"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:59 pm
@mismi,
How are you doing with your cold/throat, MissMe?
mismi

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:01 pm
@ehBeth,
I am better this afternoon....actually have a voice - though gravelly. Feeling quite perky even - thanks for asking. I am tired of laying around!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:03 pm
@mismi,
I thought you'd be organizing! Wink
devriesj

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, mis-! Wink 'Fraid I've been down as well with "FI's" Rolling Eyes
Hope you all are well otherwise. What's the (a2k) world been up to?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:15 pm
@ehBeth,
I should be Beth, I have gotten some great ideas...but my being under the weather has actually gotten me behind. I'll just start over Monday. Yeah Dev...I wish you were closer - You could do like they do on Mission Organization (HGTV) and help me out. yuck. yuck. yuck. I'll dig out soon. Little at a time! Wink
devriesj

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:22 pm
@mismi,
Y'know, I would LOVE to! Very Happy Yep, little by little is best.
mismi

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:28 pm
@devriesj,
Hey Dev...what's FI's? I know it will be obvious when you tell me - but as of right now - I haven't got a clue. I am glad you got your avvy back. Love Elastagirl.

K....about to go to bed. Feeling gravity acutely right now.
devriesj

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:50 pm
@mismi,
"feminine issues". Didn't want to offend the male sex y'know! Rolling Eyes

G'night, mis-!
whiteviolet

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 03:57 am
@devriesj,
Hi everyone

Am back from Paris and of course first thing I had to do was to catch up with the crew's news. Glad things have been going well - by our standards anyway, no real traumas.

Mis, I have a blank square where you posted your family pic and a message saying it's removed so wonder if Izzie has it and could email to me? Is that poss, Iz? I'm so interested to see it! Sounds like it was great!

We had a wonderful time! The Eurostar fire the day after we got there meant our journey back was in doubt so we tried to change our tickets to stay another day but Eurostar wouldn't let us. Damn!

Yesterday, when we returned, was the first day the tunnel was re open so we predictably had some extra waiting around, with not much information, you know the scenes when these things happen, and we stopped for a long time during the journey and could smell the smoke for a while through the air conditioning system, but hey, we got home.

The weather was so much better than forecast and it was hot and sunny, especially for the first two days - wonderful for us after our wet, gloomy summer. We visited lots of places with Sartre/Simone de Beauvoir associations and sat at the wonderful, world famous cafes Cafe de Flore and Cafe des Deux Magots, and watched the interesting Parisian world go by.

We spent ages in that area, St. Germain des Pres, which has endless historical/literary/philosopher associations and I must re double my efforts to find a millionaire as I wanna live there sooooooo much.

The Pope was spending two days in Paris and one evening we were in the crowds near Notre-Dame, watching him on giant screens progressing along the quays. When he arrived, everyone rose up on tiptoes and waved and cheered and held cameras above their heads so all we saw was the top of the Popemobile, not actually him, but it was such fun!

Last time we were there, in June, George Bush was visiting so presumably all these world figures must be timing their trips in the hope of seeing Daughter and me?

Also lit a candle in Notre-Dame earlier that day, thinking especially of Noah and Nathan - what a gorgeous photo of Noah, Brooke!

Visited St Sulplice church, which has a copper strip running across it which catches a ray of sun on equinoxes - the light runs to an obelisk against the north wall which has astronomical inscriptions on it, partly damaged during the French revolution.

And went to Musee de l'Homme (anthropology museum) for the first time - they had the Lucy skeleton there - lady from 3.5 million years ago. Also many busts showing the variety of face types in the world - apparently explorers used to make these busts when on their expeditions - I didn't know that.

And some really interesting jewellery, fabrics, inscribed tablets, tools from countless thousands of years ago - it certainly makes you think more deeply than usual.

The heads section had an inscription along the lines of " Plural man, one humanity" and I'm glad our crew is doing something to foster links between us, spread as we are all over the wonderful world.

Went in a couple of other churches, too, visited the artists' area (Place du Tertre) but mainly wandered around the streets - Paris is so lovely and I've been there on holiday most years since I was 13 but never tire of it.

Enough! Back on deck soon. Love to all.
Izzie

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 04:01 am
@devriesj,
Morning all…. Beautiful day here today. Sun in shining and the river is babbling along.

So sorry not to post last nite…. not sure what happened " was trying to post a pic of the moon…. must’ve fallen asleep after taking the potion and…. well, woke up this morning in my bed " so guess I got there somehow.

Gosh " the moon was just incredible last nite….. I mean, really incredible…. Blurry bic won’t do it a justice but… was thinking under the moon…..
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1060071.jpg

Anywho
Missy " hope you will feel bright and breezy today and the ear-hurt is all gone. Rest your voice hunni " tho I bet you still sound wonderful. Love a husky voice! Glad the Professor is home too and all is good with the boys.

QueenDev " darn those FI’s a? I’m pretty lucky " none of those anymore " blessing a? Feel better soon girlie.

RH " hope all the flooding has gone down now and all is good with you, Dink and Gram. Hugs xox

JPB " whatya been up to " oooh… need to catch up with ya girl. X

Ooooh…. Wonder how WytVi is getting on and whether she will manage to get back " oooh…. Hoping so bad it was all alright.

Alex " yep, know I am very lucky to have my boys and so pleased BigBoy was here on his 16th. I am blessed in many ways. How is your lady today? Ooooh nasty pinched nerve a? I’m certain you will be running around for her…. and be the most wonderful “Florence” " good for you Alex. Healing thoughts to her and hugs for the good hubby. Enjoy your Sunday.

Eva " hey there, thanks hun " little fella is getting more and more like the BigBoy as he gets older " excepting the height " R is 5ft 11…. But little fella has definitely started growing now " he’s tiny compared to the other kids and quite self conscious " but he has the massivest personality… and voice…. So he’ll always manage great heights!!!!

Babbling Girl " good to see you " you were with me celebrating R coming home " no worries. How is Baby Noah getting on now he is home? Hope all is well and things are all settling down now. Love ya sista!

Vegemite " good to talk to you girlie " catch up again soon. X Keep positive a?

Beth " wishing for the clouds to lift for you…. tho… I love the mist " especially on the moors " has a quietness and mystery about it. Poofity curly hair day tho " yep " grab that scarf gal. Love to HIM. X

Mysteryman " hope the trucks been sorted…. Been trying to catch you on chat…. Sheesh " we all keep missing each other. Say hey to your lady from me " and hope we’ll talk soon.

Blue " good to see yoohoo " stark, raving bonkers….. brill!!! As always " a pleasure.

Bosun BEAgle…. Where are you??????? You on a lounger somewhere????

Will be on and off the deck today " things to do " birthday present to FIX….aaaaaghhh! HEY HO!

Happy Day everyone ….

Y’all are the best. xox

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 04:05 am
@whiteviolet,
Oh my... WytVi... we crossed posts... gosh - your trip sounds wonderful and you sound energised and very happy. So pleased you had a fabulous time and got back safe and sound.... tremendous to hear you buzzing like you are. Must have been great to be with A and just spend time together doing things you love. Delighted for you girl..... just.... delighted. Very Happy
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 06:05 am
Howdy ya’ll, glad WV had such a good trip and made it back home after the fire in the tunnel.

Talking about trips; I was driving along interstate 65 the other day on my way to Lake View, when I stopped off at Pelham to buy a newspaper to check what effect the storm was having on gas prices. I bought The Shelby County Reporter, not that I had much choice as it is the county's only newspaper.

This got me a thinking; why name a county after Isaac Shelby who after all was the first Governor of Kentucky? Ok, I know he was also the fifth Governor as well, but he was born in Maryland and that is some ways off from here.

Anyhoo; I may be as gay as a 50c note but I don’t call a fizzy drink pop or soda; its just coke! (No matter what flavor)

Izzie

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 06:24 am
@Tryagain,
Oh Blue .... you are thinking deeply today a? Wink and random......

I wonder why Crapstone is called Crapstone!
Tryagain

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 06:33 am
@Izzie,
HISTORY OF CRAPSTONE
"Crap" in Devonshire England dialect means "crop" a crop of stones or Crapstone. The meaning of the name comes from the fields where the first building took place at "Crapstone Barton".

The land was part of the Buckland Abbey estate, and had been granted to Richard Crymes in 1546, who built Crapstone Barton as his manor house.

The Crymes sold on a lot of the land but in the early part of the 20th century it was bought back by Lady Seaton. So four centuries later, Crapstone estate returned to Buckland Abbey estates.

As an adopted Yellow Rose of Texas; you have not been charged for this meaningful insight. Wink
Izzie

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 06:48 am
@Tryagain,
what a loada ..... useful information.... thanku! Very Happy
whiteviolet

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:34 am
@Izzie,
Hey Izzie, I meant to say I was so deeeeeeeeeelighted to read abt big boy's birthday - absolutely fantastic for you all. Hope the rest of your life, job and all, is ok. Lots of love.

Lovely pic of the moon, thx - I love the beautiful ole moon as it's something my darling D and I can share while kept apart by thousands of miles of land and ocean. (Longing to see him again but may not be for another year).

And when you think what the sun, moon and stars, and natural phenomen like eclipses, must have meant to the ancients, it's breathtaking and beyond comprehension.

Yep, thx, energised, very happy and looking forward to the coming year very much. Pleased that Daughter, who has been setting up a business, is getting somewhere too and has lots of interesting projects in hand. She was such great company there!

Try - you are in top form! You keep me smiling and must be in my top 5 barmiest people I have ever known.

Dev - so glad you are keeping cool and strong.

Mis - you make me smile, too, you are so bubbly and I'd love to hear your voice - I LOVE that southern accent, it's the NY one I'm not so keen on!

Vbv - hoping employment situation is in hand - things will improve anyway in time so stay hopeful.

Hugs to rest of crew as well.

mismi

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:39 am
@whiteviolet,
Hey White Vi...I am glad you enjoyed your trip and that the weather was good for you. I was sorry about the muck up with the tunnel. Glad you are home safe and sound though.

Try you are north of me there in Pelham - I'm much more souther. Almost to Clanton. Peaches there you know.

Hugs to you Iz and the rest of the Crew. I am short on words today. I think I have an internal quota and when I reach it I just have to stop.

have a good day!
Rockhead

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:55 am
@mismi,
Hey all, spoke to Edgar if ya dint hear...(he's good)

(Missy, Try is pretty good with his Geographamy, just not real clear with his lingo)

Hugs around, Ima make a pot of soup.
mismi

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:02 am
@Rockhead,
Glad about Edgar Rock...thanks for getting up so early and letting us know.
We have two fall baseball games today. Things have slowed quite a bit since it is kid pitch now...very slow, and painful - lot of kids getting nailed with the ball!

As far as Try is concerned - he speaks crap real well. Prolly cause he's full of it. (smile)

Quote:
Anyhoo; I may be as gay as a 50c note but I don’t call a fizzy drink pop or soda; its just coke! (No matter what flavor)

That is true...and exactly how it should be in this heavenly place.

Me: May I have a coke please?

Waiter: All we have is Pepsi

Me: You aren't from around here are you? Wink
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:59 am
“You… must be in my top 5 barmiest people I have ever known”

Deah WV, nice to see I almost made it into the top three, but yer sure gawn put the cayut amoungst the critters, where do we go fummeer!

“Try is pretty good with his Geographamy, just not real clear with his lingo”

Hey Rocky; that's the awfullest lie you evr told me in your life. Boy am I fuming; call the far department, my house is afar. They should've been here about an ahr ago. That's AR dawg, not yours, he hadn't got ary cent.

“I'm much more souther. Almost to Clanton”

Oh Missy, I am so sorry, please accept my deepest sympathy’s. No whicherway about it would I be going so afar into hillbilly country. It ain’t fitten for a Mountain Man to be seen so afar southern.

Why; I bet you can see the Peaches Water Tower from your trailer!

You are right; all Pepsi is called Coke!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:41:03