"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:15 pm
@djjd62,
hey DjjD..... it's lovely here... would love to see London white again... last time was................ heck.......long time ago. One day.

I think I am excited out................ kanckered and gotta go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ( I know......... I must be tired a - flare - ack)

so will say "nitey nite" to the crew...

love y'all and catchya tomorrow. Everyone take care and see you then.

ALEX...... I'm worrying about you now. You've never left before without saying a s'long - you are far too much of a gentle kind man ....MISS YOU ALEX24 - I hope you are ok sweet man. Hoping it is just power outtage or something like that. Hugs to you and yours hun.

smooches all...................................................... Razz
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:15 pm
@whiteviolet,
Hi crew Bosun reporting in late today, lots of computer work to take care but at last we've made. First cool night for ages, lovely sea and gully breezes blowing through the house enabling the airconditioner a rest after running 9 days straight. Saw about the snow in the US and UK on the televison news, always makes headlines here. Will be around for awhile.

Edit. Good night Captain, we posted simultaneously.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:22 pm
nite miz iz

hullo dutchy, glad to hear the temps are cooperating
Dutchy

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:26 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

nite miz iz

hullo dutchy, glad to hear the temps are cooperating

djjd62 only at night, today will still be in excess of 38C (100F) but we're coping with that. Smile
djjd62

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:29 pm
@Dutchy,
nights good, a better sleep will help cope with the day
verbivore

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:30 pm
@djjd62,
sure will come up with tour details & snaps very soon..
and fq....i guess i saw u in facebook but wasnt sure..since there the real name is listed..hope if ne of u guys spot me..that ud add me Smile
BEAgle..am around for quite sometime frm now i guess since gmail is blocked in office
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:40 am
@verbivore,
WE ARE SO EXCITED Razz

Could it be any more perfect? About 3-4 inches of snow and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful. We closed the school AT 7.30am, rang around all our parents so no-one attempted the icy hills.... then.... little fella went out at 8am with the kids in the village and had a big snowball fight - their faces were just wonderful, big kids and little kids - they have now taken the dawgs walking in the fields. The sun has just broken through and is splitting the trees, after some heavy snow which, tho it only lasted about an hour - it GORGEOUS! So so pretty. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

(I.CAN.NOT.FEEL.MY.FEET.OR.HANDS) Razz
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 04:45 am
@Izzie,
Hi Captain, saw it all on the television tonight, the country side looked stunning, and the well known places in London, including Buckinham Palace, very pretty. Will you post some pictures?
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:01 am
@Dutchy,
Hey hey............wha...... me post pics......... errrrrrrrrrrrr.....let me know when you are ready for a snooze - I GOT A MILLION PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going out for a drive in the snow - giving the little fella my old camera and we are going to go play!!!!!!!!!!!! It's melting fast!

Be back later.

Lovin' y'all. xxxxxxxxxxxxx Razz

(so, so, so.....excited!) Very Happy
FlavourQueen

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:20 am
@Izzie,
Hey babe. I made it to Germany.!!! How scary was it driving to the airport this morning? Nasty!!!
The snow was amazing. Got the kids back to school just in time on Sunday night but they had no lessons yesterday - just snowball fights!
Anyhow I am here for 3 days and have decided that the Company needs a Global Ambassador!!, so I have written a job description to give them tomorrow!! That's so not gonna happen
Stay warm Iz and wv and all those down under, just keep naked!!
Keep u posted on my sole woman mission to emancipate a VERY male organisation!!
Big hugs
FQ xx
devriesj

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:59 am
@FlavourQueen,
Hi, all! So snow in Britain, wow! Hope you enjoy your day off! Love any pics you feel like postin', Iz-!
dj - always good to see you ... especially that face of yours on facebook!
FQ - glad you made the trip safely! Go, get 'em, girl! And just who are you on facebook?!
Verb-, love seeing you on facebook. Would love any pics you have to show from your trip or anything else for that matter. You live in such a beautiful place!
Same ol', same her today, just cold & cloudy. Plenty of snow on the ground to spare. Too bad it isn't snowing because hubby has been given an acquaintance's snow plowing job while the guy is on vacation. He only gets paid when it snows though!
Feel better, Mis-! We miss you!
Hey, Dutch-, DeeDee, stay cool! Wink
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:06 am
@Izzie,
I would love to see your snow photos, Izzie!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:06 am
@Dutchy,
You'll certainly like this phtoto from today's Evening Standard (03.02.09, First Edition, pages 28-29)

Household Cavalry, on Horse Guard Parade, in front of the Guards Memorial

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ni194p.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:18 am
snapped this pic of the garage, the mourning doves love the tin roof on a bright sunny day

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/djjd1962/100_0533.jpg
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:25 am
Morning shipmates.

Don't pay me any mind, it's time to clean the hull, seems we have accumulated some barnacles need scraping off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBKAG0ut9Ds

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:25 am
@djjd62,
Beautiful, Walter!
Wow, dj, I don't think I've ever seen that many at once!
JPB

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:41 am
@devriesj,
hey dev! same 'ol, same ol here too.

dj -- love the boidies.

Happy travels to FQ and, sheeesh, hasn't the heat broken down under yet?!?!?! I hope last night's cool night continues into today.

"twas hoping to catch a glimpse of miss mis. Hang in there, chica. Love you!!

Looking forward to pics from Izzieland.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:45 am
@devriesj,
it helps that the bird feeder is close by Very Happy
mismi

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:44 pm
@djjd62,
Hi y'all.

Izzie - more socks - keep the toots warm!

((JPB)) - well - spring is not that far away. Looking for the sun...thank you sweet friend - love you too!

Just saying hey. Snow, snow everywhere....'cept down here. dammit. If it's going to be this cold it should have snow for pete's sake.

hugs to all..
mis

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:50 pm
@djjd62,
hey hey....

Ahhhhh... Izzieland is now Iceland! We are freezing solid having had the snow Very Happy , the thaw... Sad and going down to -7deg tonite Shocked

It's been a fab day - went and visited Tulip and brought her boy down for a few hours - kids had a great time playing in the snow and building "Arnie"!

Hope to post some pics in a bit.

<quietly says, so as not to dull the excitement of snow and coz it's been such a wonderful day, but I'm in a serious flare tonite - I can't move right now - ack! - breaking out the morph - hope I post the right pics Shocked > Razz

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.15 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 10:27:13