Miller

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 11:28 am
Yes, it is.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 11:35 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
it is sad the way NFL veterans get treated once they hit a certain age (varies by position), or their skills begin to decline...

No, it ain't, either. This isn't show-friends, it's show-business.

If Moss just kept his ******* mouth shut and focused on catching the ball, instead of being a drama queen all these years, he'd still be a top guy; he still has top skills, you seem them all the time when he plays. But he's more interested in being difficult than he is in winning.

Cycloptichorn
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 03:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

that was a generalization.
i don't think moss is ready to call it a career, and i'm quite sure he'll land on another team.

what i meant was... unlike other team sports, NFL vets don't get the nice send-offs -- speeches, video tributes, the clichéd rocking chair...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 03:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not that I know, just that I've read, I hear Moss is often or usually silent to reporters, but when he does talk, motor mouth occurs. One of the articles I read, whichever one it was, said he is sometimes right, 'too close to home' in his comments.

Surely he's a bundle of trouble for a team, but also worth it when energized.
Also, obviously from history, the Vikings knew who they were signing on for. If not, Childress is more out to lunch than I thought.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 04:04 pm
@ossobuco,

Quote:
Titans claim Randy Moss

The Titans claimed Moss off the waiver wire Wednesday, choosing not to take any risks with receiver Kenny Britt missing at least one game with an injured right hamstring.

Moss plans to report to the Titans, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

If Moss were to change his mind and doesn't report, Tennessee would send him a five-day letter and at the end of that five days, they would have the right to put him on the Reserve/Left Squad list. Then, he would be out for the remainder of the season. Moss' status for next season would then be determined by terms of the new collective bargaining agreement.
(espn)

let the record show that the titans were 5-3 at the time...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 05:44 pm

Quote:
Source: Wilf Contemplated Firing Childress

Randy Moss did not appear on waivers for 24 hours because Vikings owner Zygi Wilf was furious about being circumvented
by coach Brad Childress. The owner considered retaining Moss and firing Childress, according to a team source.

Childress and two team executives did not respond to emails and text messages sent by ESPN seeking comment.

Childress, according to The Star Tribune, put his job in jeopardy because he didn't follow franchise protocol and talk to
Wilf before deciding to place Moss on waivers.

Childress is under contract for three more seasons. He was asked Friday if he thought he still had Wilf's support.

"My sense doesn't make any difference," Childress said. "You'd have to speak to him on that. We've always communicated
very well and I haven't seen any change on that."
(espn)
sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 05:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
I haven't been super-impressed with Childress. I think Vikings have personnel to do better than they've been doing (although Brett may not be included in that anymore -- even if he is focused he's just too beat up to do what his football instincts are telling him to do).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 11:19 am

randy is hanging up his cleats after 13 years in the league...
Miller

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:59 am
@Region Philbis,
Too tired?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 10:32 am
@Miller,

apparently didn't get an offer to his liking.
guessing he hooks up with a playoff-bound team halfway through the season...
Miller

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
How many wives did he have?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:03 pm
@Miller,

hellfino... but he did score a lot (153 career TD's)...
Miller

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
I thought I recall he was in court once about child/spouse support for a couple
of them.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 09:14 am

after sitting out a year, randy is attempting a comeback.
he impressed the saints last week, and the 49'ers will check him out tomorrow...
panzade

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 11:21 am
@Region Philbis,
His 15 seconds is up...let's move on.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 05:33 am
@panzade,

not quite, apparently...
Quote:
Randy Moss is ready to show the world he can still be that dynamic deep threat who once dominated
NFL defensive backs.

Even after a year away. Even at age 35. Even with a reputation he says isn't all it's made out to be.

Moss is getting another chance in the NFL, signing a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers
on Monday only hours after he worked out for the team and with former NFL quarterback and current coach
Jim Harbaugh.

"I'm not a free agent. I'm a guy straight off the couch, straight off the street," Moss said. "One thing
I want the sports world to understand is the love and passion I have for football."

Moss will fill a big void for the reigning NFC West champions in Harbaugh's version of the West Coast offense.

While he didn't go as far as to promise not to pout when times are tough, he did say all the right things,
and that he plans to be a positive presence in a locker room known for its blue-collar, unselfish approach.
Moss has no interest in reflecting on his past, either.

This is a fresh start.

"The thing about me being here is they've done their research on me. When it comes to the worldwide
sports media, I've gotten a bad rap," Moss said. "They've done their homework on me or they wouldn't have
brought me in here. ... (The questions were) more of me not being a team player and things like that. I don't
want to get into that."
(espn)
0 Replies