"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

bigredsshop

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 04:29 am
Sadie is fine and thanks for asking. what I hate is typing up a nice long post only to have it swiped away by a uncooperative system thats asking me to log in when I should already be logged in. Razz :wink:
Good morning gang, Izzie hows you and yours? I will catch your reply later, top of the morning to all. Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 04:51 am
Hello Captain, Stevie and BigRed hope you are all well today, although I'm thinking Mr. Tour de France (Stevie) may be a little stiff today, proud of you my boy, that was a mighty effort. Izzie may well just give you the award of the week for outstanding service to the community!

Been a miserable cold wintry day here so we stayed inside and did some chores the "boss" had lined up for me. Amazing what you ladies can find when a man is inside, the mind bogles. Smile
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 04:59 am
hey who are you calling a "little stiff"?

Laughing
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:47 am
Steve that was a great description of your bicycle adventure -- well done! (I can believe you took Sunday off!)

'Morning Izzie and Dutchy. My day off but will have to get on MY bike (haha) and run errands this morning. See you later.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:52 am
Laughing

I am impressed Steve...did you by any chance ride down Nutfield Road in Merstham, Redhill? And get squirted with waterguns by a bunch of naughty children?

Just curious. My best friend lives there for a bit and wrote me about her child squirting a bunch of cyclers coming through. Just interesting that it all happened at the same time.

La! Crew...can I tell you that none of my children slept well last night? I think I got woken up....well three different times at least - by each one of them. I went to bed early too..all for naught.

I volunteered to tutor in East Lake today. This is my first time to do this. It is for underpivileged children and I am a little nervous. Mainly because it has been so long since I have done it. The boys will go to their Grandads today..next week they will come with me. I hope I do well...

Anyway...Izzie, Dutchy, JPB, DeeDee, Dev, Brooke, dj, Steve, VBV, Try, BigRed and anyone that my sleeplessly befuddled mind has forgotten...please have a good evening or day.

hugs to you all,
missy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:06 am
mismi wrote:
Laughing I am impressed Steve...did you by any chance ride down Nutfield Road in Merstham, Redhill? And get squirted with waterguns by a bunch of naughty children?
No. I ducked.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:08 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
hey who are you calling a "little stiff"?
Laughing

HA - K - so shouldn't make a comment there, should I?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz So laughing!!! Laughing

BEAgle - sleep well darlin' - see ya tomorrow. BIG warm sleep. x

BigRedDude - I'm doing k-ish - just going off to have a rest before I head out to my little fella's school - he has his "Leavers" BBQ today - so..... gotta be done - he will have a brill time I'm sure - Senior School in September! Shocked x

Missy - good on you for working with the kids - I'm sure you'll find it really rewarding - puts much into perspective too when we see kids who are much less fortunate than ours. Hope you get caught up on the sleep. Love you darlin' girl. Razz

TC - so good to see you and know you are having a day off today - not sure what the weather is like in your part of the world but hope you manage to get out and about. Take care girlie - lotsa love to you (((TC)))

Right....I am off to my berth for a bit (see, can take the docs orders occassionally) and then I will be back on the deck this evening - probably on the "pooped" deck.

Wishing everyone a fab day and lovin' y'all Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:09 am
Good for you!

I panicked when my friend clipped me into her bicycle...It is a scary feeling not having your feet be able to be free...she had to stop me and hold me up to get them off....I don't like them at all...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:11 am
mismi wrote:
Good for you!

I panicked when my friend clipped me into her bicycle...It is a scary feeling not having your feet be able to be free...she had to stop me and hold me up to get them off....I don't like them at all...

Oh Missy - now really, you should know better than to give me "visuals" before I settle down - I will be chuckling away for ages now - I can just picture you .... and I am giggling really badly!!!! Razz (my bad!)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:13 am
yeah Iz...I am good for that...and there are so many different ones to choose from. Welcome to my life :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:16 am
OH - JUST A QUICK TUNE BEFORE I GO.....

THIS IS FOR YOU STEVIE CYLING BOY

A KATIE SONG FOR YOU DIXIE GAL....oh, love Katie
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:18 am
Great song Izzie! Thank you so much! Have a good afternoon Izzie...
hugs,
missy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:27 am
mismi wrote:
Good for you!

They are definitely not for beginners. Fortunately no one told me so I persevered with them. You can certainly get more power into the the bike, and unclipping isnt a problem. Its REMEMBERING to unclip in good time before you come to a halt. Or having to stop suddenly with no warning. But its surprising how you can get used to them. It becomes like a Pavlovian reaction. Instead of salivating ahead of a food reward, fear of getting seriously hurt improves the memory.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:04 am
I'm not real graceful...therefore they are a thing for me to avoid :wink: I really think it is great though Steve...such a long way! And for such a good cause!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:11 am
mismi wrote:
I'm not real graceful...therefore they are a thing for me to avoid :wink: I really think it is great though Steve...such a long way! And for such a good cause!

You need a special saddle, don't you? Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:16 am
You want to explain that one to me dear Dutchy? :wink: Razz pthphtpth!

hugs...I have to go...I will see you all later!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:53 am
mismi wrote:
thanks mismi. I must confess I couldnt have done it a year or so ago. But really 70 miles in a day is no great distance when you see how far some people (and not just tour de france nutcases) cycle.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:44 am
Here's to Steve!! Let's celebrate with the whole crew! Woo-hoo!
http://www.basketsbyrita.com/images/champagne-full.jpg
mis-, love your real life stories. You're so honest. It's really refreshing! Very Happy
p.s. ... Although it may not be worth mentioning (she says in her best imitation of Eeyore), but I'm going to nip an extra bit of champagne or maybe I'll just hog the Dom - since it's me birthday...
Good day to all. No exciting plans today. Maybe I can finagle something on the week end. I here they're doing fireworks later this week just for me! :wink:
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:11 pm
Could I have a glass of the second one in, I have never had it before but I've heard it's fab. Congrats Steve, I always loved bike riding. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:34 pm
Hey crew.

(Eeyore is my fave...)

Happy B-day, Dev, an extra glass of Dom is within reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSbvEsynu2M

Rock
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 05:15:31