Wear and tear with microfiber on a couch.

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 03:31 pm
We are in the process of buying a couch and we think we found one. We decided to get microfiber because of our two small children. Our question is what does microfiber look like after a couple of years? What is the natural wear and tear?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,231 • Replies: 3
No top replies

luckydriver

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 06:55 pm
boy what a timely post. We just got our first one and are pretty happy with it the past 3 months but it seems to 'accumulate crumbs' rather quickly. Unsure if we are dragging something on it or what. But never had a problem with any other sofa. We got this kind because it was the perfect size for the area we needed it
0 Replies

schwab123

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:38 pm
us too. the sofa we want fits just right in our space but there are other options for fabric. The sales people keep saying that microfiber is the best for kids but we were wondering if over time you would be able to see impressions on the cushions because of the way the fabric is soft and suede like.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:43 am
Small tip from a former furniture salesguy: Microfiber is the easiest to clean when accidents happen! That's also my personal experience. Rub it off with a damp cloth with some dish soap, let it dry, done! For wear and tear it pays off not to buy the cheapest fabric. Ask the salesperson if it's special brand of fabric, or the factory stuff. I'm not saying that the manufacturers own brand is bad, but some brand names are actually tough to beat.
Our couches have brand name microfibre "suede-ish" fabric,8 years and counting, they still got a nice feel to it, getting darker, but that's no problem since I can wash'em in the machine.
0 Replies