"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 10:10 pm
@mismi,
I am so sleepy. I must go lay my head down. Hoping you all had a good day.

Hugs and kisses to all!
mis
Dutchy

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 10:14 pm
@mismi,
Hi miss sunshine, you're still awake? What happened? My day is still in progress but going along fine.
Goodnight mismi, sleep well. (((mismi))) xx
mismi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 10:15 pm
@Dutchy,
Nitey Nite Sweet Dutchy! (so tired!)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:01 am

Excitement at the moment: I'm preparing a playlist for a local radio station of "My Music".
It's criminal, once you start doing something like this, all the stuff you have to leave out.. Maybe they'll invite me back to have a second go. Anyway, if it all goes okay, I'll post a link so you can have a listen online.
mismi

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:51 am
@McTag,
Well - that's exciting. I can't wait to see it!
annis

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 10:16 am
Hello All ! is it too early for a glass of vino! me thinks not! We are having a restful day! Thankfully!! Have been sooooo tired! I am hoping all is well with you and yours! Fboy is off with Sboy - bowling I think! He was looking forward to it, although he has a sore throat and can here him coughing it is a funny cough he has and is normally due to his heart problems! But he never lets it worry him so I don't worry! So it is only me, Sgirl and my mum here! oh have just been called to do some 'Just Dance 3' on the wii oh help me!

Have a good weekend and evening X
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 02:32 pm
@mismi,

Quote:
Well - that's exciting. I can't wait to see it!

I've got a good face for radio.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 06:53 am
@McTag,
Hi everyone, I took my wee lad to see my parents in the wilds of Somerset, and I actually saw a dormouse in their garden. I think I've managed to persuade my dad to leave it alone, they're really very sweet not like house mice at all. The muppet movie is well worth a visit, lots of nods to the camera, and real laugh out loud moments. What really impressed me was that the two actors that provided the romantic interest were fairly ordinary looking, not the usual Hollywood types at all. Highly recommended.
http://www.soundonsight.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Amy-Adams-and-Jason-Segel-in-The-Muppets-2011-Movie-Image-600x399.jpg
Izzie

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 07:23 am
@izzythepush,
Goodmorning, Good Avo and Good Evening around ‘t woild Very Happy

What a wonderful 3 days in the garden, feeling those I love close and around me, watching over as the brook babbled along. Managed to give the garden the biggest haircut ever – Noddy would love seeing the bulbs poking up through the earth readying for the Spring. Days are getting longer… tho they pass so quickly – there will never be enough time in this lifetime.

Sitting here with my cuppa tea and it’s just started to rain outside, that will bring on more growth – the buds are appearing on all the trees, snowdrops are up and lush green leaves shooting out of the ground. Gosh, I love this time of year.

I’m totally wasted today – in a good way tho where I know I’ve achieved much.

Thinking of those near and far away, hands held for the good done in this world of ours.

Missy, darlin’ girl – how are you doing now? I reckon you’ll prolly be b-balling this weekend so will be up to your eyes – but I do hope you are feeling better in your head and that you are keeping your posithoughts going. Don’t worry Mis, all will be clear in time – meanwhile, strength and love to you from across the pond – love you much Mis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stormy / Mis - S-boy does get hayfever, only in the last couple of years tho – actually, we both struggle with leaf pollen and take cetirizine for a few months – with this onset of asthma, I’m not sure how he’s going to fare as Spring really does arrive – I don’t like his taking all the meds he is – but it’s better that than struggling to breathe as he does at times – both of us often end up looking like we’ve been crying a river and distant relatives of Rudolf when the leaves appear – but I wouldn’t change the thrill of new life sprouting for anything. So, cetirizine is iz!

The puffers he has have made a difference since they doubled up on the Seretide dose – his peak flow has risen to 300, which is still low (should be around 450) but much better than it was, so, they are working and as long as he’s got his armour plated puffer on him at all times, I worry a little less about him having an attack. He’s coming up 15 now (how is that possible!!!!) so he has to take responsibility for ensuring he’s carrying it, but our doc is great and I’ve got puffers at each place he spends any time at (just in case), so no worries. The biggest thing I find difficult with this asthma – is that he is not doing any sport – he was so active, but he gets so tired – sport would be the best thing he could do… it’s just not happening tho <sigh>… maybe in the summer that will improve.

It’s been a tough 12 months for him healthwise – one reallllllllly good thing tho – he’s just over 5ft tall now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY for the little fella – dizzy heights!!!! Razz

15 – nearly 15 – gosh! Time surely does fly.

((((BEAgle))))) Boy – how are you darlin’? I’ve seen you flying about the board so that’s good. Is M coming back in soon – how’s the tuna catch going? Are you still hot out there? We could do with a little more warmth so please do send us some sunshine. Love you D-boy xx

Barry The Mod wrote:

Thanks Barry - yep, I have one of those downstairs but will get another one for upstairs at some stage. Few lights have blown recently - the whole house oughta be rewired... that'll be sometime never prolly!

McTag wrote:

Anyway, if it all goes okay, I'll post a link so you can have a listen online.

Taggers - i would love to hear you play – is the playlist one from the band or a playlist of your fave music? Either way, would love to have a listen. Do you have a link? Music is so good for the soul and making music is even more special. I'm not real good on the ivories - but I do love to play and can tinker for ages or just play the same piece over and over and over. Huge emotion!

Do hope you can put up a link, that would be great. Love to you and the Cabin Boy!

izzythepush wrote:

Hi everyone, I took my wee lad to see my parents in the wilds of Somerset, and I actually saw a dormouse in their garden. I think I've managed to persuade my dad to leave it alone, they're really very sweet not like house mice at all.

Hey IzY, glad you made it over there and all is OK. Doormice are lovely, you could Dad to put out a box for them – they’re increasingly hard to spot these days. They are so lovely – tiny little critters…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Hazel_Dormouse

You can apply for a box on this website
http://www.ptes.org/index.php?page=310

or get Dad to make one if he’s quite handy in the workshop.

I do so love mice – unfortunately so does my black kitty but he usually has them as snacks. Murphy on the other paw, just catches and drops in the house – even tho I love them, I don’t wish them to be running around the house. I found lots of water vole holes at the bottom of the garden by the river as I was being David Bellamy in the undergrowth in the last few days – I’ve only ever seen 3 here (tho they do look like rats and one was left on the patio by black kitty a while back) – gave my PaPa a bit of a scare when we he was building the Ark at the end of the garden – fast little suckers!!!! Hope the kids are well. Back to school next week – chill for a little, IzY! x

Tulip – hoping the boyz had a good time last night – sorry about the confusion – I’m sure my ex told you what’s happening (you do know the world is about to end right Wink <cough> ) – anyhoo, eventually they got picked up. I’m kinda glad you’d already seen the The Woman In Black – gosh, if your two were scared, then S-boy would have been petrified. I didn’t really want him to go see it even tho it’s a 12A – you know I don’t do scary (I’m still scared of the car wash CSI episode I watched – YUK!). I know they’ll be having a great time together – ‘twas so good we managed to get them to spend so much time together over half term. Easter next… we’ll sort out the sleepovers then. Give Mum a hug from me and I hope you’re taking it easy today – enjoy and relax – we’re back to work next week so try not to do too much tomorrow, OK. HA! There’s no way I would made Thurs night – laughing – I was knackered!!!!!!! I am so going to drag you there tho – you wait and see!!!!

((((Boida, JPB, Bethie, RH, MaMaVerby, Alex et al))))) hoping all is well with all the crew.

((((((((((lyBlueBaby)))))))))) thinking of you and yours, always xox x

Onwards and upwards! Very Happy

OK, gonna make a ham and cheese toasty sammich, catch y’all later xxxxxxxxxx
wandeljw

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 10:55 am
@Izzie,
I wish S-boy well and hope he gets improvement from asthma and hay fever.

Little Annie, now age 12, went to her first school dance last night. She had told me that her boyfriend would be there (a 12 year-old classmate who has a crush on her). After I picked her up, I asked her if she danced with her boyfriend. She said that they did not dance. He wanted her to chase him around the dance floor and play "tag." And that is what they did. How romantic! Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 02:03 pm
I wish SBoy a good recovery as well, Wandel. I still get hay fever.

Ah, sweet Annie. When I was a kid, if a boy chased you, it was a sign of love.

For the Dixie Queen and The Dancing Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eECO5dlVh8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

Can't wait to hear McTag play.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 02:21 pm
@Izzie,
kudos to S-boy on no longer being short. 15... wow...

onwards and upwards to him.

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2012 02:35 pm
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, glad to hear you've been so active, you certainlyb earned that cup of tea.

Young S-boy growing up eh, hope he gets on top of the asthma and can resume his summer sports.

Heard from M-boy last night, still hard at it, the going is slow this year and he will be out at sea a little longer yet.

Our weather is pleasant, around 36 each day, so yes I'll be sending you some warmth.

About to head for my favourite sea side cafe, have my cappuccino, and watch some big liners coming in. Last week the Queen Mary II was here, fantastic sight watching it from shore.

Waves from downunder to the crew.
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:06 am
@Dutchy,
Good Morning / Avo / Evening Crew

Gorgeous day - sun's shining, big white clouds, chilly.

wandeljw wrote:

I wish S-boy well and hope he gets improvement from asthma and hay fever.

Little Annie, now age 12, went to her first school dance last night. She had told me that her boyfriend would be there (a 12 year-old classmate who has a crush on her). After I picked her up, I asked her if she danced with her boyfriend. She said that they did not dance. He wanted her to chase him around the dance floor and play "tag." And that is what they did. How romantic! Smile

Thanku jw - he's a lot better this week, back to school tomorrow - it's a short half term so I'm hoping he can make it through the whole 6 weeks without getting poorly. <prays>

Ahhhhhh, love little Annie - bless her! Long may the "tag" last before the kiss chase starts! Wink Hope all is grand in Chitoon ((jw))

Letty wrote:

I wish SBoy a good recovery as well, Wandel. I still get hay fever.

Thanks ((Letty)) - yep, I'm sure in a month or so as the leaves start unfurling that we'll be watery-eyed and sneezing. I do hope you won't struggle with hay fever this year... ah, to be by the sea, that would be lovely. x

Rockhead wrote:

kudos to S-boy on no longer being short. 15... wow...

onwards and upwards to him.

Yep RH - hardly seems possible that he's coming up 15. Ha! Have never seen UP but... "adventure is out there" - that's my sorta movie Very Happy Hope Gram is feeling better and all is well in KS. ((RH))

Dutchy wrote:

Heard from M-boy last night, still hard at it, the going is slow this year and he will be out at sea a little longer yet.

Our weather is pleasant, around 36 each day, so yes I'll be sending you some warmth.

Hey BEAgle - ha, I'm knackered these last two days - but it was great being able to get the garden done. I'm glad you've heard from M - hoping he will be back in soon - gosh, it's a tough life out there on the seas - praying for a big catch and to get him back on to terra firma.

Ooooooooh, 36 deg... niiiice! It's chilly here today (about 6-7 ish) but we didn't get the frost they were predicting - which I'm quite glad about as I was a little worried my bulbs would be upset as I'd taken their winter blanket of leaves and yeuch off.

I'm doing lots of stuff around the house today - little bit here, little bit there - but I do feel verra tired at the moment - so not doing anything that's going to trip me up. Back to work on Tuesday... 6 weeks and then the Spring hols... I so can't wait for the clocks to spring forward and have beautiful long, long days again. Dreams.

Hope you enjoyed your coffee by the sea - ah, love you a latte heh heh - I'm going to put the kettle on and crack on now - so will catch you later. Love you ((D))

((((MissyDixie))))) hoping you're having a great weekend and life is being gentle out there in 'Bama. Sending you big love to you and yours. xxxxx

(((((lyBlue xox))))) thoughts always for you and yours. Hugs baby. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rockhead

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 04:07 pm
@Izzie,
I've not seen it either, captain, but Missy highly recommends it. it's on my short list of things to see...

gram still talks about your visit, and always asks about you.

we didn't really have a winter this year, by our standards. I even expect that all my cannas that I was unable to get out of the ground will survive. I had lost hope for them by December and left nature take its course. sometimes karma can surprise you...

mr vw went over to fish heaven yesterday. a wholesaler we are friendly with. they have started raising the most awesome blue angel fish. gorgeous...

the pet store insisted they were dyed the first time he brought them in. I'll try and get a photo, but like with the moon, my camera struggles there.

wishing you kids warm breeezes on the moor...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 04:21 pm
as usual

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Books/Pix/pictures/2009/1/28/1233158187001/A-young-girl-reading-a-bo-001.jpg

reading along

we're in the house of sickies here ... slept 12 hours again, woke up and barked a bit ... just realized I haven't taken any cough suppressants today ... that explains quite a bit
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:15 pm
Too many people sick these days Sad
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 08:22 am
@McTag,

McT wrote:
Quote:
I've got a good face for radio.

Well of course I meant your list. But I have seen your picture. I know you could respectably show your face on radio. Wink Razz

Izzie wrote:
Quote:
Missy, darlin’ girl – how are you doing now? I reckon you’ll prolly be b-balling this weekend so will be up to your eyes – but I do hope you are feeling better in your head and that you are keeping your posithoughts going. Don’t worry Mis, all will be clear in time – meanwhile, strength and love to you from across the pond – love you much Mis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stormy / Mis - S-boy does get hayfever, only in the last couple of years tho – actually, we both struggle with leaf pollen and take cetirizine for a few months – with this onset of asthma, I’m not sure how he’s going to fare as Spring really does arrive – I don’t like his taking all the meds he is – but it’s better that than struggling to breathe as he does at times – both of us often end up looking like we’ve been crying a river and distant relatives of Rudolf when the leaves appear – but I wouldn’t change the thrill of new life sprouting for anything. So, cetirizine is iz!

My boys must be more aggravated by the pollen that comes in the fall. It seems to be when we struggle with the asthma episodes the most. I was hoping the same for Sboy. Glad it is better - but hope both he and you get much better soon. So sorry. What a horrendous struggle to have to go through every day. ((Izzie)) ((S'Boy))

I had a good weekend. We went to see my Mom and Dad down in Mobile. The Boom Booms (Mardi Gras parades) we were wanting to see got cancelled because of nasty weather. They rescheduled them for yesterday afternoon so we missed them. Had to come back home. But I loved getting to spend time with Mom and Dad and little brother and his wife. Went shopping got soaked. Laughed a lot. It was awesome. I colored multi color stripes in my and my nieces hair with oil pastels. Odd I know - but fun. I had pink and blue. She had purple, green, pink and yellow. She looked like Mardi Gras actually. Had King cake - S got the baby but refuses to buy the next cake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_cake
he's such a stick in the mud.

We are back home safe and sound.

Wandel...I love 12 year olds. So aware and yet still childlike. Love that they ended up chasing each other verses dancing. I find that wise and such a happy thing! Annie is precious.

Love that song Letty. Thank you!

I have much to accomplish today. Crazy week - but it is good.

Hugs to you all!
wandeljw

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 08:50 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
Wandel...I love 12 year olds. So aware and yet still childlike. Love that they ended up chasing each other verses dancing. I find that wise and such a happy thing! Annie is precious.

I know that you only have boys, mismi, and they are challenging in a different way. I am certain that you could have handled the challenge of daughters as well.

When my older daughter, Katrina, was 14, she became very aware of social things. Suddenly, quality time with Dad became having him drive you to the mall and then telling him to get lost for a few hours. Smile
Izzie

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:00 pm
@wandeljw,
Good Avo / Evening / Morning Crew

Rockhead wrote:

gram still talks about your visit, and always asks about you.

we didn't really have a winter this year, by our standards. I even expect that all my cannas that I was unable to get out of the ground will survive. I had lost hope for them by December and left nature take its course. sometimes karma can surprise you...

mr vw went over to fish heaven yesterday. a wholesaler we are friendly with. they have started raising the most awesome blue angel fish. gorgeous...

Please do send Gram my love. Holding out hope for your cannas too and I'm pleased it hasn't been a 'bad' winter. I think we've been lucky here in the SW too - it's got chilly but nothing like the ROTW get's like. We're due for Spring by the end of next week - it's getting up to 15-17 degC - so the garden will love that. The blue angel fish does sound gorgeous... Razz Take care out there in KS! X

ehBeth wrote:

we're in the house of sickies here ... slept 12 hours again, woke up and barked a bit ...

Hey Bethie - do so hope you are both feeling better today. Sending healing wishes yours and HIM's way. Keep warm <passes cough lozenge> ((Beth))xx

Hi hi Stormy – back to work tomorrow here and feel quite pooped before I’ve even started – and I haven’t done anything really and don’t even do a teeny nth of what anyone else does in a normal day. 6 weeks then Easter Break… I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to that holiday already Very Happy Hope all is good with you and yours and no sickies in your family. X

mismi wrote:

... hope both he and you get much better soon. So sorry. What a horrendous struggle to have to go through every day. ((Izzie)) ((S'Boy))

Thanku Mis - we're both doing quite well right now - S-boy is back at school today so I'm just keeping real positive that he's going to manage half a term being as well as possible. Believe me, it hasn't stopped him tawking - takes after his MaMa methinks! I've got a very sore gardener's knee and one poorly secateur finger, but on the whole, we're good! (loosely using the word 'gardener' and 'me' in the same sentence just seems so... wrong! HA! I so don't have green fingers Mr. Green )

mismi wrote:

I had a good weekend. We went to see my Mom and Dad down in Mobile. The Boom Booms (Mardi Gras parades) we were wanting to see got cancelled because of nasty weather. They rescheduled them for yesterday afternoon so we missed them. Had to come back home. But I loved getting to spend time with Mom and Dad and little brother and his wife. Went shopping got soaked. Laughed a lot. It was awesome. I colored multi color stripes in my and my nieces hair with oil pastels. Odd I know - but fun. I had pink and blue. She had purple, green, pink and yellow. She looked like Mardi Gras actually. Had King cake - S got the baby but refuses to buy the next cake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_cake
he's such a stick in the mud.

We are back home safe and sound.

Ahhhhhhh, I thought you were busy Very Happy Mobile Mardi Gras sound FABULOUS - loved reading up about that. I'm so sorry you missed the parades but you do sound as tho you had a great time. So happy you spent time with your BIG little brother and family. Do hope you got some photos of y'all - will keep an eye out on FB.

I had pink and blue.

I think you picked the poifect colours Razz Wink

Love you much Mis... glad you are home safe sound, but even more glad that you had such a lovely time. So deserved. Xxxxx

wandeljw wrote:

When my older daughter, Katrina, was 14, she became very aware of social things. Suddenly, quality time with Dad became having him drive you to the mall and then telling him to get lost for a few hours. Smile

Hi jw – gosh yes, there is such a difference IMO in raising boys and girls. Charlie and I saw marked differences when the kids were little – boys are, on the whole, so full on and rough and tumble… I have to say tho – having S-boy and F-boy here now they are older, they are the easiest going kids in the world when they are together – they just ‘do’ and ‘be’ – sometimes, I don’t even know they are here Shocked When they muck about – well, there’s lots of laughter… so, it’s all good. It’s kinda weird, this is the most peaceful house… love the peace, even when there’s raucous laughter.

I have to say too, I am in absolute awe of Mis and all that she does with her boyz as well as everything else. She’s completely fabulous!

BEAgle – hope you’ve had a big sleep and all is coco there. Sending you and MrsB big hugs and love Down Under (((D)))xx

((((Blue smooches)))) and xxxxxx to you and yours. lyBluex

Terribly sad news about the teacher who died in the school coach crash in France. Heartbreaking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17088463

My nephew came home from Italy last Friday.
Makes one think… life is so precious. So precious.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:44:17