"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:02 pm
@Stormwatch,
Quote:
mismi how did the boys do with their all stars tournament?

They both ended up third. Didn't make it to the final championship. Very disappointing Stormy. This will be J's last year. He is going into 9th grade next year so it will either be playing for the school or rec league. He will try out though. I will let you know how he does.

G's team totally blew up. They were contenders to win it all. Our little catcher - and you have to remember - they are just 11 - so young! Hard to sometimes when they are so disciplined and make such amazing plays - but he blew up. We had already lost one of our kids to vacation. So when our catcher got frustrated with a botched play he zinged the ball to the pitcher and hit him in his collar bone...knocking him out for the day. Seriously....we couldn't sit his little fanny out because at that point we only had 9 players. From a mama's standpoint Stormy - I was very unhappy. So - we lost. The boys played their best - but without our best pitcher - we floundered. Made me sad.

My 14 year old is on a little league All Star team. He actually participated in travel ball tournaments rather than the regular little league championship tournament. That was tough on them - because they aren't like the regular travel ball teams. They have only played together as a team for the last month. So they struggled...but they ended up third. Not bad considering.

What's going on with your baseball players? Smile
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 09:06 pm
@mismi,
Awww sorry about the disappointing end to their season. I get it though, I hate when those uncontrollable things happen that can break a game. We've been there too. It really ticks me off when it's the umps that blow a game.

That's exciting that J will be be going into high school. I wish him well with try outs...I'm sure he will do well.

N. just finished up his last year playing for the high school team. He's taking his last finals tomorrow and graduating on Friday. Yikes where has the time gone? He will be playing Legion ball for the summer. It goes to age 19. Then he will be playing ball in college next year.

I love the baseball season, but it's bitter sweet when it ends.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 08:36 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Quote:
mismi how did the boys do with their all stars tournament?

They both ended up third. Didn't make it to the final championship. Very disappointing Stormy. This will be J's last year. He is going into 9th grade next year so it will either be playing for the school or rec league. He will try out though. I will let you know how he does.

G's team totally blew up. They were contenders to win it all. Our little catcher - and you have to remember - they are just 11 - so young! Hard to sometimes when they are so disciplined and make such amazing plays - but he blew up. We had already lost one of our kids to vacation. So when our catcher got frustrated with a botched play he zinged the ball to the pitcher and hit him in his collar bone...knocking him out for the day. Seriously....we couldn't sit his little fanny out because at that point we only had 9 players. From a mama's standpoint Stormy - I was very unhappy. So - we lost. The boys played their best - but without our best pitcher - we floundered. Made me sad.

My 14 year old is on a little league All Star team. He actually participated in travel ball tournaments rather than the regular little league championship tournament. That was tough on them - because they aren't like the regular travel ball teams. They have only played together as a team for the last month. So they struggled...but they ended up third. Not bad considering.

What's going on with your baseball players? Smile

Wonder what is was Missy said?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 09:04 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Wonder what is was Missy said?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one Smile
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:24 pm
A2k/yabber-liner I discovered years ago. It was a constant steady. I still peek in time to time . I smile. Today I did not. I am beaming though inside in regards to all the beautiful people here.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:41 pm
@alex240101,
Hey there! what's in the garden?
alex240101

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:25 am
@ehBeth,
Hello ehBeth.
Butterfly bush bouncing back after a harsh winter.
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/alex240101/100_2018_zps0eccbeb9.jpg

Coming soon: Vegetables and fruit.
verbivore

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:01 am
@alex240101,
MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO TWO LOVELY LADIES ON BOARD! Pity that I dont know to post all those pics - images - whatever here! Im not even able to use colorful fonts!
not a worry there are plenty others who can do that Smile
Smile wish you both have a blast..wish the day, the year to come is great and you have many returns of such wonderful days!
verbivore

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 04:27 am
@verbivore,
I actually dint write the names here - Its Foundys and ehBeth's Bday today..

Edit [Moderator]: Member's real name changed to Able2know username
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:38 pm
@verbivore,
Hey there Verbs, words mean more than photos Smile Don't you stress, thank you for your wishes, Ms Eh-Beth better be celebrating with a glass of champagne or something, right about now, even if it's 10pm at night, 7am in the morning for me, I had mine last night Wink Thanks Verbs x

Missy- It sure does suck when it's out of your control... smile x

Gardens.. I wish you could take a Tulip and get rooted no seriously, I just realised what I wrote haha. You know what I mean, D bought me a beautiful ring, then there were a dozen Tulips on the table when I got home, a little cake in the fridge and some yummy French Champagne. I do think I was a tad spoilt...as it should be? Heck ya only need to turn 36 once right? Wink
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 03:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
lemon-lime fizzy water to celebrate Smile

our office finished up the pack for a big move today - more errrrr glow than relaxing - but there were lots of hugs, a few kisses, several singing phone calls - all wonderful Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:35 pm
@margo,
It's baseball talk...sorry it was so foreign. Smile I know Stormy knows so I lapsed into my colloquialisms.

Smile

It just meant we lost in a most unhappy way. I am good with losing when it is because we just couldn't beat a better team....but when we lose because some are not committed or because one has temper issues, it makes me sad.

Alex...sweet Alex. So good to see you. I smile.

Thank you Foundy - quite the unsatisfying weekend.

BUT - I picked up baby b from my mom and dads and spent a couple of days at the beach with my family and it was lovely. Shark infested - but lovely in spite of it all...

Hugs you all,
Missy
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:12 am
@FOUND SOUL,
My mother was always 39.
vonny

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 02:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Must be something about that generation - mine was always 35! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:08 pm
@mismi,

mismi wrote:

It's baseball talk...sorry it was so foreign. Smile I know Stormy knows so I lapsed into my colloquialisms.

Heh! You ever hear them talk about cricket?
lmur

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:20 pm
@roger,
One does not talk about cricket. Rather one waxes lyrical about it.
Talk about cricket. Pfftt.
vonny

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:26 pm
@lmur,
One also waxes lyrical about tennis Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:51 pm
I'm learning to enjoy the "beautiful game", football/soccer. Seems a free for all, but really isn't. Every four years I learn some new stuff about it.
mismi

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 05:00 pm
@ossobuco,
We've totally loved FIFA this year. The boys have never really been interested in it...but this year they have been very into it. Smile So of course that means I have been as well....

Roger wrote:
Quote:

Imur wrote:
Quote:

Love the waxing lyrical about Cricket....

Have you seen Million Dollar Arm? Funny quote:
[referring to Cricket] "It looks like an insane asylum opened up and all the inmates were allowed to play."

If you don't understand Cricket - it does kind of look like that.
margo

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 09:32 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Roger wrote:
Quote:

Imur wrote:
Quote:

Love the waxing lyrical about Cricket....

[referring to Cricket] "It looks like an insane asylum opened up and all the inmates were allowed to play."

If you don't understand Cricket - it does kind of look like that.

Well...some are to be pitied!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 05:28:05