"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 08:19 pm
@ATMickey,
I know wandel well, having met him several times at the a2k Meets in Chicago.
ATMickey

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 08:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi edgarblythe and cicerone imposter! Nice to meet you both! Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 09:02 pm
@ATMickey,
Hi Annie - welcome to Able2know. It's great to meet you here.
verbivore

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 11:03 pm
@ehBeth,
welcome to A2K ATMickey Smile good to see you here
its been a while since ive seen the captain around here...anyone any clue? hows she faring>?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 12:06 am
@ATMickey,
Glad you're here, Annie
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 02:56 am
@wandeljw,
Hi Annie, lovely to see a new face on Yabber-Liner. I'm still pretty new here myself - January was my first visit - and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. I hope you get just as much pleasure from joining the crew - you'll certainly get a warm welcome ... I did!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 03:22 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Welcome, Annie. Your father is one of my most admired persons on a2k.

Not only that, he's incredibly proud of Annie.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 04:16 am
@ATMickey,
Mmmm, Why am I singing " Oh mickey you're so fine, you blow my mind, mickey" Wink

Ok, seriously... I think ...

Mmmm.

Ok..

I seem to have a nice feeling about Foundie Girl.... has a good thought to it, and ring.

Thank you for asking Wink
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 05:04 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Ok...

First ((((((IZZIE))))) thinking of you get better and get back here, you are missed.. Anna sends her love and felt that you were a bit down when you spoke to her on "Mother's Day" yes, that is what she said that you rang her on that day, bless... How beautiful. She thinks you are special Smile Who doesn't.

So... Yes, Anna just rang me, how much can a person take?

Dutchy had blurred vision a day or so ago I gave his message in my 2nd to last post here . But I guess he wanted me to let you all know what's next...

Anna said two weeks ago he got his eyes tested and they said he is perfect no change in five years but they did not test for cateracts ( sorry no spell check) .. Someone? I like learning.

She is upset because today he told them of the blurred vision and they booked him in.. He has them and that is why he can not see. So she is upset that he was told he was fine. Can they change in like 2 weeks? Poor Anna she is always questioning and getting mad and I don't blame her.

He is hoping to go home on Monday but she is worried if he can't see? I recall my grandmother having an operation yes, another for Danny in August on his eyes, before that, they gave her "goggle glasses" and she could see. So I've asked Anna to ask if he can be fitted in the meantime with different glasses to get him home enough to see.

This is very sad to me, but, but, things come in 3's right? So this is it, once done, that's it... Full mend that's it.

I told Anna I would let everyone know. He also no longer has a computer for now. So his chirpiness is on hold. Just for now...

Sending hugs and well prays for both ............. He WILL go home next week I know it. The rest they will work together with.

I will call Anna early next week. And, Izzie, I've said you are not feeling your best at present, cold weather etc, so she knows you will call when you can.

Good side is he got over the biggest hurdle, still, more ... but small yet, still frustrating and difficult when you feel you are ready and yet, it backfires.

MORE HUGS sent from my end...............

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 05:20 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
This is really my daughter. She told me today that she registered, so I asked her to introduce herself here.

I wouldn't dream of allowing anybody I know come on here who is aware of who I am. If it happened by accident I would leave. The inhibitions are horrendous.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 05:24 am
Thank you everyone for welcoming Annie. Annie was recently visited by her brother Nathan and her sister Katrina.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2872/8800584816_d799545946.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:18 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I wouldn't dream of allowing anybody I know come on here who is aware of who I am. If it happened by accident I would leave. The inhibitions are horrendous.

Don't you think the reason for that is that you aren't really being who you are here? I totally get wanting to have a safe place. It just tells me that Wandel is who he is wherever he is.
mismi

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:24 am
@mismi,
Hi there Annie! So glad to have you here with us! Your dad is a great guy! I have loved seeing your family over the years. Smile

Hope you all are well. This is the last day of school for the boys. Summer is here finally. Happy Happy Joy Joy! We are busy as usual -

Hugs to you all!
mis
0 Replies

ATMickey

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:34 am
@FOUND SOUL,
HaHaHa. I LOVE that song which is why i chose that name! Very Happy And BTW, i will call you Foundie Girl since you are more comfortable with that name Very Happy!!

spendius

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:56 am
@mismi,
I think quite the opposite mismi. Able To Know and Ask An Expert are not labels I associate with personal relations.

Both Emily Bronte and Jane Austen hid their identities as long as they could. An Italian author of some note said that he would never publish a book while his mother was alive.

I think you are defining "being who you are" the way you want to. I am as much who I am as I dare to be. I have pushed the boat out a small number of times but only in regard to minor matters.

mismi

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 08:57 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Both Emily Bronte and Jane Austen hid their identities as long as they could. An Italian author of some note said that he would never publish a book while his mother was alive.

That was because they were afraid of criticism don't you think? Female authors were frowned upon. And hello...who wants your mother to read your book? Especially if it were of questionable morals?

I think people who are who they are wherever they are would not care if friends and family joined a site they were part of. They are not afraid of criticism. It is only those of us who are escaping who we are that avoid having folks we know in 3D coming where we have our alter egos. Worlds collide...

See?

But who really wants the Spendi we know to cease to exist? I am not saying anything is wrong with it....I like it. I am pretty sure we would be surprised at some of the folks if we really knew them in person.

spendius

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 10:10 am
@mismi,
Quote:
I am pretty sure we would be surprised at some of the folks if we really knew them in person.

I know you would be. I don't think you would with me though.

I have chided Auberon Waugh (of blessed memory) for having his writing partially disabled by sitting down at the dining table with a wife and daughters who he knew were reading his productions. Ms Austen was far more incisive about the relationship between men and women, and more useful, that ever Mr Waugh dare be. He wrote of incidents, large ones maybe, but not of fundamentals. Hence he was incapacitated on the subject of Islam. And feminist entryism of Media.

I feel that your position assumes that there are no things we should not discuss. We are required to allow that wande's daughter has no faults. And we are required, now that we know she reads A2K, to avoid giving him a good stuffing like I often get. From now on it is the kid-glove treatment for wande I'm afraid. I have no such protection. His promotion of atheism can not properly be challenged anymore. Nor can his campaign in favour of the teaching of evolution in secondary schools.

Many is the time I have dealt kindly with Setanta because I know Beth reads here. Same with others.

I am used to it from going in pubs every night since I was 20 and on Saturday night when wives were often present the conversation took a more simpering tone.

Why the tradition of ladies withdrawing from the dining room when the cigars and brandy appeared? Sexist pigs eh?

mismi

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 11:17 am
@spendius,
Oh la.

Of course there are things some won't discuss in open forums. That happens in 3D life as well. Private issues are private issues. I don't want to hear about anyone's sexually transmitted diseases or of the corn they have on their big toe. But of course they are welcome to share it....just as I am free to skip those threads.

I will just bet Wandel would not want you to treat him any differently for Annie's sake. Just as I expect you should be prepared for her to defend her daddy. Razz

I do appreciate sensitivity Spendi. Would you like me to be your defender? I could sign on as your dear daughter and chastise any who would dare rake you over the coals for your blather. Wink

By the way - I am all for the men withdrawing to the other room. I have my own bawdy discussions to be a part of with the simpering women folk. Wink

spendius

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 11:20 am
@mismi,
Quote:
I don't want to hear about anyone's sexually transmitted diseases or of the corn they have on their big toe.

Those are not the sort of things I was referring to.
mismi

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 11:21 am
@spendius,
gotcha

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:36:04