"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

JPB

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 06:57 am
@Izzie,
Does that mean you're not going to come do my chores?

Seriously, great news under the circumstances. It's still best that he get checked out. And, yes, stress will always find an outlet. I'm glad he's feeling better. One bit of relief from the pile of angst y'all have going on.

((( Miz Iz )))
Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 08:06 am
@JPB,
Bless you BEAgle - have a good zzzzzzzzzzzzz ((BEAgle)) x

ha JPB! yep, decided against the ironing too... but I've hoovered a lot Razz

Thanku always (((JPB)))x
Dutchy

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 03:53 pm
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, great to read the news when getting up, made my day. Taking Mrs.B out for the day so won't be around. Smooches from the Bosun.
Stormwatch

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 06:38 pm
@Dutchy,
Izzie glad to read you had good news.
How have you been doing lately? Ready for summer break?
Izzie

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 07:44 am
@Stormwatch,
Hey Stormy - yep, ready for the break - another couple weeks and we'll be done! <phew> Not doing so bad - will get Wednesday out of the way and deal with the next thing. Hope you're having a great holiday and all is good with kids and hubby (((((((Stormy)))))))) x

Thanks ((BEAgle)) - PaPa is right as rain today - no worries at all. Big sleep to you Down Under (((D)))x

((((Blue)))) miss you, thinking of you and yours xox x

Missssssy - hope you are having a wonderful day - you know how much I love you... wanted to send you some cupcakes today

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihjh53DLP1qe49wpo1_500.jpg

la la lala la laaaaaaaaa... Wink love you mis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wandeljw

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 09:16 am
@Izzie,
Glad to hear that your dad is okay, Izzie. He sounds like a lively person. You probably got some of your personality from him.

(It is funny for me to hear my children making sarcastic remarks. That is definitely something that they learned from me. Smile )
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:52 am
@Izzie,
Miss Izzie....
Just silently reading along here the last few days. Glad papa is ok. Hope there is no Big C in your future. You are a wonder. So much to suffer yourself, and yet you never fail to reach out to others with a wonderful smile, great good humor, and a mountainload of empathy. Although you would be the first to deny it, I think I see some tell-tale white feathers peeking out from your sleeve. Yep, angel wings for sure, darling. Love and hugs to you from me and Richard.
mismi

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 06:11 pm
@Izzie,
(((Izzie))) Thank you - you know I love you so much too! Kindred spirits. Thank you for thinking of me sweet friend.

We have been playing travel ball all weekend. 108 heat index. I am so beat. AND I sent my babies off with their grandparents this evening. I have been crying all the way home from Montgomery. So pitiful I am. It will be good for them...and it will be good for me. Smile But you know I miss my babies.

Hugs to all.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 06:26 pm
@mismi,
Oh poor mismi to be in such a dreadful state, I so feel for you, but it must have been lots of fun with your babies. Have a good rest and may be a Corona when you wake up and you'll be your old self again, (((mismi)))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:19 pm
@mags314772,
Hey, Izzie. Glad your father is OK. Thinking about you from across the ocean.
Stormwatch

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 09:51 pm
@Roberta,
mismi baseball in 108 degree heat...whewwww

N celebrated his 16th birthday today by pitching in the first game of district tournaments. The game only went 6 innings because we ten runned them winning 11-1. N. Pitched the whole game and only gave up 2 hits. He had 7 strike outs!!

Tomorrow is the second game in the tourney and H.'s 22 birthday ( she won't be pitching Laughing ) I'm feeling old now!!

busy busy... but I love it.
mismi

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:04 pm
@Stormwatch,
Oh yeah - it was - IS hot. So stinkin' hot. Oppressive. I love air conditioning - LOVE IT!

Sounds like N is on fire too! Happy Birthday to him as well!

Wow Stormy - 22 - Happy Birthday to her. I am amazed. I can't imagine my boys at 22 - though I will say S was sitting next to me the other day and my aunt said "it won't be long until they are driving" and he said "it won't be long 'til I'm drinking beer." Wow - really? My aunt laughed her head off...my mom - not so much. Oh those boys get me in trouble. I told my Mom he won't be drinking it until he is 21. Or I will kick his little arse. Wink I love them while they are this age. They are so easy! Smile Really funny - but I need to teach them to use THEIR FILTERS - for Pete's sake.

Hello Iz - how's you today? How's your dad feeling?

Went to Flip Burger tonight. yummy. really yummy.

Hugs to all. Smile
Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 01:16 am
@mismi,
Happy Birthday for H and N Stormy, nah your not old, just a spring chicken like mismi. Laughing

Oh mismi I like what your boy said about beer, you have lots of surprises in store yet. Laughing

Im battling with my Tax return today, decided to do it electronically which they said would be a breeze. Well I've got news for them more like a hurricane with all the nitty gritties they want to know.

Cheers to all from downunder.
Izzie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:55 pm
@Dutchy,
Thanku jw – PaPa is doing well – as if nothing happened – he’s a lively character fer sure. x

Mags darling – you don’t know how much reading your post means to me – thank you – love and hugs to you and Richard, I’m so blessed to have met you both xxxx

Missy – glad you had a lovely *day and yep, I know, you’ll be missing those boys – hope you and the Professor went and played. 108 HI – oh my – that’s toooooo hot girlie Shocked Your little fellaz will be having the best time with your folks, so make the most of the time for you and MrDixie, they’ll be home before you know it. Did you hear back from the auditer yet???? Love you Mis x

BEAgle – hope your managing to keep warm Down Under! Hope all is well and all appointments are going to plan. Did you get your taxes done? I know the paperwork thing is a pain… I have piles of it to do here and just can’t be bothered. Had a reminder today about some forms I haven’t completed on R’s behalf which are a bit cruicial, dunno what to write, but have to send them off. Ugh. (((((BEAgle))))) x

Boida – how you going girl? Need to go and check your thread for the latest appointments… will pop over there after I’ve had a quick bite to eat. Thank you for your thoughts goil – you know you are always in mine across the poind. xxx(((Boida)))

Stormy – oh, the babies birthdays – gosh, how quick has another year gone? Hope they both had great days. How did N do in his tournament? Hope you’re having the best holiday and busy is good – enjoy Stormy. X

((((JPB))))) – thanku hun, always x

((lyBlue)) – thinking of you xox miss you madly. Take care of you and yours x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:57 pm
K...

Hmmmmmmmm…

I’m so horribly tired I could sleep for… a long time.

Hospital today was a ‘mare. 3.5 hours there and was so tired they gave me a pillow to rest on. Results of the biopsy were inconclusive – which prolly sounds worse than it actually is – as in what they got shows benign (too tired to yay) and what they didn’t get they can’t tell me because they couldn’t get to it. Apparently I have a distorted right boob <looks down, turns head, looks OK to me> – who knew! ' IT’s ' not palpable and the lesion is deep and “puckered” – my boob has a star shape but no mass (sounds promising). Ha! I will always laugh to myself when I say “pucker up, baby” – well, if I were ever to say that again! So, anyhoo, they’re verra lovely, the docs and nurses; I saw MrC first. Then after a bit of palava had to get some more mammograms as they aren’t sure if they had been able to “tag” me… then had to see DocP (he’s the lovely Irish chap) – I am tagged, but only one; they’re hoping it will be enough to take out the right bit .

I will be having an operation next Wednesday ( Numero 16… I’ve been counting for a while), so this time next week, it will be done and dusted hopefully.

Had to go through a bunch on pre-op stuff and blood tests and blah – then 8am next Wed they’ll put a wire into my boob via ultrasound and local anaesthetic to where the metal tag is, and then (dunno quite how it all works but) cut out the lesion in the afternoon when I get to have a big sleep (YAY)! It’ll be the size of a small plum or a large grape that they remove – which is fine as I have more than ample pear! Wink <geddit> Heh, small mercies. Mr C is called Cant – but he can, and will and then I will be done – and if I’m not done, then the summer will be filled with other such delights – tho I’m absolutely sure that once it’s out, then it will all come back clear and then there’ll be no need for anything with a ‘therapy on the end, except for hydrotherapy once the wound is healed to get my joints working a little better.

I have to wait for 10 days after surgery for the results.

Thing is, I’m not worried at all if the results come back the other way… it doesn’t matter to me what any illness is called or what I have because it either can or can’t be treated and the doctors are pretty darn good – I’m just a little sick and tired of feeling the way I do right now – which is ‘flaring’ and this is the longest flare I’ve had in an eon – it’s been over a month now – and I’m tired of it and tired of trying to let it run it’s course. I’m actually just so very tired of being tired.

I dunno what it is about June 13th – but it seems it’s to be a date that wants to screw with my summer. Last years was crahp and this year’s has set off this little run into the summer hols. Perhaps they are interlinked – one wonders at times as to the “can I feel any more crahp about myself” and how that plays out and why and who’s pushing the buttons that screw with my head. This year tho it’s down to the universe.

I am likening myself to my laptop right now- one of the million and seventy six bit thoughts that race through my head as I try to sleep and can’t – my head is like the hard drive and my body is like the software – you know when you get a little yellow box come up saying do you want to add-on a plug in – well, that’s what happens with me. The laptop looks fine on the outside, ya know, robust, solid - but the software needs constantly updating – each time you think you’ve got it just so, along comes another update or plug in – and somewhere in the universe, a button gets pushed to add on a plug-in with my body and whoosh – here – have a virus this time which then sends your laptop off into a spin – I almost hear a snicker or two from the universe and wonder what the ‘next’ will be.

With my cacky feet, gross looking hands, pathetic joints, cells running amok around my body, head hurt, toothache and add on a REALLY nasty coldsore which is trying to ‘come out’ - friendly little virus plug-in that one is – well, this package is not particularly nice on the inside and the laptop should be scrapped. It may find new life tomorrow.

If I could just hook my brain up to an external drive, download and delete it – then that would be good – but just as with a real hard drive, it never really goes even after it’s been deleted. DELETE DELETE DELETE – I so want to delete the thoughts in my head that whizz around and sting my eyes when they’re closed as I refuse to cry.

I miss my big son.

I haven’t told my little boy or folks anything but gonna have to do that before next Wed because I don’t see a way around that. Charlie’s coming down to stay with the out-laws for the weekend so will get her here when I tell S-boy so he’ll be reassured it’s all gonna be just coco.

Another quick thing – I wasn’t due to have a mammogram for another 4-7 years – at 46, who knows why my number came up, it shouldn’t have done, post code lottery as my next door neighbour also got her mammogram at the same time! So, had I not had this mammogram when I did – then this could all have been entirely different in a years time… PLUS – the NHS have acted so quickly (despite our moans and groans about them) – and with something like this – well, it’s all being dealt with at a fast pace – so… I’m actually very lucky.

Anyhoo – to end this particularly miserable and boring missive above the last para, I do have to say one final thing – and that is, I do have a sturdy laptop (have only dropped it twice and it continues to work) and a brain – and sincerely understand that I am actually blessed in my life – I can walk, I can use my hands, I have a bed to sleep in and a house to live in with a river running by and food to eat; I am utterly convinced that the BigC will not be part of my life, that Mr Cant CAN, and will, remove all traces of said lesion and that will be it - and am wholly convinced that tho SLE and RA are part of my life – without them, I wouldn’t be who I am – and most of all, I have strength held in my heart – the one part of me that does work, without fail, even when it’s bruised.

The world is a very precarious place – where I am, albeit a small part of the world which won’t be defined by my circumstances, life is more than kushti – my woes will never compare to those less fortunate than me. I don’t quite understand the why’s of some of my circumstances or how I could change them, but I do believe in fate and “there’s a reason for everything” (excepting my son, for which there will never be a reasonable reason) and tho I don’t have a reasonable voice above at the start, I can talk in a way, which thanks to my laptop, I guess I’ve just done here.

As a wise man once signed: “There are 3 kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who CANT” – apt! Wink

<puts feet up and lallalllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas>

I get tired, and upset
And i’m trying to care a little less
And on Google I only get sad and depressed
I was taught to hide those issues, I was told:
Don’t worry, there’s no doubt
There’s always something to cry about
When you’re stuck in an angry crowd
They don’t think what they say before they open their mouth, you gotta

Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag
And bury them beneath the sea
I don’t care what the people may say
What the people may say bout me.
Pack up your troubles get your old grin back
Don’t worry about the cavalry
I don’t care what the whisperers say
'Cause they whisper too loud for me

Hot topic,
Maybe I should drop it,
It’s a touchy subject,
And I like to tiptoe 'round the s**t going down,
You got penny, no pound
So if your business is running out
It’s not my business to talk about
They don’t think what they say before they open their mouth, you gotta

What the people may say bout me
Pack up your troubles get Your old Grin back

Tweet tweet,
tweet tweet tweet t-t-tweet tweet,
tweet tw' tweet t-t-tweet tweet,
tweet t-tweet tweet tweet...
tweet..tweet..tweet..tweet..tweet..tweet.tweet.tweet..

What the people may say bout me
Pack up your troubles get Your old Grin back

Yeah yeah yeah
[do-do-do-bab-bab-doobie-do]
yeah yeah
[da-doobie-do-ba-do-do]
Oh oh
[da-do-da-dabba-do]

da-do-da-dabba-do…

work tomorrow, so must get head down soon… g’nite folks x
mags314772

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:15 pm
@Izzie,
Love You, Izzie. God keep you safe'''
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:54 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie you're in my thoughts, sending you heaps of vibes and hope all goes according to your wishes. Be strong as always. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 05:32 pm
Izzie, As my grandma used to say, Gunug is gunug. (Enough is enough.) But regardless of what we think is enough, stuff just keeps happening.

Oiling the gears in my hoper. It's been getting a helluva workout.

I'm rooting for you.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 09:28 pm
@Izzie,
Counting on Mr. Cant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:06 pm
@Izzie,
Iz, as you know I have been through similar, but I am mightily confused by what are probably new techniques. I will do some searching.

On the times for reports, I tend to be amazed, not just re you, but others, including here in the u.s. I was a long time lab tech in well reputed places.

I had a mammo on Monday, met my gyno early Tuesday re results (his friend in the building just falling, that was 9/11, the friend turned out ok), walked over to the breast cancer center and balled my way in (I'm not the blossom I can seem to be, and I wanted to be seen in LA and was only there for a week), and had after a very long wait a horrendo needle biopsy. Got the results late Thursday from my gyno, went Friday to get the slides from the path department to deliver to my northern surgeon (whom I talked to when she was driving through the redwoods) mid Friday. Met her the next Tuesday after I drove far north (no planes flying, my lady) and had a lumpectomy on Thursday.

US medicine is a mess, but once in a while it is navigatable.

I'm no one special but I'm I can be authoritative because medical places are a comfort zone to me.
This of course lessens as I get visibly elderly.

Anyway, some of what you described confused me, so I am off to look about what you were talking about.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 03:43:31