Bubble Tea: Have You Tried It?

littlek

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:59 pm
We can get the bubble tea hot or cold, but it always milked and sugared. I suppose you could request it otherwise.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 04:09 pm
Lord! What milk do bubbles give???!!!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 12:10 am
Bubbles don't give milk; milk gives bubbles (to some more than others)...

Some of the bubble tea concoctions aren't really tea at all -- like the Mango one. But they're all milky and sweet, with big tapioca pearls on the bottom. I first had one in Vancouver BC about five years ago. The flavor was green tea and it wasn't too sweet. It's still the best one I've had.

New experience this week -- mochi ice cream. Mango, green tea, and cappuchino ice creams wrapped (separately) in rice paper so you could pick them up and eat them. The mango was the best!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 06:06 am
Whoa! I LOOOOVVVVEEEEEEE green tea icecream!

In fact, I love green tea - especially the powdered stuff I cannot seem to get outside of japan, though I have dedicated myself to the search. If I can get a green tea bubble tea I am all for it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 09:31 am
I love the mochi bundles. Actually, the dough (mochi) is best (in my opinion) NOT frozen in a little tasty treat called Daifuko.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:02 pm
I'll have to find that. There's gotta be some around here someplace! (Uwajimaya, probly.)

I also love something I've only found once -- green tea chewing gum. It was Hollywood brand, and I found it in a little grocery in Silicon Valley about 18 years ago...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:14 pm
Love mochi!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:21 pm
Well, the best daifuko I've ever had was from a Japanese bakery in Brookline, MA. My ex housemate used to MAKE it from scratch. Interesting process.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 06:53 am
Green tea chewing gum!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Almost enough to get me to take up gum chewing! Anyone ever sees that, buy it and I will reimburse you for it and your postage!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:13 am
wow! Big spender!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:23 am
I spend what I have....almost nothing...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:24 am
{grin}
I'll look in the several asian markets in my area.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:33 am
I love green tea ice cream (Greg's in T.O. makes a wicked one, despite being owned by gaijin), but bubble tea is disgusting. Then again, I hate tapioca.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:45 am
awwwwwwwww k! Don't take no trouble! Hey - maybe I could look in Chinatown here?

Hate tapioca? Oh my! I feel a sago or tapioca pudding coming on....
0 Replies