Super Bowl XLII

Ragman

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 09:40 pm
Congrats to Giants and Giants fans everywhere!
WHAT?!

This was the greatest upset and most unpredictable win. Well done Giants..you deserved the win.

Congrats to Giants and Giants fans everywhere!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 12:27 am
Mr. Green

Region Philbis wrote:
that catch against the helmet will haunt my dreams for weeks to come...

That entire play, from start to finish, will be in my dreams as well.

DE-FENSE!

DE-FENSE!

And the helmet catch.

Very Happy

Happy in da Big Apple.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 12:30 am
InfraBlue wrote:
At the very least, I hope the Giants will put up a good fight and make the game interesting.

WOW

All I can say is thank you Giants for puting up one hell of a fight, and making this superbowl one of the most exiting I've seen in quite a while.

My hat is off to you.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 06:20 am
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02042008/photos/sports095a.jpg

what makes this catch all the more unbelievable is the fact that the toughest dirtiest (cheatiest?) player in the league is right there, but can't prevent tyree from holding on.

today will be the toughest day to get thru up heeyuh in Patesland...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:20 am
Sympathy to Pats fans.

We watched the Puppy Bowl (it was great!) and then when it was over I went ahead and switched to Fox. Cheered like mad when Brady got sacked. Realized I was rooting for the Giants. (Pats: Irritating Brady and long-time grr-inducer Randy Moss. Giants: Eli's so darn likable, and Plaxico Burress was mighty against the Packers plus he has a cool name.)

Watched sporadically. Marveled that the score was so close. Actually turned it off sometime in the third quarter. Getting late.

Then E.G. turned it back on just to see what was going on, and there were only 7 minutes or so left and it's the Super Bowl, why not watch the rest? And then WHOA! (That has to be one of the top 25 plays I've ever seen, especially since it was on both ends, and especially given the stakes. They HAD Eli, it looked all over, then somehow he popped out and lofted it and Tyree jumped so high and then held it and held it and held it and... damn!)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:46 am
I have never seen a party clear out faster than last night. Everyone's having a good time, once the game was over...empty.

Sucks, but oh well.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:59 am
A strong Patriots defensive stand.... blocking them out in the last seconds to defend a perfect season, would have been a much better ending to this game.

Darn writer's strike.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:11 am
games over, deal with it!. The really important thing was WHAT WAS THE BEST COMMERCIAL??

I guess the "Rocky" Clydesdale Budwieser ad. I think that brand association is so great that the ad agency can have fun and still deliver a message.

Any other ads that resound?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:17 am
I missed a lot of 'em (didn't see that one) but we liked the screaming wildlife.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:37 am
I won the party pool with my lowball safety pick, 31. Nobody bought 30. I won $49. Perhaps that is a good omen, with the 49ers getting honored before the game and all, that they will soon return to glory.

That said, Ronnie, Jerry, and Steve were out there in suits and the Pats and Giants were slapping at them like teammates. I could just imagine the conversation as they walked back to the sideline. "Hey, Lott, got any Advil?".
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:51 am
Oh and I loved the "Night at the Roxbury" one, especially with Chris Kattan at the end.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:56 am
The best commercial wasn't a commercial at all. It was the reading of the Declaration of Independence before the game.

That said, the best commercial was the guy with the jumper cables attached to his man boobs.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:59 am
Region Philbis wrote:
that catch against the helmet will haunt my dreams for weeks to come...

As should the tip-toe out of bounds after getting the first down a couple plays prior. No first down, no long pass to the helmet.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 11:52 am
One more time!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 12:53 pm
The horror. The horror.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 11:24 pm
Noo Yawk sez thanks and welcome home.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02052008/sports/giants/02052008_giants_parade/photo02.jpg

Jeez, I love this town.

About 1 million people. No more ticker tape. Windows that don't open. Somehow we threw a ticker-tape parade.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 07:56 am
Roberta wrote:
Noo Yawk sez thanks and welcome home.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02052008/sports/giants/02052008_giants_parade/photo02.jpg

Jeez, I love this town.

About 1 million people. No more ticker tape. Windows that don't open. Somehow we threw a ticker-tape parade.

Tom Brady was throwing toilet paper from the roof.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 01:20 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Tom Brady was throwing toilet paper from the roof.

LOL. So that was him up there. I thought he looked familiar.
0 Replies