CONTEST BEVERAGES: 3 Versions of Bloody Mary Drinks

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 03:06 pm
3 versions of Bloody Mary drinks; great served with Brunch.

BLOODY MARYS, NEW ENGLAND STYLE
Adapted by BumbleBeeBoogie

3 ounces vodka
3 to 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
3 to 4 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon prepared or freshly grated horseradish
1-1/2 cups canned tomato juice
2 stalks fresh cut celery

Place all of the ingredients except the celery stalks in a blender or cocktail shaker. Blend or shake. Fill pint glasses with ice cubes and add the Bloody Mary mix. Add the celery stalks as a garnish. Serves 4.

CALIFORNIA BLOODY MARYS
By BumbleBeeBoogie

3 cans of V8 SPICY Vegetable Juice
2 to 3 ounces Vodka
Lemon slices and celery stalks for garnish

Combine in a pitcher and pour over glasses containing ice cubes. Add garnishes. Serves 4 or 5.

NON-ALCOHOLIC BLOODY MARYS
Adapted by BumbleBeeBoogie

3 cups canned V8 vegetable juice
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 to 1 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 lemon slices for garnish

Combine the ingredients in a pitcher. Serve in glasses over ice cubes garnished with the lemon slices. Makes 4 servings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,545 • Replies: 6
No top replies

McTag

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 04:38 pm
Bumble, I salute your industry in posting these culinary pages, I'm only sorry no-one seem to know what to say.
I don't know what to say either.
We have a service on TV Ceefax, which is a daily recipe. Some people use that, when they are looking for inspiraton about what to cook that evening. The recipes are simple of course.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 06:48 pm
I love Bloody Marys -- here's a poem I wrote in the spontaneous poem thread of a2k. I'm sure you need it here! Wink

Ode to a Bloody Mary

What is it, dear, about you,
That makes me love you so?
Piquant you are and salty
As the fabled Russian roe.

You have a lovely color,
You have a taste divine,
You give me all I need to
Wash away that awful wine.

And so I thank you darling
For the pick-me-up I need.
You are the hostess with the mostess
And I love you dear, indeed.

There's a place in Seattle's Pike Place Market that serves Bloody Marys with my favorite garnishes... a lemon slice, a couple of olives on a stick & a pickled green bean. Yummm.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 09:43 pm
McTag
McTag, the reason I'm posting so many recipes is that JerryR is requesting them for the new A2K cookbook collection that is planned. I still have a lot more to post unless JerryR screams "enough already." I'm about half way through my recipe disks at this point. I've been trying to post the content of a disk each day.

We had a huge power failure in Albuquerque this afternoon, about 4 hours. I lost my DSL computer connection for over five hours. I just was able to get back on line to catch up with Eva's Venice Goddess dinner. I was frantic to learn the news of which guests that arrived while my computer was down, and whether Cav was surviving the huge task.

Do you plan to make an appearance at the grand party?
---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 09:46 pm
Piffka
Piffka, love your ode to Bloody Marys. You should get gussied up and make an appearance at Eva's Venice Love Goddess dinner party, which is about to start, and read your poem to the gathered guests.

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 09:49 pm
Hmmm, thanks, BBB, maybe I will later, but I'm going to have some real dinner right now.

(Sorry about your power failure. Shades of NYC!)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:18 am
Re: McTag
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
McTag, the reason I'm posting so many recipes is that JerryR is requesting them for the new A2K cookbook collection that is planned. I still have a lot more to post unless JerryR screams "enough already." I'm about half way through my recipe disks at this point. I've been trying to post the content of a disk each day.

We had a huge power failure in Albuquerque this afternoon, about 4 hours. I lost my DSL computer connection for over five hours. I just was able to get back on line to catch up with Eva's Venice Goddess dinner. I was frantic to learn the news of which guests that arrived while my computer was down, and whether Cav was surviving the huge task.

Do you plan to make an appearance at the grand party?
---BumbleBeeBoogie

This is some activity on A2K of which I was unaware. I'll have a look, thank you.
And just a thought- if you are posting these recipes for JerryR, would it not be better to PM him? They are going out as topics, individually, and I'm not sure that is what you want. Anyhow it's your thing. They look interesting.

McT
0 Replies