy Oh yeah, I snitched the pic, by the way! It's just sooooooo sweet, I could't help myself! You guys are great!

Good morning, all! Dj, temps have dropped in Ohio, also. Not liking it, but can't complain after seeing all the snow that Rock got in Kansas.

Have a great day, crew!

Love you - love you - love you!
xoxox
mismi

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 02:47 pm
@JustBrooke,
Hey Brooke! So glad to see you - I agree....the CUTEST little doozy birds!

Heya didge - it's colder down here too...though compared to up there it's balmy!

We had a game last night...I kept the books for the game last night ...hard to keep the books and watch your boys play - and we lost. Last season was one of those dream seasons - we won every game but one...we are having to relearn how to lose!

And my poor little S. Poor baby had an asthma episode when he came up to bat last night...the only thing we can think of is the pollen and the cold night air and he was VERY nervous last night...the perfect storm for that poor little respiratory system. I had to leave the books all to the Prof...bless his heart, he had to do the scoreboard, pitch count and the books...amazing - he did it. I left and brought S home for his breathing treatment then tucked him into bed. He is better today. Thankfully.

I am tired.

Iz how is the company - I'll bet your pretty tired yourself. Hope you enjoyed them though - I am sure they enjoyed being there with you.

Beth, has the rain stopped?

Where's Dev and Verbie - did I see Dutchy? Busy people these days!

Ohwee...I'm going to go. Gotta get some things done since I have work tomorrow...no happy nappy for me today,....<sigh>

see y'all later!

Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 05:10 pm
@mismi,
Evening Peeps

Oh my…. I am ti-arrrrrrrrrrrrd. Goodness gracious me. What a busy weekend. Have had folksies popping in and out and it’s been wonderful - but i'm tiarrrrd and can't move too much at the mo. FQs MaMa & PaPa came over with my folks and then went off to Boscastle. FQsis travelled back home. Drove over to Tulip’s house - she’s done an amazing job in the garden - quite incredible - dunno how she does it - Sboy and Fboy had a great time together this weekend - they are so close, it‘s lovely.

Drove back across the moors trying to beat the sunset ..... the sunset won.... we were 5 mins too late to get some amazing photos from the top of the moors - got to my parents and had dinner with FQ’s parents. BigBoy went by my folks house for a few mins which is the first time I’ve seen him since New Year. Dropped S-boy to his Dad’s at 10ish and am now home and totally off my feet.

Please could the butler bring me a cuppa tea…

Ok…. Best get up and put the kettle on Razz

Beth and DjjD - hope you don’t get the snow - errrrrrrrrrrrr…. The crocuses will have white overcoats on. Mind you - was verra chilly here today and tonite….. More than a little brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hope Rock, JPB, jw and the MI's are doing OK.

Missy - bless your S-boy - hope he’s fully recovered today - well done that Professor a? Try and get a wee happy nap if you can. Have heard from Vegemite - hopefully she will be back on the deck soon. Think Dev is face booking - I don’t go on FB hardly at all so not sure - will go and take a peek.

OK…. I have a question. I can’t explain the moon! But I also can’t explain what I want to ask. AND ….. dagnabbit…. I’ve tidied away the book about my camera and cant find it for love nor money - so I can’t figure out how to show y’all what I want to ask. Anyhooooooooooooo…. Basically - cr@p photo - but………. Look at the moon!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01864.jpg

There is no eclipse until July 7th……..

BLUE - if you read this….. Special Agent???????? Alex……DjjD….. Girlies……Anyone?……Can you explain? I can’t recall seeing a moon that had such a clearly visible “moon”…. I mean, normally when you see half a moon…. You can only see the half … or crescent or whatever . Whereas, tonite, it’s crystal clear - millions of twinkling stars and you can see the whole moon - even tho it’s dark. Does that make sense? No. I’ve been looking around - it’s a waxing crescent, 13% of full - but what exactly is it that I’m seeing.

The information is all here on this website…. But…. But…. But…. I’m tired and I still can’t figure out what I’m seeing. Not that it really matters - I'm just intrigued right now. It looks amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_phase

How come I can see the whole moon when ordinarily I can only see the crescent, half, whatever, full ? (I know this is going to be so obvious….. And I’m being very blonde…. Hey ho!) <rolls eyes>

And what’s really strange is looking at a bunch of folksies websites and seeing photos exactly like ones I’ve taken in the past!

This is what it looks like - photo taken by someone who knows how to work their camera
http://www.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/m/MacBassmaster/63.jpg
http://www.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/m/MacBassmaster/63.jpg

Of course my photo doesn’t show it real clear, which it would if I could work out how to use the dayum camera, which I can’t because I’ve tidied the manual away. HA!

AND…. I just went outside again to go take another picture to see if I could do better… and the moon is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

I really oughta go bed.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 05:57 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, I love that shot (too) and think I have a few partial explanations.

1 the camera picks up more light than the eye, so it will show the dark bits.

2 conditions on Earth might have been such as to reflect more that night (reflective cloud or something). The reflected light then shows up the side of the Moon not getting light from the Sun.

*retreats to corner of deck. Not good at chatting, but I CAN be a science nerd.
Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 06:03 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Thanku Spikey - we love having a deck lounger science nerd over on the "star"board side - bless ya gal. yep... I could clearly see the whole moon which got me intrigued and the crescent is sooooooooo bright.... or was 'til it disappeared.

Thanks gal. I must go to bed - 1am - bit early for me Shocked but so completely cream crackered. Nite from me in the UK and Morning to you Down Under. Have a great day. x Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:16 pm
@Izzie,
I'm not really sure what you're questioning, MzIzz. I often see the whole moon even though half or more is in shadow. Well, often in the morning, not so much at night.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 09:21 pm
@Izzie,
Morning you two gorgeous crew members so nice to see you together and smiling happily, bosun has fallen head over heels for the both of you. Wink

Happy to report the fish are still biting and my WACO fridge will be going home full of seafood by the end of the week.

Not much happening in this far corner of the world, the weather is fabulous and the pace very leisurable compared to the city where I normally reside. Trust you all had a great weekend.

Oh so good to see Brooke, pleased things are looking up for you my dear friend, keep faith, all will be well.

Mismi been following your postings too, you make me laugh with your antics, thinking of a good joke for you and the Prof.

Catch up with you regularly by the beginning of next week, in the meantime happy sailing folks.
bathsheba

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 09:50 pm
@Dutchy,
Hiya gang, hubby and I hiked 4 miles today! 17 days post chemo and still get tired easily. But the day was sunny and almost warm. Dogs gambooled around, poor little guys, they haven't been able to take big hikes lately because of me........sooooooo....things are getting back up to speed, slowly.

I don't know if any of you who have had chemo know the answer to this, but some of my eyelashes have fallen out, giving me a rather ratty appearance Smile but my eyes feel irritated and water a lot. The rims are kind of pink sometimes. I look like I've been up boozing all night. Any suggestions for the watery yet dry feeling eyes?

Glad to see Izzie and Mismi, ehBeth and Dutchy.....all's you guys jabbering away and all sound like things are going ok. I can't stay on computer long (hurts eyes) but thinking about The Gang and wishing you all well

db
Dianne
Dutchy

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 09:59 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi Dianna, lovely to see you, a 4 mile hike that's great stuff, obviously a lot of willpower in that body yet, well done! A long way from home at present, spending quality time with my son in that tuna city I've told you about. The catch of 300 tons will be arriving sometime later in the week and I hope to take some pictures of it all. Wishing you and hubby lots of quality time too. Can't answer your question about chemo but sure one of the ladies here will come up with some words of advice. Cheers for now from downunder.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.85 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:04:39