"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

rainkeeper

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:19 pm
For the Insomniac Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjcNCAzaVLE
Enrique Iglesias - Somebody's Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTgLQgpwRvQ&feature=related
Bob Seger - Night Moves

A Smile and a wave to all of the wonderful crew of the Yabber-liner.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 11:52 pm
Thank you rainkeeper for a couple of great tracks. Seeing that it is late at night your way, how about a romantic tune by one of my favourite artists, Armik, playing especially for you "Dancing Shadows". :wink: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3D3O6u2a8
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:00 am
izziee dearie twas touching to read ur star gaze nd ur memories flooding Smile it ok..you have made it till here!!!!and ur a reaallly really brave girlie..nothing can scare you now! not even looking back at those days..
the eagle is soaring high..loved ur humor sense buddy hahaha lol
"can u overbook us next week" hahahah tht was reaally a gud one!!
today being sunday i can't claim much time wit the pc..my movie freak here is gettng annoyd already.,. mismi its fun to read the tot's sports Smile u gt me actually visualizing them Smile post their pics if u can pls
and its ok..wat if uve repeated the posts ..uve turned th 300th page :wink: nd sent our izzie for her star gazing
flavor queen ..been sometime since we've met..hope to c more in the coming days..by the way tomorrow is our new year...kerala's new year nd as a part of ths we wake up nd first see al the best thngs possible..
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7238/vishukaniva4.th.jpg
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:43 am
I'm listening to "Dancing Shadows" right now Dutchy, and I see people dancing on a beach at night with soft lamps hung all around. They are wearing red. I think my mind has started dreaming without me. Smile

Toploader - Dancing In The Moonlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkmLEhFq44
Oh my gosh I am amazed at how much I just enjoyed this song! I hope my fellow insomniacs and ppls of far away lands do enjoy this here song. The video moves to the music too. Yay. I'm tired. That was lovely.
Well then.
So nice of you to join me tonight Dutchy.
Izzie, A good morning to you when you awake. May your day be as lovely as you are.
Izzie, Mismi, Flavorqueen, R o c k y, all y'all; We make eachother smile, and that's one of the most beautiful things.

Aargh. Me mind be hazey. Where's me hammok? Aah there she be.
The breeze is so very pleasant upon the deck tonight.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/363163127_d4ae9e898c.jpg
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:46 am
Hi all,

Thanks Dutchy would love to have a ride with you! Am keeping it short today will catch up later. It's that morning thing, I often feel low in the morning, so holding back those tears and thought would share this with you

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_WJb7B2FSHo&feature=related

EnjoyX
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:58 am
Aargh Verbybaby I didn't see you there.
I hope yee be gettin all the rain your heart desires.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1324/1107402683_d7f9d44ed5.jpg
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 03:03 am
To take you from being low to being high: Laughing
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/133217415_955521d9c2.jpg
Oh yes, and the most loveliest of song that I just realized but hours ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkmLEhFq44

Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 03:16 am
Verbivore nice to see you whilst everybody else is asleep, I love your sense of humour. May I be the first to wish you Puthandu Vazthukal for the big day tomorrow. I know you will be viewing kanni first thing in the morning but am wondering if you will make a rice kolam in front of your house? If so, I will fly by, and come and have a look Smile

Rainkeeper it must be getting awfully late for you, no wonder your mind is dreaming without you, you should have been in your hammock a long time ago. Thank you for your company also look forward seeing you on Wednesday night. :wink:

Very anxious to know how FlavourQueen pulled up last night, or should I say this morning? Bet those tootsies got a workout with the girls and why not, Mum had to to show them girls she's still got it eh. Laughing

Hello Black Tulip, a very good morning to you too, hang in there flower, the day will get better as time passes. Look forward seeing you later on and take you for a fly. I think we're all music lovers on this boat as the tunes that are submitted are just so incredible, I've enjoyed every one sofar. Thanks a million.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:39 am
Good Morning Verby, RK and Tulip not to mention sweet Dutchy and Izzie and the entire crew!

I hope you all have a great day...we will see whether I make it back today or not...we have baseball pics up at the park. We may go play after that. I am pretty sure I am going to want my Sunday nap too...we'll just have to see about that...

Tulip...thinking of you hon...You are doing amazing..."one step at a time" :wink:

see you all later!
mis
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 07:09 am
Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening

Well, I have awoken to the day to hear all this wonderful music and chat going on. Smile

Dancing in the Moonlight RK - one of my faves - danced this many a time around my kitchen!!!! Fab. Bob S and Enrique (swoon) Somebody's Me (song has big meaning for me - still! One of those strange moments that seem to happen on this ship) The Journey with our WW-WOM - thanku girlie - keep strong, and if you need a little bit more - I'm right here hun.

Dancing shadows: What I see when I close my eyes, is a bar-type place - more French cafe, which, tho there are other people there, the guitar is playing but only two people are dancing, the lady is wearing red - it's passion - like they are the only two people in the room. Intense. What beautiful music BEAgle - you can feel the music. Smile

VBV Vegemite - wishing you a wonderful vishu lunch and good tidings to you and yours always. Thanku for bringing your world to us.

Place : Kerala
Month : April 14th
Significance: Malayalam New year
Vishu is one of the important festivals of Kerala. It comes in the month of April usually on the 14th. According to the traditional Malayalam calendar, it is the 1st day of Malayalam month Medam which is the astronomical New Year. Traditional rituals are followed to bring in another year of prosperity.
'Kani-Kanal' is the main event of the day. The night before Vishu, the mistress of the house prepare the Kani. In a big pot, coconuts, a gold ornament, a new cloth, fruits, cereals and Konna (cassia fistula) flower is kept. Behind the pot a mirror and the garlanded deity of Krishna is kept. Around the deity, lighted lamps will be arranged. Early morning on the Vishu day, the master of the house sees the Kani and then the rest of the family follows. Children's are brought blind folded from their beds to where the Kani is kept. The elder in the family give money to the youngsters (Vishu kaineetam) and bless them. It is believed that the Kani we see and its good tidings will stay with you till the year ends. In Kerala, the Kani in the temples of Guruvayur, Ambalapuzha and Sabarimala are famous. Special pujas are held in these temples where the people go to worship and pray for a prosperous New Year.
The families then celebrate the day with joyous abandon by bursting fire crackers. The feast or the 'sadya' is prepared by the women of the household and the whole family sits down to enjoy the vishu lunch together.

Vegemite: I readÂ…

You have done exactly that VBV by posting your photo and bringing us into your world - thanku so much. Very Happy

Missy - hope the pics go well and the boys stand very tall with their Mama and PaPa. Hope you also get a "rest" in. Have a fab day darlin' girl. Smile

Wishing the crew a great day. See you on deck. Lovin y'all Razz
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:01 am
Hey guys! Very jaded FQ here. I had such a ball last night but danced for about 9 hours in the highest shoes. Sent a photo for Izzie to upload, but man, I can hardly walk today!

Was a fab party and kept going to the early hours... J baby had a fab birthday and we are very weary now . Xxx
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:13 am
Hi FlavourQueen well done, just what I expected, so pleased you had a ball. The Captain has an early unexpected visitor but will be around shortly again I guess. Take it easy, relax and read some of the postings here. Enjoy the rest of your day. The Eagle is abolut to land and settle down for the night.
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:24 am
OMG !! Not who I think it could be...thx for letting me know. You will have to wait to see the shoes I guess, as Iz is the wizz on the thread.

So glad you had a fun night too Dutchy.. So good to be out with friends!

Hi to the rest of the gang...loved catching up on all the celebrations across the world. Happy times to you all xx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:30 am
Who did you think it was babe...... ????????

MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! telling me to "open the mail" OMG - piles of paperwork - nooooooo - leave it in the envelope in the kitchen! Very Happy

(not likely to be anyone else methinks Rolling Eyes (shrug!))

anyhoooooooooooooo

here's your "toots" toots! Love you!

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9587/img00029ij5.jpg

HOW...

HOW DO YOU WALK IN THEM Laughing
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:37 am
Wow FlavourQueen they sure look fabulous, and what's filling them equally as good :wink:

Thanks for posting them Izzie, you're a wizard. Eagle off to his perch for a nap, see you all in the morning. Hugs to the crew.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:39 am
Nite Nite BEAgle - have a big sleep xxxxx Smile
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:15 am
hi all..am so happy to see th warmth of ths crew..I LOVE YE ALL!! Smile
eagle sire so kind of u to google my way again but i shud admit u gt a lill wrong way.but ur still close nd wat with those steady wings u still can reach fast :wink: "puthandu vazhthukkal" nd "rice kolam" r the specialities of tamil nadu..whch ofcourse is a very close state Smile nd they too celebrate april 14th as their new year i think..
but am still happy tht u took the effort nd wud be so happy to give you the "vishu feast" as u fly ths way Smile
(((((IIZZZIIEEE)))) no words abt ur sharpness!!! i was reading with open mouth ur posts!! u always take away th award dearie..no wonder ur the captain dearie..(nd do post in ur next post - ur sun sign!!)(i lov reading nd analyzing sun signs so..)
u both have made my tomorow special already Smile))
mismi nf FQ hiya to u both
FQ - nthng can let u down dearie remember?? people shud get arise afresh with u around nd ur aroma so soothing :wink: so dnt get jaded girlie..
nd where's our beauty DDx nd my Blue devil gone..he had askd for biriyani nd has never come ths way!! wats up wit him?? up to some mischief again? :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:28 am
Hey Vegemite

You sound so happy. A couple of hours until your New Year and the ship will be celebrating with you hunni - we are all prepared on the deck here too, little one (you'll have to let me know tomorrow if I get it right!!!!!! :wink: )

I'm a CAPRICORN girlie - stubborn as a old GOAT and climbing up mountains sure-footedly! Funnily enough, I believe the BEAgle is a Capricorn too. I would call him an old goat, but I know I might get some Eagle Poop land on my head!!!! Shocked

Our BlueDevilPink is a busy fella - but I'm pretty sure he'll be thinking of the crew and will get back on deck when he can. Don't worry - he'll figure out a way of making the "biriyani" a veggie dish. Our Indeedee has guests for the weekend and is probably having a ball. Happy Days. Razz

Wishing you a great day hunni..... and tomorrow we will celebrate with you. Very Happy
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:35 am
the Beagle is a Virgo Smile)
and am not surprised ur a goat dear..as intelligent as can be u surely are!!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:42 am
Bless you Vegemite Smile

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/4228/vishucardsm3by5.gif
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/19/2024 at 11:34:27