"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 06:54 am
@Izzie,
That is my favourite song when I am swimming on my back.

Drives the doggies' Auntie B nuts Laughing
Izzie

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 08:46 am
@ehBeth,
Dancing now...

let's cha cha cha Razz
vonny

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 02:27 pm
@Izzie,
More dirty dancing..... Razz

hot hot hot - just the thing to warm up a cold April night!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 02:45 pm
I was just scavenging in the A2K dumpster when I found a part used jar of Vegemite; so naturally my thoughts turned to Dutchy. So instead of smearing its savoury extract over a partly eaten bagel resplendent with sugar sprinkles, I will keep it in case he ever comes to visit under Interstate 59.

I hope y’all had a good and happy Easter.

Oh lerd, ‘Dirty Dancin’… I know someone that needs saving from the devil hisself!
Ye must be born again (John 3:5).

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 02:58 pm
Some Tuki style hip hop dancin' from Caracas will amaze and enchant, I hope.

Slide show -
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/photobooth/2013/03/slide-show-janette-beckmans-photographs-of-tuki-in-caracas.html#slide_ss_0=1

a couple of the photos -

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/photobooth/2013/03/slide-show-janette-beckmans-photographs-of-tuki-in-caracas.html#slide_ss_0=3
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/photobooth/Caracas-Beckman-05.jpg

Of course I can do all that . . . . in my mind.

Wishing Dutchy et al could access wifi (not that I know what the hell that is exactly; some sort of magic).
mismi

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 03:07 pm
@ossobuco,

I am dancing too...my favorite right now. Not real prevalent around these parts...thank goodness for Sarina Jain and youtube!

Thoughts are with you all. Hope Dear Dutchy continues to get stronger and stronger and we get to see him SOON!

It's cold and wet down south....but my car is covered in pollen...so I know spring is here....but brrrr. Hate being cold still!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 03:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Last time I swam on my back, I had goggles on......and was being taught how to swim.......and all of a sudden, some one knocked on my erm, goggles, cause I had fallen asleep floatingggggggggggggg.. Think I was 5 Smile

Dirty Dancing, reminds me of Patrick Swayze Sad he was great......................

Sure will Izzie, but first to try the Hosptial by phone re the TV/Computer there, ..........................I know he is resigned to he hasn't got one, but oh no, that's not going to happen..........He needs his crewmates and Ms Izzie......
Izzie

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 11:33 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Good Evening Crew

I spoke with Anna this morning, love Anna, and things are much the same. Danny is walking a little more and not in pain with his feet but his BP is rocketing and dropping very badly so he is not able to do more than a few mins of any form of exercise - even just walking. They are coping but the frustration is obvious. He has a little radio with him now so that is keeping him company but he is so missing being able to communicate with the woild.

His heart is good. Dialysis good. Feet improving very slowly. Still don't know when/if he will be moved to a rehab place - until his BP stabilises (time) it is not a wise move... so it's a case of wait and see and let time do its thang. He is eating much better to try and give him more energy and build himself up so that is good news and the dialysis fluids keep the correct amount of fluids in his system.

Please keep your thoughts, good wishes and prayers going for him. Thanku crew. x

Have been seeing my children together, and their cousin, at Ryan's house, I even had a cuppa tea there today and played with the geckos and snake ... too wonderful for words.

<I iz tired, so tired that I don't even know what not being tired is like anymore, too tired - tired on tired on tired, and some... such a massive weekend coming up... oh me oh my tired>

Golden light, time to sit by the river for 5.
Letty

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 12:58 pm
@Izzie,
Love all the dancing, Miz Izz, and always appreciate your report about our Dutchy/Danny and Anna. I recall that he is originally from The Netherlands, so I thought I'd play a song from there. He told me that he still had clogs/wooden shoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85U-77_5lWk

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:15 pm
@Izzie,
major smiles

sorry about the tired!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:45 pm
@Izzie,
(((Izzie))) Glad to hear is is progressing. I hope they can find a way to get his computer working. Seems crazy that at this day and age they can't get it to work. Baffling. Love hearing about your boys. Wishing you all kinds of energy. Sorry for the tired too.

Hugs you JPB. Smile (((JPB)))

and Letty (((Letty)))

Quick story about Gbaby. Saturday he caught the entire game. He is a munchkin - the knee pads on the catchers gear hit him mid thigh when they hit the other catcher on the team right on the knee. SO stinkin' cute though. Anyway - we went through 3 of our pitchers. We got into third inning with the score at 6-4 - we were losing. Poor little pitch could not get the ball across the plate to save his life. He tried....the score was 16--4 - horrid. They call Gbaby in. I was like, " WHAT?" He had been throwing back every single pitch the entire game and scrambling after wild throws, throwing his head gear off and squatting for an hour and 30 minutes. That is a long time for a pee wee. He got up there and the professor told him they knew he was tired...but to just do his best. Baby boy got it done. He managed to get three outs in 4 batters. We lost - but still...I have never been so glad a game was over.

Okay that really wasn't as short as I meant it to be.

Hugs you all,
mis
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Poor Dutchy - he needs that wi-fi so badly - hard to imagine him without a computer to hand - no tv either, that's so bad - hospital is hard enough to cope with, especially after such a traumatic few weeks - fingers crossed that somehow he's connected to the outside world again SOON!

http://greenliving.nationalgeographic.com/DM-Resize/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/171/118/75904191_XS.jpg?w=398&h=398&keep_ratio=1
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:02 pm
@mismi,
I couldn't access it (my particular computer) but I've liked flash mobs videos.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:04 pm
@Izzie,
Thoughts are always. Talking from here.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Patrick Swayze................................................Wasn't he just the best!!!!!!

I love small print, it usually means HUGE feelings.....

Hugs to all..... "I feel like dancing" now............because it's Friday..........

Dutchy "will" have a computer for two days, sometimes soon.... I don't know if they will replace the TV/Computer in his room, or if there will be one in rehab, or when they move him from there....But, Anna has agreed to use our gift as soon as it is possible....

Sending vibes out there to make that happen.........

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:34 pm
Here's where they made a part of Dirty Dancing, y'all. The lake is gone now.

http://visitsouth.com/images/uploads/mountain-lake-hotel-va.jpg
mismi

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:44 pm
@Letty,
Is that someone's home Letty? I know it was the family camp from Dirty Dancing - but what do they do there really?
Letty

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:53 pm
@mismi,
MOUNTAIN LAKE HOTEL, VA and LAKE LURE, NC: Dirty Dancing (1987)

My heart does a couple of flips when I see an old photo of the late Patrick Swayze, or when I watch the 1987 movie Dirty Dancing, starring Swayze and Jennifer Grey. Parts of the movie were filmed at Mountain Lake Hotel
mismi

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 03:13 pm
@Letty,
Ah...what a wonderful place to stay.
Thanks Letty. ((Letty))
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 03:52 pm
@Letty,
Me too Letty Sad Such a shame, but also how loving a relationship of years and years he had with his wife, and the fight that he gave tillllll the end... Must hire the movie again.

Beautiful Hotel.......
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 04:24:20