"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:10 pm
The Black Pearl! You know what they say about not casting pearls before swine! And who's gonna clean the poop deck! Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:13 pm
Oh Tai-Chi

So laughing....

yep - well, good job we got the deckhand a? Very Happy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:16 pm
Okay Dev - that colour head but body is whitish beige colour. I think it is a girl (not getting down there at the moment)! Spam is funny but I will leave it up to the crew to find a name.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:26 pm
Gosh - who knew there were so many different breeds of pig!

Indeedee - ya know ya gonna have to go take a picture of the new arrival...... and let us have a look see.....

where are you going to keep it - can you pen it in - sty it in.... HOUSE IT!!!!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:28 pm
Yeah, that could be it! Saw others of that breed of that description. Apparently common in your neck of the woods, from what I can find.
I'm leaning toward Pygmalion if it's a girl. Very Happy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:35 pm
Pygmalion's good. Okay - as I have said we are on forty acres - now around the house and granny flat we have fenced off about five acres to keep dogs out and our dogs in - so at the moment it is running around in that area quite safe and has burrowed into the mulch heap and also dug a couple of furrows in the bark in the garden beds (also rooted up a few of my plants Twisted Evil ) so I think it has made itself quite at home in that area. All I can find out about what it eats is - corn, wheat, oats, barley, greens and some dried dog food. Any other suggestions guys?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:38 pm
K - googling.....

selected scraps from the garden and occasionally the kitchen - things like lettuces which have gone to seed, left-over boiled pasta, over-ripe bananas (with the skins on) and so on. Be aware that it is illegal to feed them any meat at all.

Pigs eat corn, potatoes, grains, etc.

PIG PELLETS!

SOIL - they eat soil!!!!!

Best bet I reckon is to phone the vet tomorrow (animal welfare) - if no-one claims PIGMALION then maybe get some pig pellets - scraps of anything looks a safe bet at the moment (just not anything with meat in it k) Smile
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:51 pm
Right - looks like down to the livestock supplies. Most of my kitchen scraps go to the geese.

Sounds like the beagle is enjoying himself.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 05:54 pm
Yep - he's off for a bush tucker trial....

Glad he's with the family - sounds very happy - misses everyone here tho.

Hey - you've got a good excuse for the subterfuge runs on a Wednesday now - PIGMALION FOOD RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:09 pm
Good thinking partner subterfuger!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:17 pm
Ship's Log

Hey to all. Was a quiet day on the deck but tonite....

Very exciting turn up for the ship - we got another ship's mascot. Now Stormy's Jazzie is already our resident dalmationÂ….

And now we have a PIG - Shocked

Now one little piggy went to market (oh no)
One little piggy went to town (kk)
One little piggy had roast beef (no - they aren't allowed meat products)
And one little piggy had none (thin pig)
And our little piggy turned up at DD's and .....................STAYED!

As yet - we don't know if we have a little (massive) boy pig or a pretty (voluptuous) girl pig - but the name PYGMALION (with a Y) seems a very nice name. Hoping Indeedee will send us photos of the lovely pig which is now mulching her garden, turning up plants and manuring for free. :wink: Deckhands to the poop deck thrice a day please - well, we don't have three little pigs - and fortunately no wolf on this ship! - so, three pooper scoops a day should be coco. Thanku. Very Happy

Here's the pooper-scoop - nice purple in colour...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/poop.jpg

So no worries on the poop deck! Pygmalion - welcome aboard! Very Happy

Lovely to see our Vegemite, Dev, Tulip, Alex, Missy, Tai-Chi, Indeedee all taking the helm today and a quick fly-by from the BEAgle.

We are having a "Free Spirit" party next Wednesday - HIPPY NITE at the HELM! Hoping all crew available will be able to have a few spirits and be a little wild and free. Oh yeah - we can do that a? STREAKING will be permitted! Rolling Eyes

Wishing everyone a great Thursday. To all those not onboard right now - we are thinking of you and wherever, whatever - hope to see you soon.

Insomniac watch in progress

Crew - you are the very Best. Smile
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:44 pm
Well Izzieliz that was a good post and captain's log.

No babysitting for me tomorrow however in-laws arriving so will still be busy. Mother's day on Sunday - don't know what we have planned yet but I have told everyone "I AM NOT COOKING"!!

Has your ma returned your car yet Izzieliz?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:54 pm
Ah ha - no - but i DID ask for thr return of the beast today - she replied - ""well you know you aren't allowed to drive yet" ( you know, in that motherly kinda tone Rolling Eyes ) - so i said "HA HA - knew you trying to keep my freedom mobile" away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So - it's coming back over..... yeah (actually, want rid of the big thing - it's a monster, but not got a clue how to sell a car Rolling Eyes ) so when I KNOW my ankle is safe to drive with (automatic car) I will venture out, probably at nite at first - haven't driven in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get behind the wheel of the car again... know what sounds kinda fickle and stupid - but, it's a big thing for me being out in the country.

Happy Days. Very Happy

How's Pygmalion doing - got ANY plants left?????

(know it's a bit of a pig gaining a pig - but it made my day girlie.) Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 08:21 pm
We won again...walk in the park. Easy breezy never behind for a moment. It was lovely unstressful game. Needed that.

Now, about that puttin' makeup on while backin' out of the garage Izzie- Laughing :wink: been there done that - knocked the mirror on the drivers side right off the car. Got in all kinds of trouble.

I am calling it a night sweet friends!

See you all tomorrow!
xxoo
mis
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 08:25 pm
Yeah - it has been a bit funny. You should have heard the girl when I rang the ranger's office - "you have a stray what???" Daughter is going to do a flyer tonight and we will drop them off at a few of the neighbours. Izzieliz I really don't want a pig. I would like a couple of llamas or alpacas in the compound but this pig is messy. I am waiting for munchkin to go down for a sleep and go out and assess damage.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 08:25 pm
Good night missy - yabber to you tomorrow. ((xx))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 08:32 pm
Yeah - can understand that hunni - hey listen, you've been a good pig-neighbour and taken Pygmalion in whilst on deserted bush track - opened up the compound ... and fed her. Hopefully the signs will bring foward her owners - WHO LOSES A PIG WITH A COLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Seriously -do hope PigFolk come along and relieve you of pig-poop duties. Beware of the eyes - pigs have long eyelashes and she may be a bit of a flirty gal if she likes her new digs!!!!!!

Now a LLama...... or Alpaca...... OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH!

Gotta head to the berth girlie - am wasted and can't even type...

Well done Missy - sleep big tonite.

Nite Indeedee - see you tomorrow and have brilliant day. Lovin ya. Very Happy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 08:35 pm
Night Izzieliz - have good dreams ((xx))
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:29 pm
peeking in again...I had to cook some porkchops I defrosted. I was scared they would go bad.

Have you thought any more about your bedroom DeeDee?

Hope you rest well Izzie...((BIG HUG))
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 10:47 pm
Hi missy - now I have decided to renovate whole bedroom so have to decide on colour scheme first then painting. Will keep you posted.

YAAAAAAA pig owner found. She is driving in the gate as I am typing. Thank heavens - I did not want to send pig off to council but I did not want it. So happy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 08:25:19