Amsterdam Hotels, Which one would you recommend?

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 10:48 am
I'm going to Amsterdam in May and I've been looking for a decent hotel. We did see the 'home and away' apartments, but the price was wrong on the website and is actually exceedingly more expensive than advertised.

We're staying for 7 nights (my boyfriend and I, both will be 18), getting in early, leaving late, and looking to spend around £500, maybe a little more/less. No more than £650 and that would be only if it was a VERY good hotel.

So, anyone got any recommendations? Looking to be near central station, close to the centre of town +red light district..

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,288 • Replies: 7
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 02:14 pm
Your price range will limit you to 1 or 2 star.

Try googling "2 star Amsterdam" and see what comes up.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:25 pm
Actually there are quite a lot of 3*s too.

I've been looking, I just wanted some suggestions to compare with my shortlist. I've pretty much looked at all the hotels, but I'm lost at the decision of which one's best, seen as the reviews are so mixed.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 09:45 pm
I'm surprised you found central 3 stars in your budget. Which ones ?
Generally speaking, Amsterdam is not a week-long venue and prices reflect that.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 02:04 pm
Not really wanting to go searching for all of them again, but Hem Hotel, Hotel D'Amsterdam, Qbic Hotel, Vivaldi Hotel... All three star.

I know it's not. We were meant to be meeting friends half way through, so we were having couply time for the first few days then doing some more socially stuff on the last lot. Plus we do tend to lie in quite often, so we want as much time as poss with no pressure of time limit.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 02:47 pm
Contrary to description, I would not call any of those "central". (within the Spuistraat, Amstel, Waterlooplein ring.) They are all at least 20 minutes walk from the station/red-light district. (You can use the tram of course).

Good hunting.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 05:53 pm
2km from the station is not far, and it's easy to access the red light district which is nearer to the hotel than the station.

I've been before so I'm pretty clued up on the locations, and last time I went I stayed further away from Central Station.

Carrying heavy suitcases however, I'm not really planning on walking anyway. Staying TOO close to central station puts us right in the middle of the night-life so we won't get any sleep.

Though there is one hotel right bang in the middle of the red light district...it's got pretty good reviews, could be fun! Razz

Thanks, but I'm done searching, I just need someone that I can have a proper discussion with, who's got experience of a particular hotel and can tell me if they'd recommend it.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 07:07 am
Whenever I'm there,I always stay HERE.The Square holds lots of attractions-open air bar under the trees and the most famous "coffee bar" ever !
Just a ten minute tram ride from CS.All "attractions"within a 15 minute walk-Dam Square,The flower Market,The Red Light District.
0 Replies