@Izzie,
brekkin news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syd0PugbuLA

(hugs)
Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:10 am
@Rockhead,
Morning all

The plumber has been....... not my plumber ... another plumber ... a wee 'ole fella who charged me £30 for pushing a knob across up behind the boiler. To think that water has been piddling down the side of the house for the last couple weeks and that was all it took........ 10 seconds or so! <why didn't my plumber do that when he was here - sighs - bit annoyed at him right now - no.... a lot annoyed at him right now - nem'mind> Ack.

However, what a nice 'ole chap this plumber was - he said I was a jolly gal and we talked for quite a while over a cuppa (as you do with complete strangers in your house) - he was actually very sweet to me and said when he is in the area he will pop in and see me if that was OK and make sure all was alright. Now MIS.... before you start getting ideas - no.... not that sort of popping in - no no no. REALLY. There is no hope for me on that account.

Bless him, before he left he took and kissed my hand - you know, like in the movies, a gentleman, and called me a precious angel. Funny isn't it - how one little kindness can you make you feel so much better about the day ahead.

So....... FQsis, K and the girls rang last nite and are arriving today. That will be great. I hadn't spoken to anyone since talking with MM - until FQ called last nite - so it will be good to have people in the house and the sound of laughter here. Little fella will be back in an hour or so - so have much to do to get this house in some semblance of order. Joints are none too clever right now - but with FQsis - she takes me as she finds me - so it doesn't need to be perfect here. Hands are badly swollen thismorning - but - on the bright side - no more water piddling down the side of the house. Thankful for that.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Alex - how was the concert - did MIL enjoy?

MM - hope you come aboard today - remember - just email me OK if you need to. Take care.

Take care all this crew - love you all - missing some of you like crazy - but good to know you are busy and with your friends and families.
x
verbivore

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:15 am
@Rockhead,
hi..all
just peeped in to see how ye all are doing....
Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:21 am
@verbivore,
Hey Vegemite - how are you girlie - haven't seen you in ages? How was your Christmas? and the family? x

<msn isn't working right now...>
Dutchy

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:32 am
@Izzie,
Hi Captain, have noticed the latter Wink All well downunder, except my feelings are hurt, verbivore called me a 'foodie'. How was your weekend?
Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:37 am
@Dutchy,
Hey BEagle... yep - "script error" - can't get an answer on the internet - msn is being a pain right now! FQ is on her way down today so no doubt we'll be skyping you later - any requests for a piano tune this time! HA! <make it easy, my hands are crap>

and you are a "foodie" - HA! sorry.... you do food for both us - that even's it out!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:43 am
@Izzie,
So pleased to hear you will have the company of the beautiful FlavourQueen New Years Eve, such a special night. There is one song you can play me, it is one of my very favourites., "Danny Boy". Razz
Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 05:07 am
@Dutchy,
HA - will do - we will find the music from somewhere and do what we did last time.... HA!

Nothin' like a good 'ole Irish tune for a friend a? Did ya do ya crossword yet?
Dutchy

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 05:21 am
@Izzie,
Re crossword, have finally found the time and tried to no avail. Have e-mailed you the reasons and hope you can solve my minor problem. Smile
Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 05:31 am
@Dutchy,
Easier doing it this way....

http://www.mycrosswords.com/19/Izziea2k/BirthdayBoy.html

hope it works...

i gotta dash.... catchya later. x
Dutchy

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 06:12 am
@Izzie,
Yep, worked perfectly, took me half hour to complete. You could apply for a job at Lovatts Izzie, very well done. I enjoyed it. Hope you have a great day. Cheers.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 07:35 am
Good morning all.
I hope everyone is having a good morning.
The sun is shining here and the temp is just above freezing.

Last night Stacy broke down.
She started sobbing and for about 30 minutes she couldnt stop crying.
This has been an extremely bad year for her.
Her grandfather died in March, she has had 2 aunts and 1 uncle die, and now Kaine.
All I could do was just hold her until she stopped crying.

The viewing for Kaine is today at 1 this afternoon, about 5.5 hours from now, and the funeral is tomorrow at 11.
I am doing ok so far, but I think that after the viewing I'm gonna lose it.

Jason is almost catatonic.
If you speak to him he acknowledges you, but when I went over there yesterday he was sitting in his recliner not moving.
He had all of his brothers and sisters there, along with his mother, some of his aunts and uncles, along with some extended family members (me and some of his nieces and their husbands).
But to be honest, I dont think he knew any of us were there.

Some of Kaines friends from school have asked Stacy if they can be the pallbearers, and she agreed to that.
I think it will be good for them to be a part of it, because he was a well liked kid in school.

To be honest, I really wish some of you could be here, because I really need the support myself.
But, I know you will be here in spirit, and for that I thank you.
Stacy has read all of your notes, and she also thanks you.
I think thats part of the reason she broke down yesterday, knowing I had friends like you guys.
If any of you ever get to western Ky, you have a standing invite to my house for dinner.

Anyway, I gotta go for now, and I will write more later.
mismi

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 07:38 am
@Izzie,
MM - sorry - I just noticed you posted while I was yabbering - so sorry - it does sound bad there. I wish I were closer so I could come. I can't imagine a worse thing. I know it seems hard to believe - but you all will heal. It will always hurt - just not as bad. ((MM)) ((STACY)) ((JASON)) take care - one step at a time.

Quote:
Now MIS.... before you start getting ideas - no.... not that sort of popping in - no no no. REALLY
I can't imagine you accepting booty calls Izzie...you don't have to convince me! Laughing He sounds like a nice gentleman and I am glad he was so kind...and that he got your problem fixed. Take care of yourself please.

Dutchy - good to see you - what are you up to this week?

Verby - glad you poked your head in here. Hope all is well where you are and that you are happy. Let us know more when you can sweety.

I have the boys home all day today and will have to keep them in line and busy - we'll see how much I am able to be here....

hugs to all!
missy
JustBrooke

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:18 am
@mysteryman,
May the love your family shares, provide you the strength to rise from your pain and get through the difficult days ahead, mm.

Stay strong.
Faith ~ Courage ~ Wisdom

(((( you and all of your family ))))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:29 am
@mysteryman,
Hey MM

It's good that she cried - and it's good that you just held her. No words will answer the questions going around in your heads right now. I'm glad that the family are keeping a close watch on Jason.

It's alright to lose it J - you are only human - you need to try and hold onto to the faith you believe in to give you strength - and hold onto anything that will give you that inner strength that you have - you do have it inside you tho you may not feel as tho you do. Keeping your emotions in check will hurt you more - those feelings need to come out - I imagine many of the family will be in the same position as you - wishing to be strong but wanting to let it all out. It's alright to let it out. Keep hold of Stacy's hand - and reach out for others hands - together, you are stronger.

I simply cannot imagine the unbearable grief you will feel when you see Kaine. I hear that when you view a loved one who has died tragically before their time, tho of course, it was their time - the feelings can totally overwhelm anything you have ever felt before. Kaine was loved so much - that love is not lost - it will always be there - it doesn't leave you - it won't leave Stacy.... or Jason... or any of you. I don't have a faith in the same way as many - I don't understand many things that happen - I wish I could tell you the "right" things.... but I can't - all I know is that I believe that when a loved one dies - they actually watch over you. I believe that their spirit and soul is within you, in your heart - in every smile they smiled, every touch when they touched you - every word that they spoke - and they live on in how your life goes forward.

It doesn't ease the pain in the questions as to why these tragedies happen, why Kaine has died - those answers may never be known. Therefore, you have to hold onto how you all move forward without Kaine in body - and with his spirit alive in all of you. At this time - I don't think you can possibly find peace with anything that has happened - certainly Stacy will not be at peace within herself with her family being taken from her. I don't know what to say .... other than... tho we can't be there for you in person - we're all holding out our hands to you here - and when you need to grab on tight - we'll be here just to listen.

Some of this crew have had terrible tragedies this year... there are no explanations... it just is. It's hard and there is no comprehension as to why - but it is the way it is.

I'm so sorry you are all going through this.

Let Stacy know we are here if she wants to talk to. Meanwhile J - talk whenever you need to. You can say anything you wish - even if it seems to make no sense.

How is Cody coping? He's going to need a lot of support - you can help him with that J - Stacy and Cody both need your love and inner strength - it's there inside you - it will find it's way to help them. We'll be here for you in whatever way we can.

Take care. x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 09:30 am
@mismi,
Missy... Babbling... love you girlies xx
annis

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 10:47 am
@mysteryman,
Dear MM,

I am so sorry for this loss. It doesn't matter what anyone says or does, it can not make things better, I know.

You just have to go with things and time doesn't heal, it is just that things change as that is the only way to keep going. Life is sh*t and 2008 has been a terrible year! I will light a candle for him.

Blessings X
whiteviolet

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 11:03 am
@Izzie,
Dear MM, just to say a tall candle is burning for Kaine here in Lincoln Cathedral now. I am so pleased you are finding support from the crew, especially our wonderful Izzie whose love and wisdom is endless, as I have found. Poor Stacy and Jason, and Kaine's young friends, too - it's all so momentous and so numbingly sad at present. I hope some solace comes in time. Hugs, Tricia x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 12:13 pm
@annis,
Yep... there are times that life is cr*p Tulip, many. We just have to do what we can to try and make it a better place to be <says the girl who blubbed all day yesterday and unplugged the phone>, for us, the family and our friends. It can be better... we know that some things can get better.... but it doesn't take the pain away and time can feel very, very long. Those who we love tho - are Never Forgotten.

Will see you soon Tulip - good to talk to you earlier... the new dog sounds as tho he was meant to find you. Hope the vet gives him the all clear and you and the kids gain new friend and family member with a special name. Let me know tomorrow after you talk with the vet. x

Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 12:28 pm
@Izzie,
No... that should read - there are times when cr*p things happen in life and the cards your are dealt mean the price paid feels too high. I don't gamble... but thing is, life's a gamble - and you gotta try and make your own hand with whatever you are dealt and play it as it happens. It's not easy, but then gambling is a risky business.... risk nothing, risk it all. Just gotta do what you can with a little help from yer friends. Nobody said it was easy - nobody was right. Sometimes, there just aren't any answers.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:24:53