1
   

HELP! My car is frozen and won't start!

 
 
Montana
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:24 pm
Of course Amigo. I never imagined it any other way :wink: Laughing
0 Replies
 
Montana
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:31 pm
One of these days I'm going to get one of those chargers that don't need to be plugged in. You put it in your trunk and it's there when you need it.

When I had my taxi, a guy that worked for me had one and it's been 10 years now that I've been saying I'd get one.

Next year Cool
0 Replies
 
Noddy24
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:47 pm
Montana--

I've always been one to head out in the nasty weather and start my car every 48-72 hours just to let the battery know I was thinking of it.

I hate inconvenient emergencies.

How clever of your son to remember that A Battery is A Battery.
0 Replies
 
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:56 pm
Montana wrote:
One of these days I'm going to get one of those chargers that don't need to be plugged in. You put it in your trunk and it's there when you need it.

When I had my taxi, a guy that worked for me had one and it's been 10 years now that I've been saying I'd get one.

Next year Cool


You mean the kind that have a rechargeable battery that you must keep charged so it won't be dead in the trunk when you need it?
0 Replies
 
hamburger
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:08 pm
montana :

i assume you have a blockheater installed and plugged in ?
if you don't want to go to the trouble of having a proper blockheater installed , get one of those "magnetic" ones that will stick to the engine block . even a 100 watt bulb (IN A SERVICE CAGE !!!) will give enough warmth to prevent the whole engine block from freezing up .
VROOM , VROOM !
hbg

http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/11-30/rude-driver-cursing-copyright2.gif

Shocked Laughing
0 Replies
 
Montana
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:12 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

I've always been one to head out in the nasty weather and start my car every 48-72 hours just to let the battery know I was thinking of it.

I hate inconvenient emergencies.

How clever of your son to remember that A Battery is A Battery.


Yeah, I was telling mom that I'll be going out to start it every few days and letting it run for 5 minutes, just to let it know it's still alive Laughing

My son is a car nut, so I knew he'd think of something :wink:

He always wanted to work with cars, but he ended up as a superviser in a call center. go figure Very Happy
0 Replies
 
Montana
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:12 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Montana wrote:
One of these days I'm going to get one of those chargers that don't need to be plugged in. You put it in your trunk and it's there when you need it.

When I had my taxi, a guy that worked for me had one and it's been 10 years now that I've been saying I'd get one.

Next year Cool


You mean the kind that have a rechargeable battery that you must keep charged so it won't be dead in the trunk when you need it?


Yeah, yeah, one of those Laughing
0 Replies
 
Montana
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:17 pm
hamburger wrote:
montana :

i assume you have a blockheater installed and plugged in ?
if you don't want to go to the trouble of having a proper blockheater installed , get one of those "magnetic" ones that will stick to the engine block . even a 100 watt bulb (IN A SERVICE CAGE !!!) will give enough warmth to prevent the whole engine block from freezing up .
VROOM , VROOM !
hbg

http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/11-30/rude-driver-cursing-copyright2.gif

Shocked Laughing


Nope, surprisingly, this one doesn't have a block heater and my finances at the moment won't allow me to buy anything I don't absolutely need, so I'll have to rough it this year.
I didn't have any problems last year when I was driving it to work every day, but I let it sit for 2 weeks this time around without starting it, so that'll do it.

Gonna get the juices flowing ever few days to keep it alive from now on. Got lots of running around to do starting next week, so that'll help.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/24/2020 at 03:54:06