Was Moss Distracted?

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 07:42 am
@sozobe,
Finalized:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/patriots-finalize-trade-of-randy-moss-to-vikings/1

(Hmm, hasn't been confirmed by the teams. But seems pretty final.)

I dunno. Good news for Favre (he's tried in vain to get Moss before), so I'm happy he's happy. But I don't like Moss one bit, personally. If he does well on the field I guess that's good.

Certainly good timing for the Vikings with such a miserable start to the season. Pretty much anything that makes 'em think things have changed for the better would help. If Moss reins in his bratty tendencies, could work.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 08:24 am
@sozobe,

yeah, it's a done deal.

all they could get for him was a 3rd rounder?
that tells me they really wanted him gone...
Miller

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 08:44 am
@Region Philbis,
Not a wise move.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 01:04 pm
@Miller,

he left them with no choice --
Quote:
Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange
at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.

The locker-room exchange, described as an "outburst" by one player, came two days before the Patriots traded Moss to
the Minnesota Vikings for a 2011 third-round draft choice, and could have contributed to the team's decision to make the deal.
(ESPN)
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2010 12:09 pm

pates now reportedly interested in reaquiring seattle WR Deion Branch...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 05:31 am

if that falls through, a trade for charger WR vincent jackson is also in the works...
George

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 09:31 am
@Region Philbis,
Why would SD do that?
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 03:33 pm
@George,

because he's also disgruntled, i'm guessing...
Rockhead

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 03:38 pm
@Region Philbis,
isn't that a prerequisite for the WR position?
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 04:00 pm
@Rockhead,

dunno, but honoring the final year of a contract is quickly becoming a lost art...
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 04:20 pm
@Rockhead,
Are there any gruntled WRs?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 08:28 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

he left them with no choice --
Quote:
Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange
at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.

The locker-room exchange, described as an "outburst" by one player, came two days before the Patriots traded Moss to
the Minnesota Vikings for a 2011 third-round draft choice, and could have contributed to the team's decision to make the deal.
(ESPN)

Sounds like Brady may have been very upset at half-time.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:12 am

it's official -- Deion Branch is back...
sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:14 am
Moss-to-Favre was fun. It was too cocky for the team's skill level, but it was fun.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 07:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Something wrong with this.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:25 pm

Shocked

that was fast...
Quote:
Vikings waive Randy Moss

Randy Moss was waived by the Vikings on Monday just weeks after Minnesota traded a third-round draft pick to the
New England Patriots for the receiver.

Vikings players said Monday that coach Brad Childress told them that Moss "is no longer with us."

Linebacker Ben Leber told the Star Tribune that Childress didn't give the team a reason for Moss' ouster from Minnesota.

"No reason, really, [he] just wanted to give everybody a heads-up and say this is what's going on, and that's it," Leber told
the newspaper. "He didn't really dive into any details, and just said that's what were going to go with."

Moss will be on waivers for the next 24 hours. Buffalo, the team with the worst record in the league, has the first shot
to claim Moss. The Patriots, who own the NFL's best record, would only have a chance to claim Moss if the NFL's other
31 teams pass. If Moss isn't claimed he will be free to sign with any team. Any team claiming Moss on waivers would owe him
nine game checks (out of 16) of his $6.4 million base salary.
(espn)
sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
Holy cannoli!

Well, after the game on Sunday he seemed to be telegraphing that he was regretting this whole Vikings experiment. (He was praising the Patriots up and down. It was hard to tell if it was meant to dis the Vikings or to tell the Patriots that he'd love to be re-signed at the end of the season, but something was up.)

His move to the Vikes was predicated on the idea that Brett Favre was still capable of doing Brett Favre things, and that seems increasingly in doubt. (Sigh.)
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 02:40 pm
@sozobe,

someone will take him, but i can't see him coming back here...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 04:41 pm
Seems like a strange situation with the Vikings, from the little I've read up until now. I was just reading Seifert on the matter, espn, I think. Well, I'm morbidly curious.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 05:40 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Sources close to the situation told Schefter that Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is angry that his team plans to waive a player he wanted in Minnesota. Wilf played a major role in the re-acquisition of Moss and is unhappy with the way Monday's events regarding Moss unfolded.
(espn)

so he said he felt unwanted here in september; the pates obliged him soon thereafter.
now, a month later, he's waxing nostalgic about it??
makes no sense.

it is sad the way NFL veterans get treated once they hit a certain age (varies by position), or their skills begin to decline...