"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

annis

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 02:21 am
Sad news to hear of the death of Whitney Houston, I wasn't a great fan but she did have a good voice.

I think it is a little warmer today just damp. S-girl and me gonna relax to day although she does have a rather lot of homework.

Hugs and stuff X
Dutchy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 02:37 am
@annis,
Share your sentiments annis regarding Whitney Houston. You say it is warmer today, but on our 6pm news they said it was -19 somewhere in England. Good day to help S-girl with her homework. Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 04:58 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Izzie wrote:

Rugby weekend coming up.... C'MON ENGLAND!

Ah! C'mon!@ - it's only Italy. Your biggest problem is tripping over the buggers when they take a dive!

Without Bloody Johnny Bloody Wilkinson Bloody! (boy, do I hold a grudge - almost 9 years now!)

I see the mighty Welsh had a good win last week. Go WALES!!! (vs Scotland!)

We almost gave it away by the end of the second half... which of course... had this man been there, that would not have happened

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2009/10/26/1256583634157/Jonny-Wilkinson-001.jpg

Love Jonny Lovely Jonny Swoon Wilkinson.

Razz

I so wish I could send you a SatNav with his voice on - heh heh.

We did get the win and this very new young England team looks like it will be quite good once they settle. I do miss seeing the old faces - but we did need some new blood... there's some up and coming stars who, come the world cup, I am sure I will hear you cussing... haha... we are so gonna win the Rugby World Cup

<cough>

<confident a?> Razz

Oh Margo, the match last week with Wales and Ireland was class - some dirty play which was not class at all tho, leading to a 7 week ban...rightly deserved!

Wales v Scotland today - should be a good one, I fear that Scotland don't stand a hope in heck...

Ireland / France was cancelled as the ground was frozen... first time in 25 years so... it has been a tad brrrrrrrrrr in Europe.

Have been thinking of you a lot Margo, each day I look at what I have to do, and think Margo's keeping me in check! Very Happy Hoping plans for this year are all going well and no stressy fella. Love to you, Possum and Aunt ((((SheilaGirl))))xxx
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:24 am
@Izzie,
Southampton won yesterday as well, and narrowed the gap on league leaders West Ham to 1 point. We're playing West Ham on Tuesday, should be a really good game.
Izzie

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:17 am
@izzythepush,
I’m pensive…

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream…
Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily… life is but a dream

4 years ago we started this thread and such a lot of life has happened – I wonder at times how my life became so blessed from the people I’ve met and know here – and how life has changed so much

Not in a million years would I have believed what I’ve found in my heart here

Beyond words

I didn’t know if I would be able to walk again 4 years ago – but not only did I walk, but I learned how step out to take off and fly – even if my knickers were tucked in my dress. This is something that’s very much on my mind right now (no, not my knickers in my dress) – but the ability to fly when not clipped

Mind, body and soul flying high, free spirit

Gosh, so much has happened in the last few years and freedom is the most wonderful gift – let go of the things that hold you back and never let go of the good things in life

So, I just wish to thank everyone who’s helped me that and for the friendship I’ve found and the love I discovered which is given unconditionally

I know, I KNOW, it’s morning and I’ve not taken a potion – sometimes tho I just have to say things out loud and my reasons are sound.

It’s terribly sad to read about Whitney Houston… such a tragic waste of a beautiful life - her voice was a gift... terribly sad that behind the beauty and voice was so much pain.

I don’t know why things happen, I can’t reason a lot of the “why’s” of the world and much of what goes on in the world makes little sense to me – but I do know there are folk out there who do everything to preserve, live and give life and do the right thing for the greater good – and me, I’m no saint and I don’t do an awful lot in the bigger picture, but I know that who I am may be everything to one person and vice versa...

I’m sitting here listening to the sounds of the boys playing, laughter, ribbing, and the smell of aftershave and boyz foofoo colognes wafting throughout the house… the kids have known each other nearly their whole lives and their friendship is so pure – makes me good-cry at times to see them together – little and large as they were last night as their measurements creep up the wall, it’s so lovely to have that… reminds me of Charlie and I as we grew up – we were far naughtier tho Shocked

K-bro and son came over yesterday and we had sticky buns with a cherry on top – I love K-bro so much, I do love our time together when we just gab about stuff. Tulip came over with F-boy too – she’s so beautiful – I wish for her…

I’ve candles lit in the lounge, Maddie is snoring and the kitties are playing their own version of rugby tumble – there is fur everrawhere – Scooby is getting an ‘old boy – he’s really slowed down in the last few weeks, perhaps with the cold playing a role in that; he’s old and smelly but a faithful hound-dawg. I need to go do the garden, well, ‘tis a little chilly right now, but I so want the garden to brighten up – I’m longing for the leaves to arrive and to wrap the house up and all around.

Spring, Spring is almost here – life changing – the clocks will spring forward and life changes, I.can’t.wait.

Meantime, I’m studiously working on a project which makes me smile throughout the day and night. I have my ‘bright’ clothes on – I’m a lime, olive, black and pink goil Razz Got the music going…

All The Right Reasons – Savin’ Me

Whitney said it best when she sang Believe… going with that!

Many nights we've prayed
With no proof anyone could hear
In our hearts a hopeful song
We barely understood

Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains long
Before we knew we could

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

In this time of fear
When prayers so often prove(s) in vain
Hope seems like the summer birds
Too swiftly flown away

Yet now I'm standing here
My heart's so full I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say

Onwards and upwards…

Strong in belief.

Taggers – how was band practise????? (I never know when it's an "s" in practise or a "c" - so I vary them Razz) Hope you’ve warmed up a bit up there – glad the leccie made you safe – best not try that again a? ((((Taggers))))xx

IzY – it was so freezing yesterday and I wouldn’t imagine many folk were leaving their homes (except the ten thousand Oirish stuck in Paris) but I reckon a poiple Bad Dog shirt was a winner. Hoping the kids are well and you have a relaxing day today. X

Letty wrote:

Love to you all, and this is sometimes my answer to life...

Ah, MzLettyBetty - you make so many happy and your Radio Station is proof positive of how many folks lives you touch. Keep playin' the toons - music is a song in the heart. Love back to you ((Letty))x

mismi wrote:

I am hoping that I start that job on Monday. Haven't heard anything from her. Well...you know as well as I though that we will be fine. It will all work out.

It will work out, whichever way, you will all be fine. Ah, your house is lived in, laughed in and loved in. How happy is that? So glad MaMa is up with you - have a lovely time together. So looking forward to seeing your projects as they're done. Enjoy being creative Mis. Love you much ((((((Dixies)))))xxxxx

Dutchy wrote:

... but on our 6pm news they said it was -19 somewhere in England

it has been chilly - but it's very dry cold air - the SouthWest has got off remarkably easy compared to the rest of the country. Looking forward to the rugger thisavo! Gonna phone Charlie in a mo so I will send her your love BEAgle. Love you (((((((D))))))x

Tulip – will see you tomorrow – boys are good – mind you, I’ve hardly seen them Shocked – they’re ensconced in S-boy’s room doing their thang – happy little chappies. Will ring you in the morning. Hug S-girl for me and good luck with the homework. Xx

((((lyBlue)))) mahousive hugs XOX and love to you and yours xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

off to make a cuppa and put the shopping away...

oh, and hoover!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:22 am
@Izzie,
My little boy is happy, the activity farm has opened up again after a short winter break. He stroked, donkeys, horses and goats, bottle fed calves and kids, and was allowed to hold a guinea pig and a duckling.
Izzie

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 01:16 pm
@izzythepush,
The boys are cracking me up... Lord of The Rings is the equivalent to Charlie and me watching a chick flick...

Lord Of The Rings is their fella flick

They know every single word, every action - and they say it all about 1 second in advance of the script

(drives me nuts but it so makes me chuckle - it's so good to be able to tune things oot)

add to that, they put it to rap!!

They are so funny - every expression - what do you see, a tree, a white tree...

They do make me laugh. S-boy is now picking out the oxymorons! Razz

Off to do dinner - fire's burning ... so will the dinner be if I don't get it out the oven Shocked

thinking posivibes around the woild...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 04:45 pm
Chick flick - yay

Channel 4 + 60

ps ~ i love you

mismi

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 05:17 pm
@Izzie,
That movie t0tally tears me up...that and The Notebook have me crying - not just tears but that ugly heaving stuff the Prof loves so much.

ugh.

it's exhausting.

When in Rome...totally get into. Josh Duhamel. So yummy

(I have had two glasses of wine - so - please forgive me if I am ridiculous)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:36 pm
@mismi,
I like posting when I've had a drink, tequila and raspberry eau de vie. I have real fun taking the piss out of certain individuals on other threads. I'll be serious in the morning. You be as ridiculous as you want. I've got to go now. My daughter has just come through asking if I want her to go to bed, she's just watched a whole episode of The Sky At Night with that bloke with a monocle, and she really didn't want to do that.

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

My daughter has just come through asking if I want her to go to bed, she's just watched a whole episode of The Sky At Night with that bloke with a monocle, and she really didn't want to do that.

A whole ******* episode.
I'm still waiting you sot.
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:31 pm
I just finished helping N pick out his classes for his junior year. I can't believe it....time flies Sad
mismi

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:31 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
What the heck? Who are you and what do you mean?
mismi

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:32 pm
@Stormwatch,
Hiya Stormy!

I have heard so many of my friends say the same thing. ((Stormy)) I know it goes way too fast.

Hugs you girl. Wink
Dutchy

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:36 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Wrong thread kid. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:39 pm
@mismi,
Thanks mismi. It does go by fast. Your boys must be doing the same thing...growing! Has baseball started up for you yet? I know you are much earlier than us. N. is still taking hitting and pitching lessons, but all indoors this time of year. Did I read that you are refinishing furniture? You're a good woman. I have unlimited patience for children and making my jewelry...but unfortunately not for finishing furniture. I have unfinished projects around the basement like unwanted skeletons.
mismi

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:49 pm
@Stormwatch,
The boys have started baseball - yesterday was their first practice...32 degrees outside. G-baby's little hands are just as red and chapped as they can be today! Two of mine will be pitching this year...makes me a nervous wreck!

I am refinishing furniture. I love it...though I can drag my feet on many of my projects as well. What kind of jewelry do you make?
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:54 pm
@mismi,
Two pitchers!! I feel for ya. As exciting as it is, it's so hard on the nerves to watch them..holding your breath, silently praying and swearing at the same time. Good luck to them and to you Smile

I make a variety of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I have some pieces in a couple of local stores, some on etsy, and sell them at craft fairs. I've been doing quite well and am having a blast at it too. It's a great pass-time in the evening to take my mind off school for a while too.
mismi

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:55 pm
@Stormwatch,
Good for you Stormy! I am setting up a store on Etsy - I think. I haven't quite made up my mind yet though. But I need to be as creative as possible until I find another job! Shocked The prof. is freaking out a bit.

Thanks for the good wishes...I wish the same for N. Very Happy
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:59 pm
@mismi,
cool! Are you putting your finished furniture on etsy? or something else? When you get it set up send me the link, I'd love to check it out.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:09:42