Hoarders' therapy group.

msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 06:54 am
@Tai Chi,
Sorry, I somehow missed this post earlier, Tai.

Careful about how many new books you acquire! Books (as we all know) are a trap!

Congratulations on making so much impressive headway! So what's next? Shoes, perhaps?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 06:58 am
I just reread this thread right through. (Amazing how much you forget.) There is so much of Noddy here. It's stopped me in my tracks. She sounds so immediate, so present ...
dlowan

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:39 am
@msolga,
Schniff....
msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:48 am
@dlowan,
Yes. Talking about being unwell & all sorts of things ... not just hoarding.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 08:32 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
OK, so starting tomorrow, the big clear out will begin!

Would you believe this is the first time I've seen this thread? Shocked

I've haven't read through the whole topic. Did you ever end up having a yard sale, or something similar?

All our unwanted stuff gets donated to a local thrift store in our community. They seem to do lots of good stuff worldwide.

I must admit that I'm not a collector, but my wife is. She's got lots of bits and pieces around the home.
margo

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 09:28 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
I'm not a collector, but my wife is. She's got lots of bits and pieces around the home.

including you..... Twisted Evil
msolga

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 04:26 am
@Reyn,
I never did get around to having a yard sale, or "garage sale", as we call it, Reyn. Meant to, but sorting, then storing the stuff (to be sold later) just became too difficult with so little space here. In the end I was happy for all the stuff to just vanish completely from my life! .... & end up in the opportunity shop/thrift store Very Happy
Like your wife, I really enjoy coming across little treasures at the op shops .... but I must stop this sort of thing .... I must!!!!!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 08:53 am
@margo,
margo wrote:
including you..... Twisted Evil

Gee, I was hoping I meant a wee bit more to her than that! Shocked Laughing

msolga wrote:
In the end I was happy for all the stuff to just vanish completely from my life!

I hear you on that point.

And, at some point, my wife and I are probably going to move from our spacious 3 bedroom, 1640 square foot townhouse into an apartment. It's going to be tough for her, because some of her stuff will just have to go, for lack of room.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:57:09