Are YOU A HYPOCRITICAL ANIMAL LOVER

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:58 pm
I continually read posts whereby contributors refer to themselves as ANIMAL LOVERS.. I wonder if they really are ?

The next time you go into the local supermarket have a look at the number of aisles used exclusively for the sale of PET FOOD..

Here in Australia the main ingredient is KANGAROO meat. These poor creatures are being killed off by the million in many cruel ways. The meat is then sent off to the hugely rich meat processors and the skins sent off to Asian for processing.

I know the farming types will say that Kangaroos are a pest and that PETS EAT MEAT etc....BUT.... if it is necessary to cull these poor animals to feed pets why should this not be done by Government employees rather than some of these huge PET FOOD firms who are making an absolute fortune... ( Have a look at some of the adverts on racing cars etc )

Next time you go to buy your PET FOOD and because you tell yourself you are an animal lover...... THINK ABOUT IT. ARE YOU AN ANIMAL LOVER....... ARE YOU SURE....?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,646 • Replies: 117
No top replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:11 pm
Do you eat meat?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:19 pm
Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:21 pm
I don't understand why you're so upset about this. If it wasn't kangaroo, it would be some other animal that would lose it's life to feed our animals, so what's the difference?

Although, I do have a problem with cruely killing them. That is a huge issue with me!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:12 pm
Hi Wattsie, Is the following information true?

Kangaroo meat comes entirely from professional culling operations where the animals are head or heart-shot in the wild. Both the meat and the hides are sold. Although most species of macropod are protected from hunting by law, a small number of the large-sized species which exist in high numbers can be hunted by commercial hunters. This policy has been criticised by some wildlife activists.

There are probably around 50 million kangaroos in Australia. These numbers have increased significantly, from 21 million, since kangaroo meat operations began. In 2002 the number of kangaroos allowed to be shot by commercial hunters was increased from 5.5 million to 7 million per year. While animal rights activists protested the move, Australian farmers said that there was a "plague" of kangaroos after a huge increase in their numbers. However, scientific evidence suggests that the average sheep has up to 5 times as much grazing pressure as the average kangaroo, and that replacing sheep farming with kangaroo harvesting can significantly reduce the total grazing pressure on rangelands.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:19 pm
HA! Remember that your an animal lover the next time a Bacon Cheeseburger passes through your lips.........
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:22 pm
Oh drool!!!!!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:37 pm
Quote:
Montana wrote:
Oh drool!!!!!
Quote:

I know, it does sound goooood, doesn't it?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:41 pm
It's been a while since I've had a nice juicy bacon cheesburger and just the thought makes my mouth water!

That does it! I'm taking some burger out of the freezer right now and I'm gonna make some tomorrow. Don't have any american cheese, so it's either swiss or provolone.

What would you do MMS?
0 Replies

mercator

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 12:55 am
Are YOU A HYPOCRITICAL ANIMAL LOVER
Montana wrote:
Do you eat meat?

I knew I would get replies from those that shoot from the hip without thinking first ....

Just thought I would test the water...

Sorry if you feel a bit guilty Montana.. I suppose you also have a huge range of cats and weird dog species that piddle and crap on other peoples lawn...

Sure I eat meat... But read the complete post.
0 Replies

mercator

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 01:06 am
Intrepid wrote:
Hi Wattsie, Is the following information true?

Kangaroo meat comes entirely from professional culling operations where the animals are head or heart-shot in the wild. Both the meat and the hides are sold. Although most species of macropod are protected from hunting by law, a small number of the large-sized species which exist in high numbers can be hunted by commercial hunters. This policy has been criticised by some wildlife activists.

Most if not all Kangaroos are shot at night. The bullsh. you have read about " Heart / Head shot is crap and you must take the information from whence it comes..

They certainly are a pest to many farmers and a risk to road users...especially at twilight. They sure need to be culled BUT..why do we have to have large overseas companies making huge profits to do so...The government should be doing so and return the profits to the taxpayers...

I suppose the next posts I get will say its ok to LITERALLY dig up Australia and sell it....as we have been doing for decades ( Including yellowcake ) and the profits going into the hands of a few individuals NOT TO THE ABORIGINAL PEOPLES ! or Government coffers..
0 Replies

mercator

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 01:09 am
Montana wrote:
It's been a while since I've had a nice juicy bacon cheesburger and just the thought makes my mouth water!

That does it! I'm taking some burger out of the freezer right now and I'm gonna make some tomorrow. Don't have any american cheese, so it's either swiss or provolone.

What would you do MMS?

Hey ' Montana ' ........ Why not try a nice hunk of Roo... plust your various cheeses....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:04 am
Re: Are YOU A HYPOCRITICAL ANIMAL LOVER
wattsie wrote:
I continually read posts whereby contributors refer to themselves as ANIMAL LOVERS..

Do you allege that this is true at this site--are you saying that members at this site continually describe themselves as animal lovers?

I suspect that, in fact, you have only written that introductory sentence as a launch pad for your rant. In short, i think you are lying.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:09 am
I think OZ needs to give back the 630,000 or so guns they stole from their citizens and encourage folks to go hunting.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:05 am
Do you just have a rant over kangaroo, or is that any animal?

You wanna raise hell and call us hypocrites???

My point being that you need to think twice before you pop the next aspirin in your mouth, or tylenol, or prescription drug. Because before the drug administration releases any drug for consumer use and places it on a shelf, its been tested on lab rats....

And...

The last time I check the back of a dog food sack I was feeding my pooch, I don't believe I read Kangaroo meat listed anywhere as a key ingredient.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:07 am
I have to special order the roo for my cat. Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:13 am
Ohh yeah, I've heard of Kanga Kittyroo mix before..........Thats sopposed to be very high in protien.....
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:19 am
Quote:
My point being that you need to think twice before you pop the next aspirin in your mouth, or tylenol, or prescription drug. Because before the drug administration releases any drug for consumer use and places it on a shelf, its been tested on lab rats....

Got news for you honey, by farrrr the most commonly used animal for pharma testing is DOGS!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:25 am
His rant isn't about roos or pets at all.

The anger is directed toward corporations that make a profit from selling pet foods.

Apparantly this is supposed to be the governments job.

I live in the US Wattsie, so I don't know about australian laws or business practices.

When I go to the local pet smart (our supermarket only carry a small seclection of pet foods, maybe takes up half an aisle, pet smart is a "pet supermarket" and sells large quantities), the food is all manufactured and sold by corporations, not the government.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some government program that produces pet food, if there is I don't know about it.

So, is your real gripe that the aboriginal people are not receiving all the benefits they can from the government, because individual companies have all the pet food business?

Seems like you're put off by the misdirected belief that it's evil to turn a profit.

Economics 101....that what businesses do.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:34 am
TheCorrectResponse wrote:
Quote:

Got news for you honey, by farrrr the most commonly used animal for pharma testing is DOGS!

Maybe in Australia where the "rats" are 6' tall and capable of kicking the **** out of their captors.
0 Replies