How do I reinstall my current Int Explror?

dov1953

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:55 am
I have been with tech support 6 times to fix this problem but it nevers seems to get fixed. Is there a problem with just going to "search files and folders", then deleting the current version and then reinstalling it. If this is possible, then how do I find this copy on Int Exp to reinstall? Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 910 • Replies: 2
No top replies

RedHawk

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 04:42 am
I think you can find it on-line. I did it that way, but I still had a problem with the Outlook Express feature. Every time I opened it, I got disconnected from the internet. It turns out that Outlook Express is incompatible with the Windows version that I am running.

Funny thing; Scottrade told me that Internet Explorer was better than AOL 8.0 for accessing my account, but in actuality 8.0, and now 9.0 works just as well and takes about 1/2 the time for accessing that account than Internet Exporer.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 05:20 am
Yes, there is a problem with just deleting the IE files.

Never delete program files. They are not like documents. Programs need registry entries and other such things that deleting does not solve. To unintall a program use the program's uninstaller (I can explain how if you need it). Never just delete the program folder.

I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve but to install IE's latest version simply do the following:

1. Go to the Internet Explorer Website
  2. Click on the "Download Now" link.
  3. Download and execute the IE installer. It should upgrade your IE.
0 Replies