HELP! My car is frozen and won't start!

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:24 pm
Of course Amigo. I never imagined it any other way :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:31 pm
One of these days I'm going to get one of those chargers that don't need to be plugged in. You put it in your trunk and it's there when you need it.

When I had my taxi, a guy that worked for me had one and it's been 10 years now that I've been saying I'd get one.

Next year Cool
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:47 pm
Montana--

I've always been one to head out in the nasty weather and start my car every 48-72 hours just to let the battery know I was thinking of it.

I hate inconvenient emergencies.

How clever of your son to remember that A Battery is A Battery.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:56 pm
Montana wrote:
One of these days I'm going to get one of those chargers that don't need to be plugged in. You put it in your trunk and it's there when you need it.

When I had my taxi, a guy that worked for me had one and it's been 10 years now that I've been saying I'd get one.

Next year Cool

You mean the kind that have a rechargeable battery that you must keep charged so it won't be dead in the trunk when you need it?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:08 pm
montana :

i assume you have a blockheater installed and plugged in ?
if you don't want to go to the trouble of having a proper blockheater installed , get one of those "magnetic" ones that will stick to the engine block . even a 100 watt bulb (IN A SERVICE CAGE !!!) will give enough warmth to prevent the whole engine block from freezing up .
VROOM , VROOM !
hbg

http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/11-30/rude-driver-cursing-copyright2.gif

Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:12 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Montana--

I've always been one to head out in the nasty weather and start my car every 48-72 hours just to let the battery know I was thinking of it.

I hate inconvenient emergencies.

How clever of your son to remember that A Battery is A Battery.

Yeah, I was telling mom that I'll be going out to start it every few days and letting it run for 5 minutes, just to let it know it's still alive Laughing

My son is a car nut, so I knew he'd think of something :wink:

He always wanted to work with cars, but he ended up as a superviser in a call center. go figure Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:12 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Montana wrote:

Next year Cool

You mean the kind that have a rechargeable battery that you must keep charged so it won't be dead in the trunk when you need it?

Yeah, yeah, one of those Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:17 pm
hamburger wrote:
montana :

i assume you have a blockheater installed and plugged in ?
if you don't want to go to the trouble of having a proper blockheater installed , get one of those "magnetic" ones that will stick to the engine block . even a 100 watt bulb (IN A SERVICE CAGE !!!) will give enough warmth to prevent the whole engine block from freezing up .
VROOM , VROOM !
hbg

http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/11-30/rude-driver-cursing-copyright2.gif

Shocked Laughing

Nope, surprisingly, this one doesn't have a block heater and my finances at the moment won't allow me to buy anything I don't absolutely need, so I'll have to rough it this year.
I didn't have any problems last year when I was driving it to work every day, but I let it sit for 2 weeks this time around without starting it, so that'll do it.

Gonna get the juices flowing ever few days to keep it alive from now on. Got lots of running around to do starting next week, so that'll help.
0 Replies