mismi

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 05:39 pm
@Sturgis,
Hope is a wonderful thing to be sure. Smile

Good to see you here. Wink
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 03:55 pm
@mismi,
Darling Mz Mis - I love you, thinking of you and all the love in your heart ((((((((((((((((((((((((Mis))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xox x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 03:59 pm
Rest in Peace ((((Taggers)))), my friend - you will be greatly missed in our world - thank you for your friendship - my love and thoughts for FiB and your son, family and friends xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Walter and EdgarB for letting us know of McTag's passing. xx

Love to the Crew x
roger

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 05:43 pm
@Izzie,
And it's good to see you around here again.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:17 pm
@roger,
What a lovely group.
roger

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Sadly, it seems there is no one at the helm of the Yabber Liner.
vonny

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 01:47 pm
@roger,
I wish someone would take a firm hold of it and set sail again.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:49 pm
Put pencil to paper/will donate twelve percent of gardens yield to the galley.
vonny

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 01:58 pm
@alex240101,
Probably too late - the old girl's sinking!
roger

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 02:27 pm
@vonny,
Help Wanted. Captain; Bosun
vonny

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 01:35 pm
@roger,
Plenty help around if the right skipper takes the helm.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 01:42 pm
@roger,
https://i.imgur.com/QKVBMLg.jpg
Your number plate ...
vonny

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2018 01:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Aye Aye Cap'n!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm
Hello sweet peeps! Yes. It is sad. Not like it used to be. I miss the fun times on the Yabber Liner. They seemed to be simpler times to be sure. I am homesick for y'all today. Smile Hope all is well with you all.

My daddy passed away in April after 10 years of fighting cancer, it finally got the best of him. He died on his birthday. Just like Shakespeare. I just didn't think it would get him this time either. I am still not quite sure I comprehend a world without Daddy.

The twins are gearing up to go to college. I am losing two of my babies in a month! I can't take all of this change. Change sucks. And yet - it's a necessity. blech.

Hugs y'all...

vonny

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 12:32 pm
@mismi,
So sorry to hear about your father, mismi. The loss of a parent is one of the most painful things we ever experience, but as time passes the sorrow is replaced by happier memories of all the good times we've shared with them, and we learn to laugh again as we recall those special moments that were so special to us. It will get better.

Great that the twins are about to start college - but you aren't really losing them, just making new memories.

As for the Yabber Liner - still here and still waiting for a refit!
Sturgis

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 04:01 pm
@mismi,
Sorry to read of your father's passing. Seems like he was a fighter there, holding together for such a time. Cherish the happy memories.

The twins at off to college? Eek! I haven't felt so old since my niece graduated college a few years ago. As Vonny said, not losing them, gaining new memories.

As far as our ship here goes, I guess we shall continue drifting for a time, going wherever the wind and currents carry us.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2018 04:26 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi. Very sad to hear about your father.

So many memories for you to hold on to.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 01:50 am
@mismi,
Ten years is a long time to fight. He must have been tough, like his daughter.

You take care, time does ease the pain, not as quickly as you'd like but it does ease it.
mismi

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 08:28 am
@vonny,
Thank you Vonny. I know - I think I am mourning the loss of a feeling? Maybe the loss of a way of life? I am not sure. But I am up to my eyeballs in trying come to terms of a house with my mama and no daddy. Of course I have amazing memories. And then a loss of a house not filled with boys but just my baby boy...who has his permit and is wanting to drive all of the time. Lord - already trying to get independent of me. hahaha! I do this every time big change happens...when I left for college, when I got married, when I got pregnant with the twins...I struggled over the new unknown. And I am doing it again. It always rights itself. I am just in the middle of coming to terms with it.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 08:34 am
@Sturgis,
Thank you as well Sturgis. Daddy was a fighter no doubt about that. He worked up until the last diagnosed cancer was found in October 2017. He was 77 years old and driving cars for Enterprise Rental. He loved getting up and going! So - he was a tough cookie. And a joyful one. Kept busy. He had to get a job to get out of the house though! Mama and he - loved each other fiercely but too much time together made them annoyed with each other! haha! So funny looking back on their relationship. She is adrift right now though. She's a little lost. But she will find her way. She is much like him in that she is a fighter. She just seems fragile right now - and that's not like her.

Trust me - I know what you mean. I feel pretty old right now as well. But I think that is because so much has happened in such a short time.

Love coming back to the ship. It's harder these days. Missing so many of our friends here.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:27:46