Hoarders' therapy group.

margo

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 07:15 pm
feeling virtuous - emptied the vegetable drawer (crisper) this morning - garbage day!

Not a pretty sight - let me tell you! Those critters go there to die a not-too-pleasant death!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 07:41 pm
Clothing is beginning to be packed into Goodwill bags. I have to be careful not to jump the gun, otherwise I'll just end up with a lot of tight, uncomfortable clothes for a while. But, so far so good. Two things are ready to depart my life for good (that may not sound like a lot but they are also from the largest size I've ever been). Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 06:42 am
jespah wrote:
Clothing is beginning to be packed into Goodwill bags. I have to be careful not to jump the gun, otherwise I'll just end up with a lot of tight, uncomfortable clothes for a while. But, so far so good. Two things are ready to depart my life for good (that may not sound like a lot but they are also from the largest size I've ever been). Smile

Take a bow, Jespah!

You've not only gotten rid of those clothes (whose size) you're so unhappy with, but provided some folk, who actually need them right now, with a few new options! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 11:52 am
Jes--

Each garment represents thousands of uneaten calories.

A more vainglorious woman would skip Goodwill and exhibit her castsoffs in a trophy case.

Yours is the better path.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 06:57 pm
Oh my thank you. Embarrassed Got a long ways to go yet, and several sizes to boot. But this is good, it's coinciding with the urge to Spring clean.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:23 pm
Good on ya, Jespah!

Congratulations!Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:33 pm
I've been through this all a bit, within a certain range.

Fast weight loss is at least somewhat untrustworty. Dump clothes or not? If money doesn't matter, of course dump them, but if it does, save a few. Not enough for a whole new inhabitance.

Jespah, sweet, I do worry about the speed of your loss. Be calm, lose smartly. The neo starvation thing is not good either.

I'll be quiet, wrong thread.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:37 pm
It's 11 lbs in 6 weeks (I've been changing things since 12/31, most active in the last month), actually not fast at all. Smile

Thank you for caring, sweetie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:40 pm
I still think that is fast, J, just my opinion. No kidding, re starvation triggers.

Be calm, ride the glide.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:42 pm
But, well, what about my collection of LP records and the turntable that quit working? Toss the LPs, or get a new turntable?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:46 pm
I have a bang and olafsen (how do we spell that) swell turntable, wanna tradesies?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:48 pm
roger wrote:
But, well, what about my collection of LP records and the turntable that quit working? Toss the LPs, or get a new turntable?

Hmmmm ... a tough one.

Do you CD player as well, Roger?

Do you have a particular attachment to any of those old LPs? If so, buy the turntable .... if not, replace them with CDs.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:54 pm
I will buy the whole lot from you and pay for the shipping?!?!?!?

I will send you something from America.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 08:12 pm
I AM in America, Amigo. You are in California. It's mostly popular and soft rock and I'm not sure you would get your money's worth. Still, if I decide to toss them, I'll send a pm and give you first shot at them - less the Seals & Croft album. That one just may be good enough to have it transferred to CD. wonder what kind of box would hold them.

I don't know osso. If I traded the LPs for the turntable, what would I use it with?

That's the thing, Msolga. I have a Seals & Crofts album with Get Closer on it. It seems to be the only thing they did that didn't make it to CD. There's a few other albums that I really like, but that's the killer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 09:36 pm
roger wrote:
That's the thing, Msolga. I have a Seals & Crofts album with Get Closer on it. It seems to be the only thing they did that didn't make it to CD. There's a few other albums that I really like, but that's the killer.

Well this is not exactly helpful if you've been off-loading stuff like the rest of us, Roger :wink: ..... but why not buy a good used stereo player (should be relatively inexpensive?) AND a small CD player, too? That way you get to hear all your favourite LP oldies & pick up some new CDs as well ....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:08 pm
roger wrote:
I AM in America, Amigo. You are in California. It's mostly popular and soft rock and I'm not sure you would get your money's worth. Still, if I decide to toss them, I'll send a pm and give you first shot at them - less the Seals & Croft album. That one just may be good enough to have it transferred to CD. wonder what kind of box would hold them.

I don't know osso. If I traded the LPs for the turntable, what would I use it with?

I should tell you Roger. The kids pay high dollar for those LPs. You could go to a record store and buy yourself a free lunch AND support small buissness AND your records will live again because some kid will buy them.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:14 pm
I'm with msolga on this one, roger. If you have LP's you really like keep an eye out for an old turntable at a yard sale or thrift shop. (You'll need a pre-amp to play it through a modern stereo system.) We have to look around but haven't had too much trouble replacing belts and needles.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:26 pm
Shouldn't be a problem. I've got a receiver that will work with a turntable. It sounds like osso has a turntable for trade. Hmmm. I sort of think she's also got a bigger pile of LPs than I.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:31 pm
Yay, Roger! Very Happy

Now you've gotta do the right thing & off-load something else entirely!

No longer required socks, perhaps? Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 01:41 am
roger wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem. I've got a receiver that will work with a turntable. It sounds like osso has a turntable for trade. Hmmm. I sort of think she's also got a bigger pile of LPs than I.
Records work better then CDs. If you ask me CDs are one of the worst mediums for music and all that computer **** is a pain in the ass.

Keep the LPs, good choice, Go buy a turntable.

Me and my freinds listen to albums all the time and we have all that high tech crap.

The old LPs really have a warm sound and they don't skip.

P.S. Can I sale you some LPs????
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 02:20:57