What is "run scripts on this page"

dov1953

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:49 am
Mad Sometimes I get this message on a page and it asks me if I want to allow it. I usually say yes but the same question always comes back over and over.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 745 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 04:48 am
The message I suspect you're refering to (please post full messages, by the way) is just allowing you to cancel any other scripts on a particular web page cuz some script in it returned an error. This is almost always the web developer's problem. It doesn't really matter what you answer in most cases, it usually won't help anything either way.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 05:21 am
It could also be a security setting on your browser asking if you want to run a particular type of script (and therefore not the webdesigners fault or problem).

Your question was a bit too vague to pin it down.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 08:55 am
What is run scripts
With me it was a security setting that caused this message to appear. It tended to appear mainly with certain web pages, notably, Abuzz, especially when using the long response window. Once I adjusted the setting, the problem went away.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the setting was and/or should be, since a) it was a while back, and b) I was using AOL at the time and their settings may be somewhat different from MSN. For what it's worth, I've never had the problem since switching.
0 Replies