"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 11:07 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi, nice to know Sunday went well. Bosun having a busy day won't be around much. Dr's appointment and then into town for a meeting with the Taxation Department, they've made a serious mistake diddling me out of $500,00, they're blaming the computer (isn't this always the case) but the Bosun got the proof and will sort them out. Laters.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 12:47 am
@Dutchy,
Guess who? Laughing Hope you don't mind I took the liberty to introduce you here?
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7376/verbibarry.jpg
verbivore and the Harbourmaster. Don't they look fabulous.
McTag

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:16 am

I thought Baz looked more like Captain Jack Swallow.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 07:08 am
Fantastic photo, Dutchy, and both of the subjects are beautiful. (yes, men are beautiful, too)

Captain Jack swallow, McTag? Thanks for the smile.

Hope our Izzie and company are well and happy.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:26 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Guess who?

Wait till you see us on the back of an elephant!
Suitcase nearly packed.Just gotta bubble wrap Adell.Should be giving The Fredster some attention around 21:00 GMT.
Izzie

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:56 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Guess who? Laughing Hope you don't mind I took the liberty to introduce you here?

That is one gorgeous pic... brought a tear to my eye to see you both there <pass the tissues> ((((MaMaVerby &Baz)))))

Baz - have a good flight home - can't wait to see your pics - see you soon.

Not been too well of late (nem'mind), hoping to pick up to take the trip to meet the Tags and Pads. FQ and family went out for the day to the beach yesterday and had the best time. FQ's off on business now up country (missing her madly) and K-bro will be leaving with the kids tomorrow - bless K-bro, he's been cooking, looking after the kids and helping me.

Pottered in the garden sitting on Granny's little stool - gave the bamboo a big hair cut - snip snip snip snip snip snip - getting mad, getting even. Tired...

Hope that all are well and life is being gentle

(((((((((((((Crew)))))))))))))

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 03:48 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Ah Harbourmaster good to hear from you, looking forward to hear and see all about your visit to India. An elephant ride bet you've never done that back at home. Smile

Hi Izzie, sorrry to hear you haven't been feeling to well, had an inkling of that as you haven't been around for a while. We've missed your chatter.

Going to have my bowl of hot porridge. Laters.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 09:11 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

They do indeed! What a great photo.

Back in the land of the internet for a few days and dropping in to say "hi". Have been trying to catch up. Sorry to hear you're poorly, Izzie. Saw your first redecorating attempt -- very nice colours. I wouldn't worry about the lawns. Just tell the neighbours it's an eco-friendly experiment. (I sometimes mow around clumps of Queen Anne's Lace etc if I think they're pretty. I suppose my lawn looks like it suffers from mange Very Happy )

How's the eye, Dutchy? Better I hope.

Hope everyone on board and their loved ones are well.

Dutchy

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 09:24 pm
@Tai Chi,
Hi Tai Chi, nice to see you back on board, how's work progressing on the old school? Eye holding up, more treatment coming up tomorrow. I'm so pleased everyone loves the photo of our two crew members verbivore and the harbourmaster. Enjoy your stay back in town Tai Chi.
verbivore

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 12:54 am
@Dutchy,
Ok…lemme describe the FABULOUS travelogue of the harbor master..from the minute he met me Razz Razz
Oh..she picked me from the airport in a stuffy car..and road through those stuffed, crazy drivers streets..and then we got down…and guess where she led me to? On to the “ROOF” of a ‘distant…distant relative’ to stand there right under the sun…for about 1hr! to see what??? A procession of mad guys dressed up in stupid costumes..and playing the foolery around in those dingy streets! From there we went to “whattttt???”” God knows! Coz we drove another 1 hr..and ended up in front of “locked doors” that was told to us was the jewish synagogue, no clue since it was “closed”…and we walked a long way to another place…which was ‘again’ “closed” and was called the Dutch palace!!!
Now from here we drove to a play called Kathakali..which was in Malayalam and I understood no word of it..but sure they made sounds so big that it pierced right through my ears! The ordeal lasted for 2 long hours!!!
Again…our car was stuffed in a ferry and we ‘floated’ across the backwater in our ‘car’ to our hotel. Hardly did I have time to close my eyelids..when I got a call at 5am in the morning to check out! Checked out and started off! Yea …”FOUR HOURS” of car drive and “one hour” in the queue! To see what? Just plain green hills! Razz and we rode back the ‘four hours’and hurriedly checked in the airport to find that my plan to Mumbai was cancelled…Luckily by then my mobile battery was dead..and I had just the local phone booths to rely on…by then verbivore had become vapour and vanished into thin air!!!
Razz Razz Razz

Cant help but laugh! i do feel sorry for deaar bazza....but he ended up 2 days in his precious 5 day trip..inside our car...

But izzieee...i understand when u told..hes one jem of a person!!! he was so patient! throughout....gotta catch up with u dear..miss u so much..
esp aftr hearing stuffs from bazza..i just wanna hug u and cling on to u!!!!

THANKS a TON for the chocolates!!!..nd the TEA!!! BEAgle..u sure have some reasons to laugh..actually i had a good laugh..wen it was indeed "confiscated" by my mom-in-law...but no worries..i "gobbled" up the bournville..even bfore i reached home tht day Razz Razz dint have dinner ...
and have carried th big ones wit me....soem of it was indeed confiscated..which s ok~ but i did 'laugh' thinking of the beagles comment...

Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 02:46 am
@verbivore,
Morning Crew

ah MaMaVerby - I really can't wait to see the photos this weekend - know Baz will have loved being in the little streets, seeing the costumes and hearing the sounds. Before he left he told me... "I am hoping to see the green hills"... and by the sounds of it, that's where you took him - well done the both of you. What may seem run of the mill for you was surely to be an adventure for Baz Very Happy You are beautiful MaMaVerbs - so glad you met up with the Harbour Master. Even more pleased that the chocolate was hand delivered to you... yay Very Happy x

TC - so nice to see you back girl - any stories of the School House???? When do you come down from the North and back to TCville? Hugs to you and the College Boy, gal. x

Hey BEAgle - yep, not grand here, little better today - off to the docs in an hour to be stuck with a needle - meanwhile, popping pain pills. Hope the appointment on Wed goes well - will try and catch up with you a bit later. x

((Missy)) - hope all is good with you and you are not run too ragged. x

((Blue)) xox

((((((((((((Crew))))))))))))) x
Dutchy

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:27 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, sending you vibes and strength, hope the Drs. visit brings you some relief. Are you presently on holidays or still working?

verbivore you.ve obviously been a good hostess to your visitor and Teddy thinks you thoroughly deserve your chocolatea. You look ravishing on that photograph and a couple of chocolates won't do you any harm. Wink
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 05:54 am
What a wonderful photo of Verbivore and Barry! The journeys of the Yabber Liner are global.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 03:39 pm
@verbivore,
Hey Crew,just arrived home and am unpacking and giving The Fredster some fussing.What Verbs says is true but she sooooooooooo downplays it.Trust me,you will get my version in a couple of days when I get things sorted and,just to remind you,I HAD A BRILLIANT TIME! and it was all down to Verbs and her hubby Eby.They are very special people!
McTag

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 03:45 pm

The McTags are having problems about getting to London on Saturday because my brother & family have gone to Greece.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 03:53 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Welcome back Harbourmaster that was a rather quick trip, you probably are suffering jet-lag. Look forward to your side of the story. Smile Did enjoy verbivore's though.
Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:11 pm
@Dutchy,
Morning BEAgle... have just spoken with the Harbour Master and he's full of beans Very Happy He's being very secretive about everything he did and says we have to wait for pics... but the one thing he kept repeating was how wonderful our MaMaVerby and Eby were and how they went over and beyond the call of duty in looking after for him. He sounds brilliant - the vacation sounds brilliant. Looking forward to his pics and stories.

Hoping you'll have good results today at your appointment BEAgle. love x

McTag wrote:

The McTags are having problems about getting to London on Saturday because my brother & family have gone to Greece.

Very Happy <very sad face> So wish you could come along POMcT - we will have to make a date with you and the cabin boy before Christmas hopefully. hugs to youze two. xx
McTag

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:36 pm
@Izzie,

She's in London today, we'll have another council of war on Thursday.

Meanwhile, some pix of our walks in Austria

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/Austria%202010/IMG_0205.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/Austria%202010/IMG_0225.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/Austria%202010/IMG_0236.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/Austria%202010/IMG_0217.jpg
Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 04:53 pm
@McTag,
Fab pics POMcT - what a beautiful country... have only been there the once - Jan88 skiing - super stunning - would like to go back there again someday.

I have a little music box that looks just like that first pic and plays "Edelweiss" !

More pics please... more more more...

<demanding wench a?>
verbivore

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 11:33 pm
@Izzie,
BEAgle...gud news for u..bazzas trip to india and his info on the tickets has gt me thinking...n serious lines...that a lill venture outside india..is infact affordable and thinkable...UK nd US is pretty costly..bt i heard 'down under' will b within reach...no clues...just rumours..bt lemme go figure it out Smile
harm or no harm..im still gobbling th chocs and njoying th brit tea..
reminds me..havent heard much frm th Brits..but if they cnsider me..ill have to go through another test..so keeping my fingers crossed. I dont know why?! but i have really high hopes! lets see!
i gotta poke from penny and i knew someone has landed back! Smile keeping my lips sealed and opening my eyes wide to see teh pics...
some disappointing news tho Razz th elephant ride..pics were spoilt..th guy who took it..dnt take it properly..it isnt even clear. it is out of focus

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 11:51:04