Can anyone identify maybe old london scene?

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 12:01 pm
Found it (a print) hanging in a hotel hall of all places and was fascinated by it. It appears to be set in perhaps London in 1700's? 1800's? Looks to be night. Lot of activity going on, street scene. I will see if I can upload it from my cell phone (I took a photo of a section of it). I can't recall all details but will describe what I have on my phone. Centers on man and woman. a table, man is showing woman wares? There is a bright lamp on the table. there is a woman seated next to this same table. Other people around. In the far background there is a faint outline of gray color of a building. Has maybe turrets.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 550 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:37 am
No one's going to be able to really meaningfully help you unless you upload an image. You cannot do that directly from the phone; it has to be hosted somewhere, such as imageshack or photobucket.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:45 am
William Hogarth produced some busy street scenes of that era.
I can't recall one of that exact description.
Please post your camera photo.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:52 am
It really could by Hogarth - I've only an etching of the painting "Night" ...

http://i11.tinypic.com/71bpqjd.jpg
0 Replies

lennieblue

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:54 pm
uploading the photo
I will send the photo to myself from the phone to my email and try to use You Send it. Wish me luck! The image sent (thank you Walter Hinteler) is not the one but thanks for trying. Mine is more extended to side and is very colorful. It may be it is not London at all. I'll get on that photo.
0 Replies

lennieblue

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 10:22 am
attaching photo of described painting
Tried to use Yousendit to attach photo and get a syntax error. Will keep trying. Too bad. Sad
0 Replies