Does Watching TV improve your skill in Writing,Reading, ECt?

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 05:12 pm
Does Watching TV improve your skill in Writing,Reading,Listening,UNderstanding,Comprehending and such?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,066 • Replies: 6
No top replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 05:43 pm
Quote:
Normally, when we are awake and alert, specific areas of the brain are measurably active. But scientists have found that viewing a cathode tube, or television, causes such a decrease in brain activity that viewers are actually put in a trance. According to the research, it doesn't matter what you're watching - the news, a soap opera or "Survivor." The mental numbing may be caused by the cathode tube technology itself.

I'm gonna guess no. Here's the article:

http://www.frif.com/new2002/tub.html
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:02 pm
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT IT'S NOT GOOD TO WATCH TV? TO MUCH TV MESS YOU UP?
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:18 pm
Hi Mr. EThoughts -- I think Jespah's answer in the other posting of this question was much better than mine -- I just thought that bit about the cathode rays being brain-numbing and addictive was interesting.

I don't know that it would mess you up...but ...what Jespah said. Wink
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:26 pm
hehe ok thanks liberty thanks and u too jesaph.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 06:29 pm
MisterE,

Check out some of the programs on your local PBS station and also those on The Discovery Channel, The History Channel and The Learning Channel.

If you find some shows with subjects that interest you, make note of that and make a visit to your local library to read some of the reference books on the subject or check out books on the subject.

If you want, let us know what shows and subjects caught your attention then come back here and write a book report type post on the show and information you found at the library. More then likely you'll find someone else here who is interested in the subject too and you can explore it together.

Doing that exercise will help you improve all the skills you mentioned.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 02:52 am
thanks so much but i will defeniteily try that out do u have msn? or anything like that? so we can speak to each other?
0 Replies