Deadliest Catch Series

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 12:08 am
Any fans out there?

I've only recently seen this show - the marathon on Foxtel Discovery Channel.

Not sure why I like it so much, I don't like the ocean, I don't eat seafood (allergic), don't like boats/ships much.

But I find this show fantastic.

Hubby's favourite is the Time Bandit, whereas I like Sig and Edgar from the Northwestern.

I think the money they make during their seasons is well worth the battles they go through with the ocean and the weather - such risks involved.

Apparently season 4 is going to be aired around April (in Oz anyways) so I'm ticking down the time until I get to see the next season.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 6
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 01:12 pm
Hi ya!

I like it too and my favorites are the Northwestern guys with Time Bandit right behind them.

I also just LOVE listening to Mike Rowe narrate so it works perfectly for entertainment value as well.

Yep, they do get paid well for what they do and although I thought it would just go over the same things I like that it keeps the relationships etc going to give more to the show.

I also like the Stat counter thing to see where everyone is for that season/specialty catch.
0 Replies

PastaRoni

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:28 pm
i love it. me and my bf get together with my sister and her bf every tuesday night to watch it.
0 Replies

YellowMustard

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:08 pm
I missed clips from last night's episode. I saw 2 seconds of one team discussing a prank...sorry I don't even remember what team it was. Does anyone no what I'm talking about or what happened?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:26 pm
The unsung bravehearts are the cameramen who hang out on deck. Its like a car wreck. Im a weekend sailor and I can feel the deck leaving you as they plow the waves. Thats a feeling like having a floor removed from under you, except its -20 degrees and its soaking wet.

I actually have a Quaker friend who wont eat king crab because he feels the fishermen are being exploited. SO I tell him that its more crab for me. Nobody forced these guys aboard.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:10 pm
Yeah the North American (I think the boat is) got the prank of pullin up a port o johnny. Was funny.

The Corneilia Marie I think ties with me for second place in my heart now that I've thought on it a bit.

Those cameramen - dang - to be on that deck rollin around and filming--jeesh - that takes a lot of nerve and a dang steady filming hand too.
0 Replies

33nyabalee

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 05:50 am
I can't wait for the new season to screen down here... No news of a date as yet (grrr @ being behind the rest of the world!)
0 Replies