"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 07:34 am
Razz Ho Ho Ho! Big Sleep Bosun x
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:39 am
Hello all! Must have been something in the air last night, I couldn't sleep either! And I didn't even see a horror movie! - Can't watch those things! My mind just gets thinking on 'em too much & I'm in trouble. Haven't seen one in years! Sorry you had a crappy night, mis-. I didn't have the umption to come down to the computer or I would have ranted with you!
My hubby is a champion snorer, and we've tried everything (except c-pap. Right now he won't 'go there'. Once we get to sleep one of us has to leave, every night - really!

Brooke-y! I'm still in school. It's a year straight through for the masters. Oy! Still in class with a couple of breaks. (One coming up for the 4th of July - yay!) Glad you're getting a brain break! Oh, and when are we getting together?! Very Happy
There was an a2k get together a year or two ago in Chicago, but as luck would have it, I got the flu! Sad Evil or Very Mad

So sorry, about kitty, Iz-. Will be putting treats out for 'im. Hope he comes back real soon. Crying or Very sad
Hey, to everyone else!
Have a good day, y'all. I'm gonna need a nap some time today! Zzzzzzzz!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 11:14 am
Yo, Homies! The time in Alaska is exactly 9:14

Brooke honey, you may not believe this; but any decision you make before you are 30 is not the same as the one you would make under the same circumstances later. Of cause, it will take a decade for me to be proved right - check back and let me know!

Hey girls next time you can't sleep ; give me a call and we can count the number of vowels used in the poem by Anne Bradstreet:
In My Solitary Hours in My Dear Husband his Absence -

O Lord, Thou hear'st my daily moan
And see'st my dropping tears.
My troubles all are Thee before,
My longings and my fears.

Thou hitherto hast been my God;
Thy help my soul hath found.
Though loss and sickness me assailed,
Through Thee I've kept my ground.

And Thy abode Thou'st made with me;
With Thee my soul can talk;
In secret places Thee I find
Where I do kneel or walk.

Though husband dear be from me gone,
Whom I do love so well,
I have a more beloved one
Whose comforts far excel.

O stay my heart on Thee. my God,
Uphold my fainting soul.
And when I know not what to do,
I'll on Thy mercies roll.

My weakness. Thou dost know full well
Of body and of mind;
I in this world no comfort have,
But what from Thee I find.

Though children Thou has given me,
And friends I have also,
Yet if I see Thee not through them
They are no joy, but woe.

O shine upon me, blessed Lord,
Ev'n for my Saviour's sake;
In Thee alone is more than all,
And there content I'll take.

O hear me, Lord, in this request
As Thou before hast done,
Bring back my husband, I beseech,
As Thou didst once my son.

So shall I celebrate Thy praise
Ev'n while my days shall last
And talk to my beloved one
Of all Thy goodness past.

So both of us Thy kindness, Lord,
With praises shall recount
And serve Thee better than before
Whose blessings thus surmount.

But give me, Lord, a better heart,
Then better shall I be,
To pay the vows which I do owe
Forever unto Thee.

Unless Thou help, what can I do
But still my frailty show?
If Thou assist me, Lord,
I shall Return Thee what I owe.

Don't worry Lzzie, cats are plenty smart.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 11:34 am
Razz
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 11:53 am
Oh my...... hey, counting sheep could be good too a???????????? Razz

Oh what an afternoon - have just got in... and do I have a story to tell and Tulip, me, garden shed, table and electric saw!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Oh My Oh My Oh My Razz

However, gotta go sort the little fellas dinner!

Will be back soon Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 12:04 pm
Don't forget your own dinner Cool
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 12:40 pm
You either sister... :wink:
Hey there...

I'm going for my Sunday nap. Happy thing.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:23 pm
So….there I am, on the blower to Tulip and said "how's the kids, what you up to?" - little fella was up with her kids - so she says "come on over and see what we've done" Shocked

Oh No! I think - now what has she been demolishing! So, I get in the car… and wing my way up - to find the large garden shed she had …. has no front left on it…. and the kids had found all the leftover paint pots in the garage…. And had painted the inside all different colours…. JUST BRILLIANT. Very Happy

LOOK WHAT THE KIDS DID….(only had phone to take pic!)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01302.jpg

HOW BLOOMING GREAT IS THAT. Razz

The other walls are all different colours with the moon and the sun.

So, then…. she wanted the large garden table half in the shed and half out. Shocked So instead of having to build up outside the shed which is 6" off the ground - we decided to cut the legs of the table off one end! How good was that. We had such a laugh - we found this circular saw thing in the garage - hooked everything up, and had a good guesstimate of how much to cut off!!!!! We decided it was more fun doing it that way. Hey, who needs proper measurements and straight lines. It was fab. So chuffed with ourselves after. Now… half the table is in… and half of it is out. Now we didn't quite the measurement right…. so we won't be playing marbles on it - but we put some wedges under the other 4 legs on the grass and NO BL**DY WORRIES. Very Happy

Then we discovered the table will fit it widthways - but you cant walk past - so we then had to cut more of the side off - with the circular saw… MAD MAD MAD - but oh - what a good job - we nailed and hammered and then the kids got pebbles, crystals and "tut" and stuck them on with superglue inside.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/DSC01298.jpg

We think she may need to spray the inside - as it is emulsion paint - so when it rains…. Mmmm… will make a whole other picture…. But hey, that's coco - will just have to do it again. How happy is that. We left Tulip and the kids fnding things to stick in there, tho superglue ran out and the "copydex" didn't stick so good Shocked

Well, we may not be going out and saving the world or anything - but boy - we did have a bit of fun today.

They all did so well - they really achieved - it was so great to see what they spent the morning doing. Stars. Tulip was brilliant. She really is amazing. Razz Love her.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 02:19 pm
Hello Izzie, and crew. As I read, I see all is good at the new homestead. I'm truly happy for you.
I'm exhausted, played hard, so, I'll sum up a story with a few words.
Kayaking. Telescoping paddle. End of day, paddle wouldn't collapse. Two people. One in front seat of car. One feeding paddle through trunk. Paddle temporarily in. Front seat person tells trunk person: "clear". Trunk person is occupied by a butterfly. Front seater, takes opportunity to adjust paddle. Trunk lid is slammed. Trunk persons paddle end goes down. Front seat persons paddle end goes up. Front seat persons face tries to avoid speeding paddle. I can see out of my left eye today.
Off to a suprise dinner. They don't know I know. Good day.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 02:30 pm
Oh Alex.... love your stories so much - sending you a steak to put on your eye. I know, shouldn't be laughing - but AM - sorry - that was fab!!!! Thanku for your thoughts hun. It's a wonderful world.

K - so, you've been away for the weekend..... now off to a surprise dinner you don't know about.... could there be a birthday or something!!!!! a? a? a?

mmmmmm....

HAVE A WONDERFUL SURPRISE - I hope you can see everyone when you get there. Enjoy love.... for whatever reason you are being surprised. Happy Surprise xxxx

Lovin it Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 02:38 pm
slow down
slow down!

I'm on my way ...

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/94/69/22416994.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:02 pm
Hey - there's our EBGirl - hey there girlie. Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:08 pm
Ayup cap'n.

Can someone give me a hand up onto the ship? I've got potato salad and sausages in the hamper.

and no good grabbing the hamper and leaving me in the boat Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 03:28 pm
Ah ha - picnic on the deck girlie...

how happy is that - ooooooooooh love the boat yer in - it's a "messin' about on the river" boat - done a bit of that - though picturing Alex with paddle in car and then face on end of paddle brings new meaning to "paddled cheeks".

Here's the little fella when he was kayaking...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/9yrsa.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/9yrs.jpg

now that was messin' about on the lake - great fun! Shocked

oh..... pass the potato salad please.... mmm mmmm goooood!
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:25 pm
Good morning all - lovely weekend just shot by. Hope everyone is well and Izzieliz - about kitty - is it too far for him to have tried going back to your old place?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 04:56 pm
Good morning crew, starting a new week after a weekend I'd rather forget. They say all good things come in threes but for me it is always the other way round. Laughing

1. Saturday afternoon my local team lost the football.
2. Sunday morning the Dutch lost to Russia for the EK2008 title.
3. Sunday afternoon got pinged for going through a red light!

Thought I tell you the latter before Izzi does, she's been throwing a few hints around already. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 05:55 pm
Talking of which.....

here's a little ditty to get you started off for the day

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1JplvR5MX6s&feature=related

HA Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Indeedee - my kitty is about 5-6 miles from our other house - so I dunno know if he's trying to go home....

Gonna put a sign up in the Post Office tomorrow and a photo... and keep my toots crossed. I'm missing my boy! Sad Snoring and all.

Need to go to bed - pulled a late one last nite and gotta be in 5 hours!

Love to everyone - crew you are the very best. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 06:00 pm
Nite Muffin. Stinky is lookin' into yer cat trouble, he has a vast network... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk9ouBuj-4

RH
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 07:29 pm
Say Izzie thats some darn right nice plant life you've captured. :wink:
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 07:47 pm
Wow Dutchy - did you break a mirror or what?? That's a pretty good effort for one weekend. :wink: Good morning to Rocky and Bigred.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 01:26:48