"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:00 pm
@Stormwatch,
Wonderful photographs Stormy, thanks for posting, you have all the reasons in the world to be a prod Mum.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 01:28 pm
@Stormwatch,
Stormwatch wrote:

My little girl 20 years ago on her first day of kindergarten and today on her first day of being a kindergarten teacher. Proud mom!! Very Happy

http://s15.postimg.org/e1rrcrscr/dl_Attach_php.png
image upload no compression

http://s30.postimg.org/axxhdb07l/P1220269.jpg
20mb image hosting

Bless her, Stormy - am so happy for you and yours and how gorgeous is she... love this. Congratulations to y'all xxxxxxxxxxx
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 03:08 pm
@Izzie,
How wonderful to be able to create the exact photo as in the way she is standing with her bag, years later.

What a beautiful looking child and young lady.. Such a warm loving smile.. Lovely Stormwatch, congrats to her.
Izzie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 05:40 am
@FOUND SOUL,
It’s so hard to write these days.

Danny, Our Bosun, is in hospital – a year to the day – he’s been getting more and more poorly over the months and is unable to do a great deal... the last few weeks it has been more and more difficult for him to breathe and he can only take but a few steps, but then he's exhausted.

We speak each week and yesterday, he could just manage a few words. He's making choices/decisions now - he knew he needed to be in the hospital.

An ambulance took him to the hospital this morning and he is on the dialysis ward. The cardios will go and see him there and I hope and pray that they will be able to do something for him to keep him comfortable and improve the quality of his life.

I’ve had a long talk with Anna this morning – love her, this is such an emotional struggle, she is an incredible lady and as I've said before, a tower of strength – she just wants him to be better. He is so very tired. Thankfully, and most importantly, Danny is not in any pain. This is a blessing.

Danny made the decision to go into hospital and he knows this is the right thing for both him and Anna at this point. If the doctors can do something to improve his quality of life, then this is the place he needs to be at this time.

I’m so sorry, I don’t know what else to say right now but I will keep you all posted. Many of you have known Danny, albeit in this cyber-family and community of ours, for very many years. Please keep all your prayers, good wishes, whatever it is you do, going for him.

I will be speaking with Anna again in a couple days and hopefully, we’ll know a little more then. Meanwhile – sending love and hugs Down Under and to all those who may need one.

((((((Danny&Anna)))))))

((((((((((((((((((Crew))))))))))))))))))))x
Stormwatch

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:04 am
@Izzie,
I'm so sad to hear this. My prayers are with him and with a very strong Anna. Hugs to our Danny.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:35 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
I’m so sorry, I don’t know what else to say right now but I will keep you all posted.

You've said the right thing, told the truth, and that's all you can do.

We're all rooting for Danny.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:25 am
@Izzie,
Hoping and praying that things will get better. Brave Dutchy and brave Anna. My heart goes out to both of you - as do my wishes for the cardios to be able to help in some way.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:40 am
@Izzie,
Appreciate the info, just wish it had been more to the happy side. Danny has made a wise decision and hopeful the medical staff will be able to figure what is going on and help him.

In the meantime my thoughts are with him and his wife, along with as many positive vibes as I can generate their way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:19 am
Thank you for telling us, Izzie. Thinking of you, Danny and Anna.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:37 pm
@Izzie,
I am so sorry to hear that Danny has been doing so poorly. I do hope that they will be able to improve his condition now that he is in the hospital.

I'll be keeping both Danny and his wife in my thoughts, and sending supersonic positive vibes their way.

Thanks for the update, izzie.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 02:30 pm
Thoughts and healing prayers for Danny, Anna, and all of their loved ones.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 03:34 pm
@JPB,
You're a treasure (((IZZIE))) and I know, he thinks the world of you and enjoys your calls and hand made presents. They are beautiful people with beautiful friends, cyber or real.

Thanks for always being there for him and us, in letting us know...

Hugs to Danny and Anna... I'll be sure to do that in a few days, for you all and a big one from you Izzie....

0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:48 am
@Izzie,
So sorry to hear this, but it's good to know that he isn't in any pain.
Sending my best wishes to Danny, Anna and their family.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:03 am
I thought I would drop a line as I know Danny is poorly. He has been one of those major people in my life keeping me strong and I would like to keep him strong if I can. Feelings are running hard at the moment and Danny if you are reading this, you have been an amazing person for so many people in this world, we are sending hugs and healing thoughts. Keep safe our eagle, fly strong and remember you have so many people rooting for youXXXX
verbivore

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:48 pm
@annis,
Send him my regards..Hoping and praying he gets well soon..
Tell him - cant wait for him to get back to the threads!
He will be back with a bang verry soon ((((((BEAGLE))))!!!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 01:17 am
@verbivore,
I'd like to offer.

If anyone wants to send Danny a note. PM me for my business email address and head it Danny in a word doc, I'll then print it un-opened and collectively give them to him hopefully on Sunday....

I don't believe his eyes are doing the best either at the moment and because of his problem he can't do the distance to where he needs to go to get them fixed.. YOU CAN TYPE BIG it will make him smile as well.

Kel

vonny

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 05:27 am
@FOUND SOUL,
HI DANNY

SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE BACK IN HOSPITAL AGAIN! LET'S HOPE IT WON'T BE FOR LONG THIS TIME. DO GET WELL AS SOON AS YOU CAN AND RETURN TO US HERE ON A2K. THE GAMES THREADS ARE JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!

LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO YOU xx
Izzie

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 05:27 pm
@vonny,
Dear Crew

Updates on our Danny.

I've spoken with Anna a couple times since I last wrote but had to get this straight. KP's also spoken with Anna so this is great.

There’s a little hope in that, with oxygen, Danny’s breathing is just slightly improved and his BP has just raised a little bit...

I know that anything written here can be read by anyone, so I’m trying to choose my words carefully, honestly – but fairly measured. Black and white words sometimes get lost in translation. Anna doesn’t use the computer but Danny’s grandchildren may.

Danny’s been here since 2005 – ha, such good times at the beginning of this thread in 2008 – what a laugh we were having... and it still makes me laugh every day when little bits of info fly through my so called brain. Danny’s a part of many folks lives on a daily basis and I know folk are worried about him so, we'll keep you informed.

Y’all know that Danny’s heels were bad (they're still not good) and that he had picked up a (golden) staph infection during his time in hospital (grrrrrrrr). He was being treated for 6 weeks with IV antibiotics in his home... but somehow, over the holiday period, this stopped and to my knowledge, he then wasn’t given the prophylactic antibiotics which he’d been told he would need to be on for his lifetime. I asked Anna about this on Sunday... and she didn’t know why he hadn’t been given them. So, long and short, the toxins in his blood aren’t able to be controlled – the previous antibiotics won’t touch the bug going around his body. I’m very aware of the reality of the “Septicemia” word, which much loved crew members who will read this, have been affected by when another A2Ker had this. Possibly this may be, probably is, the cause of why his heart just can’t work properly.

The doctors have started some new antibiotics on Monday.

They’ve also made another suggestion that Danny will not allow, but that I don’t wish to talk about that here. So it’s a bit of a waiting game to see if the bug is resistant to these new meds or whether they will help.

Next week they’ll put a camera (ultrasound) into his heart to see if there is damage and make a decision depending on what that shows.

Meantime, Anna is remaining strong for him and doing what she has to do to get through this time.

Danny is struggling and he wants to make sure things are in place – which is terribly hard for loved ones to accept, especially his lady. He’s not inviting the inevitable that we all will reach eventually – but what our spring chicken is doing, I believe, is getting his eggs in the basket.

There is nothing more, right now, that I would like to see, than Danny jumping aboard and saying “this ‘ole codger is bavk, start scrubbing the decks”... in reality, this isn’t going to happen in the immediate future.

Much depends on the antibiotics and his breathing improving. If they can get a grip on the bug, though they can’t rid his body of it, but if his breathing improves to allow him to at least be able to take a few steps ... if he can then go home and get the right sort of care to keep him comfortable and to help Anna too, then that is what I hope will happen.

KP (Foundy) is hoping, if possible, to visit with Danny on Sunday or Monday, so if any of his friends would like to send him a note or a poem or a picture or anything, a few words of encouragement... then please do PM FoundSoul.

KP is struggling as I am here... so I just wanted to say a big thank you to her for being our eyes and ears in Oz and the support she’s giving to Danny and Anna, which is tremendous. She will hold his hand for me when she visits and let him know how loved he is... and when everything is said and done, if you can feel that love from family and friends, then you can be at peace.
I know this won’t sound all hopeful and promising and all... but I simply can’t do that – I can only say it how I see/feel it.

I’ll continue to hope and pray and send all the strength in the world that Danny will improve and be able to go home and be with his wife. That's what I'm sending my healing thoughts for...

NOW – I wrote all that earlier and won’t change it... BUT... I just spoke with Danny – and I have to say, he sounded better than he did on Sunday. He is very breathless but he’s has absolutely no pain whatsover. That is so good to hear. He physically can’t do anything but lay/sit in the bed; he has only good things to say about how wonderful the nursing staff are, how dedicated they all are and how they are looking after him. He’s seen that many doctors and no-one’s coming up with a fix... they are going to put a tube in his arm so that he they can give him all the meds they need to.

It’s going to be 42degC in Adelaide today – last week at 40 degrees Danny was still wearing a jumper – he’s very cold but being in the cooler hospital now, his heart won’t be working hard because of the heat. He’s having visitors during the day so that is really, REALLY good (good, not sure that's the right word) news – if y’all remember last year, he had stopped all visitors at one point – so I’m taking that as a really positive sign that he is more at peace now. I asked him how he was feeling in his head and he said that, today, he was OK – he’s just frustrated at not being able to do anything at all and that breathing is such an effort.

I can’t tell you how reassuring it was to hear his voice.

My thoughts haven’t changed from everything I wrote earlier – now though, well, just being able to tell your friend that you love them and know that they heard you, makes my heart more peaceful.

Anna and I just had a chat too and she’s sounding stronger – she has a wicked sense of humour (toilet seat stays down!)– she’s frustrated with all this too – she says if they could just do something so that he was able to go for a coffee somewhere or just walk a little bit... then his quality of life would be better.

However, I’m rambling and as KP knows, I’ve been doing a lot of rambling today, sorry ‘bout that – so I’ll shall sign off ship to shore now and we’ll keep you all posted.

http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Love%20Animated%20Emoticons/butterfly%20heart.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Crew))))))))))))))))))))))))x
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 02:12 am
@Izzie,
You have a habit of making me cry ...........................................

((((IZZIE)))

I have received a few PM's actually and I've already received emails so please, PM me in which ever way you want to, to send it in a Word Doc so I just print or via just email and I will print. I know you don't know me, but it will go straight into an envelope your words to Danny...

I will go on Monday unless I receive all emails I am expecting, then I will go on Sunday.

Izzie you can count on me holding his hand for you but also, gosh, Danny is so loved... I too will hold his hand and then the third time, for all here. I will also cut and paste some messages here so don't worry, they will get to him.

I am fleeting through as my work today was 14hrs, all good but so tired. To me, Danny held my hand through this place, I've never been to a place like this, if he didn't hold my hand I wouldn't have stayed.. I'm grateful to him for that, because I've met some beautiful and wonderful people because of him and I've met him and Anna in person... I've read so much of others that have felt the same way. He is like an Angel but then, also needed some, also witches because he sees that as wicked .... Hey Von. Glitter.

SHALL give you a full report on my visit. Izzie, I'm just the lucky one that lives in Aussie Land. If he had a wish, he'd visit you in person.. But, you and I know he doesn't have to. Real friends in live are from the soul.

KP
vonny

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 05:40 am
@Izzie,
Thank you very much for the news, Izzie. Fingers firmly crossed that the new antibiotics will work and help Danny back to better health.

I hope and pray that Danny will improve soon. So good to see your and KP's updates and to get an idea of what's going on.

PM of love and encouragement duly sent to KP for Danny. Heartfelt healing vibes being transmitted from England, day in and day out.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.15 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 01:32:21