"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

roger

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 09:41 pm
@lmur,
At least we don't have to put up with that with American football.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 09:50 pm
@roger,

Is there a sport you like?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:11 am
@margo,
Quote:
Well...some are to be pitied!

My world is small margo - it is a little bigger these days. But I love people - love learning about them....but yeah...when it comes to sports I have a pretty narrow view. Pity me. Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:49 pm
So we are all through with All Stars.

I am working on getting my back yard back in order and many home improvement and maintenance chores around the house. I love summer. I really do. So thankful for the time to catch up with all of this stuff!

Anyway - just thinking about yall

Hugs
mis
vonny

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:57 pm
@mismi,
I love summer too - but not the home improvement and maintenance that's going on in our house at the present time. We're having a wet room put in to replace the bathroom, and the house is in a state of controlled chaos. The workmen have been in for three days so far - and they'll be here for at least another week at least before they finish. Sigh - good bunch of workmen, but the noise and dust are pretty horrific. Can't even escape to the garden because there is a steady stream of delivery vans and sundry workmen at the front door.

Thinking about you too mismi - hope you are well. Hugs to you!
mismi

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 03:37 pm
@vonny,
That does sound tedious - but how nice it will be when done. Is a wet room a room with a shower and sinks but no toilets? Essentially a shower room?
vonny

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:05 pm
@mismi,
A wetroom is a totally waterproof room equipped with a shower. The main way in which wet rooms differ from ‘traditional’ bathrooms is that rather than having a built-in, enclosed shower cubicle, the whole room effectively acts as the enclosure. Non-slip flooring is laid for safety. Some contain baths and loo's, but we prefer a separate loo, so our wetroom will contain only a handbasin in a vanity unit, and a walk-in shower.

They are great for anyone like me who has mobility issues - there's no need to step up or down into shower enclosures - just walk right in!

mismi

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:10 pm
@vonny,
That sounds lovely. Smile Hope they get it done quickly. I know that workman stomping around can be tedious!

Take care of you!

((Vonny))
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 09:14 am
Hi, everybody!

My son, Nathan, is now in Australia! He is working for his company's Sydney office until mid-October. (His company's headquarters are here in Chicago.)
mismi

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 10:17 am
@wandeljw,
That's fun! A long way from home though. How often will you get to see him?
wandeljw

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 10:49 am
@mismi,
It is only for a little more than three months. He will be back in Chicago on October 18.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:48 am
@wandeljw,
(((Hell0)))

I feel as if I have left here for a long time.. Wandel he will LOVE Sydney, he truly will it's a beautiful place and if he gets a chance he can hop on a plane for next to nothing and within less than an hour see all parts of Aussie Land, will he get that chance? I hope so, maybe before he comes home?

The only downfall is the weather Smile We are in Winter here and it's friggen cold let me tell you and no point "any of you" telling me about your weather as you will make me jealous Smile

Von, hope you got to enjoy that shower in that beautiful new sparkling bathroom of yours in all it's lovely colours ...

Thinking of Izzie at the moment and hoping she is doing much better and getting there.

Always think of all of you and for the most part I get to see ya and what you are up to here and there when I have time so I'm happy about that.

Don't talk football D watches it on his days off so I go back to work Smile

Sad and happy day for me, I just got "rid" of my investment property BUT I have about $2k to spend on fences to comply with the stupid new laws, when I grew up our parents watched us, there were no fences, no cutting down trees, no putting anything over bricks as they have a 3mm crack that a kid could climb I mean what?

And then, one of my Vendors passed away Sad such a lovely woman and she did everything for her man, thinking of him, left him a message.

Then a good note, we saw Michael (DUTCHY / BOSS)'s son at the air-port when we went to Melbourne for D's birthday and had a chat, what is the chances of that? Anna is doing ok, she is going to Port Lincoln for a couple of days with family soon and is keeping herself busy and has visitors and family still coming over .. She sends her (love)to you Izzie and has sent you the parcel.

I still have to send mine .............

I'd love to go on a small cruise to un-wind right about now.

Sending much love to all and hugs to anyone that needs it and erm, success with this pool carp for me...........

mismi Smile
wandeljw

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 08:40 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I told my son that I envied him. He told me to visit him in Sydney. He will only be there until October 18 (it is a temporary assignment to his company's Sydney office).
mismi

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:54 pm
@wandeljw,
I am glad he will get to go, Wandel. Not too many get that opportunity! Glad he is not going to be gone long though. Smile

Hello there Foundie! Good to see you. You are a busy gal to be sure! Hope all goes well with the fence building and stuff. Very cool that you got to see Michael and I'm so glad to hear Anna is doing well. Thanks for letting us know.

I am off to barbecue and swim at the pool for the 4th.

Happy day to you all!

Hugs
mis
ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:16 pm
@mismi,
Good to see all of you. I've been through a batch of life skirmishes lately, but so far so good on the health end of things - the cardiologist of some fame to me re last august's dramatic faint episode has, this last monday, set me free to see him on an as needed basis and sent me back to my primary physician for routine med prescribing. But other matters than health can get hairy and did, now subsiding.

The good news today, the internet is back.. it went off with the rains last night, I presume a lightening strike not here by me.

Izzie, love, I and we miss you dearly.

Wandel, happy for your son and his job travel.
Foundy, I bet his son is used to cold, being a chicagoan.
Wandel, it would be neat if you could make it there, but it is quite a trek.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:41 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

I told my son that I envied him. He told me to visit him in Sydney. He will only be there until October 18 (it is a temporary assignment to his company's Sydney office).

Well visit already! Bring your daughter! Come in September - it's a great time to be here!

It is cold now, but probably not to a Chicagoan. Today is just beautiful. The sun is out, the sky is shining blue and clear, the wind has dropped and it's about 18 degrees C. This is the middle of winter, people!
wandeljw

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 09:28 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

wandeljw wrote:

Well visit already! Bring your daughter! Come in September - it's a great time to be here!

It is cold now, but probably not to a Chicagoan. Today is just beautiful. The sun is out, the sky is shining blue and clear, the wind has dropped and it's about 18 degrees C. This is the middle of winter, people!

I would love to go to Sydney. I may not be able to get a trip together, though. Nathan agrees that the temperatures are nothing compared to Chicago winters. Smile
margo

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 03:12 pm
@wandeljw,
A combination of Air New Zealand and United appear to offer the best fare combination, Chicago to Sydney.

Cathay Pacific prices are not too bad.

skyscanner.com

Get on with it!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 03:19 pm
@margo,

Go get'm, Margo!!!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 04:25 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
I am off to barbecue and swim at the pool for the 4th.

Well, shirt, now I am jealous Smile

How the heck do you smooth a palm tree? That's the next venture, before I can settle................................

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:54:33